hothothothothothot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hothothothothothot

Some like it hot, I do but then was given some HOTsauce. Tabasco is rated at about 3000-5000 Scoville units.

What I was given is Blairs Sudden Death rated at 105,000 Scoville units

and Mega Death rated at rocket blast of 550,000 Scoville units

The labels have warnings but...

I tried the Sudden Death last night. Two drops in about a 1/4 cup of catchup for the fries. No problem....wrong. It took two beers and half of the steak for me to get my breath back. I'll keep it around for the next time I make chili but maybe a drop or two for each gallon.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blair%2...ces_and_Snacks

Beer and other carbonated beverages are the worst thing to drink after a scorching... The first time I ever ate a raw jalapeño pepper, I drank about 8 beers and it burned even worse... so I drank more beer...

And jalapeño peppers only rate 2,500 - 5,000 Scoville units...
    http://www.chilliworld.com/factfile/scoville_scale.asp

My problem with hot sauce, is that the hotter it is, the more I eat of it. A lot of the time, the burn has a delay. So the faster you eat, the more flavor before the burn hits. My big weakness is Thai food. I tend to order it Thai hot. The first few bites are great. Then the sweating starts, throat starts swelling and then it's time for ice cream or a trip to the ER...

Ice cream, butter and other dairy products work pretty well as fire extinguishers.

Also... if you dice jalapeño or Serrano peppers, be sure to thoroughly wash your hands with hot soapy water before going to the bathroom, scratching your nose, rubbing your eyes or touching any other "sensitive" things.
    Watts Up With That? | The world's most viewed site on global warming and climate change.

Comment

Ha ha ha glad you made it through !
      I love the names used by Blair's for their sauce.

"Kill the death" sauce could be an idea
      That rug really tied the room together

Comment

Originally posted by sebfrench76 View Post
        Ha ha ha glad you made it through !
        I love the names used by Blair's for their sauce.

"Kill the death" sauce could be an idea
        Seb, I think you can order it on line at Amazon, but you being French aren't manly enough to try it of course..

Dave, I know about the beer not helping to cool things down but when you have a good steak in front of you drinking milk or tea just doesn't work.

Now about cutting peppers etc. We have learn from childhood to wash our hand after using the toilet. Sometimes it helps before going to the toilet.

Comment

And the fun continues the next day when it all comes out!

Comment

Originally posted by McMax View Post
            And the fun continues the next day when it all comes out!
            Nope, didn't/couldn't eat enough to get that far. Still look forward to my next batch of chili to try it out. While the sauce is hot, it still has a good taste other than just hot.

Comment

Originally posted by The Doctor View Post

Ice cream, butter and other dairy products work pretty well as fire extinguishers.
              Yup. Milk and dry bread are good for it. Learnt that from a fella I worked with from Sri Lanka. He'd eat chillies for lunch like we'd eat peanuts.
              Matthew 5:9 Blessed are the cheesemakers

That's right bitches. I'm blessed!

Comment

A spoonful or two of granulated sugar will also help clean the "hot" off one's tongue and mouth area.
                TANSTAAFL = There Ain't No Such Thing As A Free Lunch

Comment

I like munching on Jalapenos.
                  Credo quia absurdum.

Quantum mechanics describes nature as absurd from the point of view of common sense. And yet it fully agrees with experiment. So I hope you can accept nature as She is - absurd! - Richard Feynman

Comment

Beer and other carbonated beverages are the worst thing to drink after a scorching... The first time I ever ate a raw jalapeño pepper, I drank about 8 beers and it burned even worse... so I drank more beer...

And jalapeño peppers only rate 2,500 - 5,000 Scoville units...
                    http://www.chilliworld.com/factfile/scoville_scale.asp

My problem with hot sauce, is that the hotter it is, the more I eat of it. A lot of the time, the burn has a delay. So the faster you eat, the more flavor before the burn hits. My big weakness is Thai food. I tend to order it Thai hot. The first few bites are great. Then the sweating starts, throat starts swelling and then it's time for ice cream or a trip to the ER...

Also... if you dice jalapeño or Serrano peppers, be sure to thoroughly wash your hands with hot soapy water before going to the bathroom, scratching your nose, rubbing your eyes or touching any other "sensitive" things.
                    What a wimp! And you call yourself a Texan?

During a family picnic when I was twelve years old, I discovered my mutant genes. Our neighboring picnickers were from a Mexican Church Association and they were about to have a Jalapeno eating contest! I went over and asked if I could enter the contest. They agreed but warned me in that condescending tone that it was very hot and non-Mexicans are not used to it. I popped their bubble and left their arrogance in shambles. I am the Anti-Pepper! I shook the foundations of their beliefs and culture much like a little skinny Japanese guy at a Nathan's Hot Dog Eating Contest at Coney Island on the Fourth of July. I finished my plate of peppers and took no liquids as I watched the other contestants struggle and give up. The prize was a gallon jar of Jalapenos stuffed with Habaneros and marinated in some sort of hot sauce. I cracked open the jar and eat two in front of the audience. Three hundred Roman Catholic Mexicans proclaimed me "GOD". From that day forth, I embarked on my lifelong journey of eating peppers, hot sauce, and all kinds of spicy stuff..........

