Smoked Real Cuban Cigar 1st Time in My Life

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Smoked Real Cuban Cigar 1st Time in My Life

I was on vacation in the Caribbean. It was a Romeo & Julieta cigar and I paid $27 for just 1 cigar!

If we live in USA and we can't get Cubans because of the embargo, what can we get as a substitute that has comparable quality??

"Artillery adds dignity to what would otherwise be a ugly brawl."
    --Frederick II, King of Prussia

Doesn't Honduras put out a good product in cigars?

Pruitt
    Pruitt, you are truly an expert! Kelt06

Have you been struck by the jawbone of an ASS lately?

by Khepesh "This is the logic of Pruitt"

Comment

Everyone I've heard from about cigars says that Dominicans are the best better than overrated Cubans.

Comment

Dominicans are also good at rolling crepes.
        “When you're in jail, a good friend will be trying to bail you out. A best friend will be in the cell next to you saying, 'Damn, that was fun'.”
        ― Groucho Marx

Comment

Personally I like the cheap nasty ones.
          We hunt the hunters

Comment

Originally posted by Pruitt View Post
            Doesn't Honduras put out a good product in cigars?

Pruitt
            Dominican Republic as well. IMO better than Cuban. They have been over priced while they are the forbidden fruit not that their that much better.
            "Ask not what your country can do for you"

Left wing, Right Wing same bird that they are killing.

you’re entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts.

Comment

I smoked some of these little beauties.

Real pleasure until i felt a kindda seasick
              That rug really tied the room together

Comment

Originally posted by sebfrench76 View Post

Seb, your supposed to smoke them not chew on them and one is enough. But then you French guys can't get enough oral pleasure.
                "Ask not what your country can do for you"

Left wing, Right Wing same bird that they are killing.

you’re entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts.

Comment

Hahahaha,very good John.
                  It's been a while since you 've been in France back,but you didn't forget all what you learned there in the 60's..
                  That rug really tied the room together

Comment

I've had a few Cubans and found them to be over-priced and over-rated. Most of the top producers left Cuba when Castro took over and took their knowledge, as well as their seeds, to other countries.
                    If there are no dogs in Heaven, then I want to go where they went when they died-Will Rogers

Comment

I think the H. Upmann's from the Dominican Republic are as good or better than any Cuban cigar. H. Upmann was a Cuban company that fled when Castro came to power. They are Cuban seed, grown in the same soil and conditions and the quality is better.

Comment

Puros

Cuban cigars are not the apex that many folks believe them to be. That being said, they're not bad either. One of my most memorable smokes was a Habana Montecristo #2. The Cuban cigar industry was nationalized by the Castro regime along with most other privately held industries when the island went communist in the late '50s. There is still, however, a pride in manufacture along with a pride in country, brand, ingredients, construction and distribution of Cuban cigars.
                        In my opinion the mere fact that they are contraband here in the US give them a sort of mystical cachet that they probably don't deserve. This tends to make them overpriced in the places where they are available. Add to that the fact that the Cuban cigar industry commands and gets a good price for their wares gives one the impression that they may not be worth the cost.
                        And it is certainly true that several other Caribbean countries have, as their exports, wonderful cigars. The Dominican Republic, Nicaragua, Panama, Mexico, and especially Honduras have all developed tobacco industries that put them along with Cuba at the top of the cigar heap.
                        There is a myriad of different styles, blends, strengths, lengths, ring sizes, ages and colors available to the avid cigar smoker. What one prefers is a personal choice. So...smoke 'em if ya got 'em and enjoy the experience.
                        ARRRR! International Talk Like A Pirate Day - September 19th
                        IN MARE IN COELO

Comment

If you got sick, you may have smoked a fake one. Real Cuban cigars have a creamy spicy aftertaste.
                          Selling fake cigars to tourists is a national sport in Cuba.

The only place to get authentic Cuban cigars is from a Cuban government sanctioned Habanos store and stores at the airport.
                          If you are buying a box of them, insist on a box where all seals are intact. Then you can authenticate it on this site: www.habanos.com
                          Select “Authenticity Check” on the top center of the home page. You can enter the barcode number and learn if your box is authentic.
                          If you bought an open unsealed box of cigars, it will be hard to authenticate.
                          "Stand for the flag ~ Kneel for the fallen"

"A wise man can learn more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer." ~ Bruce Lee

Comment

Originally posted by MonsterZero View Post
                            I was on vacation in the Caribbean. It was a Romeo & Julieta cigar and I paid $27 for just 1 cigar!

If we live in USA and we can't get Cubans because of the embargo, what can we get as a substitute that has comparable quality??

Those are Dominican.
                            My worst jump story:
                            My 13th jump was on the 13th day of the month, aircraft number 013.
                            As recorded on my DA Form 1307 Individual Jump Log.
                            No lie.

~
                            "Everything looks all right. Have a good jump, eh."
                            -2 Commando Jumpmaster

Comment

You probably hadn't smoked one for awhile or just weren't use to smoking. They can be over powering, best to smoke a smaller cigar than a Churchill when starting out.
                              My worst jump story:
                              My 13th jump was on the 13th day of the month, aircraft number 013.
                              As recorded on my DA Form 1307 Individual Jump Log.
                              No lie.

~
                              "Everything looks all right. Have a good jump, eh."
                              -2 Commando Jumpmaster

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X