Let "GOD" tell you all: Hot sauce don't make butt burn like the undigested bits of pepper that do when rubbing on your sensitive orifice during their exit. Never tried it, but lubricated sensitive toilet tissue might useful for those that cry butt-burn.

Originally posted by Rojik View Post
                    Yup. Milk and dry bread are good for it. Learnt that from a fella I worked with from Sri Lanka. He'd eat chillies for lunch like we'd eat peanuts.
                    Then what is the point of eating peppers if you need countermeasures? That is like someone at a bar ordering a shot and a water back.

Originally posted by Bwaha View Post
                    I like munching on Jalapenos.
                    So do I. Cut the pointy tip of the pepper. Hold the pepper by the stem end and proceed to rub your ears all over inside and out making sure there is maximum contact between the skinless flesh of the pepper and your ear. You see now why Yoda is The Master?
                    Flag: USA / Location: West Coast

Prayers.

BoRG

http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/8757/snap1ws8.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5PtsX_Z3CMU

Comment

All hail Sal!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Salinator View Post
                        Then what is the point of eating peppers if you need countermeasures? That is like someone at a bar ordering a shot and a water back.
                        Because as much as I like them, they don't like me. Some of us are mere mortals, Sal.
                        Matthew 5:9 Blessed are the cheesemakers

That's right bitches. I'm blessed!

Comment

...yum...

One of the Spanish language teachers at my HS had a Mexican food fiesta that helped the students experience at least the food culture of our neighbor to the south. Each student was asked to prepare and bring to school a certain recipe/food/condiment used by folks of Mexican heritage. One kid brought in a bottle of hot sauce labeled "SLAPMYASSANDCALLMESALLY". I don't know just what sort of Scovill units the stuff clocked in at but when one showoff decided to ingest a teaspoonful of the stuff it took just about 30 seconds before he became red as a lobster and started sweating along with projectile vomiting. Must have been pretty good hot sauce...
                          ARRRR! International Talk Like A Pirate Day - September 19th
                          IN MARE IN COELO

Comment

I had some lamb vindaloo once. Spicy stuff. Admittedly it wasn't too bad except for one point where I had coughed and some of it got up into my sinuses.
                            A new life awaits you in the off world colonies; the chance to begin again in a golden land of opportunity and adventure!

Comment

Yoghurt works too.... a good friend gave me this step-by-step recipe for a good chili pesto:
                              1. you drive to the Market (after working hours)
                              2. you park the Car & make you way In
                              3. you proceed to the Veggies Section
                              4. You Choose, weight and Buy the F@#$ing red chilies
                              5. You go back home with a smile
                              6. you give a quick wash to the chilies & you let it dry
                              7. You take the chopping board & you unleash your anger on the innocent Chilies cutting them into pieces; you may cry, but it is part of the ritual
                              8. you throw the chopped innocent chilies into the Blender or the Mortar
                              9. you smash gently with salt to bring the whole mix into a weird fine/smooth silky mash
                              10. You add an Extra Virgin to the mash i.e Olive Oil that is, and you stir gently
                              11. Remove from the Mortar and crush walnuts or Almonds with Salt until it is a mash (volume walnut - chilies 15% to 20%)
                              12. Remove from the Mortar and crush some wild herbs, as per your taste, e.g fresh rosemary, thym, oregano, etc.... add olive oil, black pepper and salt to the mix.
                              13. Remove from the Mortar and mix the whole thing together; you must end up with a firm mash. if too watery, you made add a bit of fine corn semolina or oats
                              14. Put the whole mash in a cooking pot (stainless steel not alloy)
                              15. Let the mix rest overnight at room temperature and go to sleep or ....
                              16. When you wake up the next day, and after you finish your work, you go back home to light up the electrical cooking plate.
                              17. Put the cooker level on low temp and put the mix to warm gently.
                              18. Have a drink and a smoke and check on the mix every 7 to 10 minutes
                              19. Make sure you stir gently and repeat the operation until the whole mix is warm. this operation will allow the aromas/flavors to diffuse and also it pasteurizes the pesto. DO NOT OVERHEAT THE MIX. IT WILL GET F@#$D-UP, Seriously.
                              20. Let your mash rest and cool down while you enjoy another drink and a smoke
                              21. Once the mix is brought back at room temperature, mix properly and add some fresh olive oil.
                              22. Taste for seasoning
                              23. If all is good, make portions to freeze and some to give away to your beloved colleagues (friends nevertheless)
                              24. ENJOY

I made mine with a melange of chili: some Anaheim mild and Fresno.... the bulk medium heat, some Serrano Mexican and few Scotch bonnets....
                              The balance worked...
                              Per Ardua ad Astra

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X