Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• For dinner we had.............

Hi

Saute Chicken Livers with a medley of Mushroom Risotto with a crispy Kale side
    Yummy in my tummy

Followed by a glass of 20yr old vintage Port but no cigar

Regards

Andy H
    "You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life." Churchill

"I'm no reactionary.Christ on the Mountain! I'm as idealistic as Hell" Eisenhower

Originally posted by Andy H View Post
    Hi

Yummy in my tummy

Regards

Andy H
    Have you turned into a Californian?
    medley of Mushroom Risotto
    Just hearing that stupid word in reference to just about anything makes me what to, what to...............
    why not just buy a nice steak with some beer and JD. Maybe some Mail Pouch to wash it down. Now you is talking Yummy
    "Ask not what your country can do for you"

Left wing, Right Wing same bird that they are killing.

you’re entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts.

Comment

Hi

Yummy in my tummy

Regards

Andy H
      Have you turned into a Californian?
      medley of Mushroom Risotto
      Just hearing that stupid word in reference to just about anything makes me what to, what to............... And what is this Risotto Shhhit, it's just plain old rice with a dago name. Still rice.
      why not just buy a nice steak with some beer and JD. Maybe some Mail Pouch to wash it down. Now yu is talking Yummy
      "Ask not what your country can do for you"

Left wing, Right Wing same bird that they are killing.

you’re entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts.

Comment

Hi John

I never took you for a food philistine!
        Only joking, nothing wrong with a nice steak and a beer, but would prefer a large slow cooked Lamb Shank!

Andy H
        "You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life." Churchill

"I'm no reactionary.Christ on the Mountain! I'm as idealistic as Hell" Eisenhower

Comment

Beef soap, baguette, and potato pancakes.

Comment

Originally posted by Nichols View Post
            Beef soap, baguette, and potato pancakes.
            Hi Paul

Should that read Soup, or is Beef Soap a culinary delight that's passed me bye?

Regards

Andy H

Comment

Hi Paul

Regards

Andy H
              Hi Andy,

It is a Czech traditional soup. They take the slab of beef, trim all of the fat and soak the meat in brine for 96 hours. The trimmed fat is seared and then soaked in Becherovka for 36 hours and 23 minutes. When it is time to make the soup, the ingredients are combined with the vegetables. The broth looks like bubbling soap.......so there you have it...beef soap

No idea why I typed soap instead of soup, lucky for me my wife doesn't read the forum.....

Comment

Beef soap:

Comment

Hi Paul

Regards

Andy H
                  Sal to the rescue!

There is such a thing as Beef Soap! Just not recommended for eating but rather for cleaning.

Soap is made from oils and fats that range from vegetable oil to animal tallow and sometimes even lard. The most common animal tallow used is Beef. Although animal tallow is great for moisturizing the skin and providing a smooth lather, there is a myth repeated over and over again by Vegans and the vegetable oil industry that animal fats in soap clogs poors, irritate the skin and etc. As a result of consumer misperception, large cosmetic companies tend to hide the beef.
                  Flag: USA / Location: West Coast

Prayers.

BoRG

http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/8757/snap1ws8.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5PtsX_Z3CMU

Comment

Hi

Yummy in my tummy

Regards

Andy H
                    Livers? Really? Do people actually eat that stuff?
                    Matthew 5:9 Blessed are the cheesemakers

That's right bitches. I'm blessed!

Comment

Originally posted by Rojik View Post
                      Chicken and beef are sold commercially. Grouse and other upland birds, deer, elk, can be a treat, not to mention the hearts.
                      My Avatar: Ivan W. Henderson Gunner/navigator B-25-26. 117 combat missions. Both Theaters. 11 confirmed kills. DSC.

Comment

Originally posted by Rojik View Post
                        Only the rich and famous can afford such decadence. Countless dozens of chickens had to be de-livered just for the satisfaction of a single luxurious meal just for one person.

He knows no bounds and limits. It sickens me. Even a entire Medley of Mushrooms. Infinite varieties of mushrooms were also exploited, and again just for the pleasure of one man!
                        Flag: USA / Location: West Coast

Prayers.

BoRG

http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/8757/snap1ws8.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5PtsX_Z3CMU

Comment

Originally posted by holly6 View Post
                          Chicken and beef are sold commercially.
                          I get that. I used to buy chicken livers for my cat. I just don't understand why a human would want to eat it. Or pumpkin. What the hell is the go with that? Raw sewerage would probably taste better.

Originally posted by Salinator View Post
                          Only the rich and famous can afford such decadence. Countless dozens of chickens had to be de-livered just for the satisfaction of a single luxurious meal just for one person.

He knows no bounds and limits. It sickens me. Even a entire Medley of Mushrooms. Infinite varieties of mushrooms were also exploited, and again just for the pleasure of one man!
                          With ya there Sal. He really should be on some sort of watch list.
                          Matthew 5:9 Blessed are the cheesemakers

That's right bitches. I'm blessed!

Comment

Originally posted by Salinator View Post

Jeez Sal, I'm now part of the rich and famous? For a bit of my life, childhood and maturity, I have raised what we now call "free range chickens". As a child we sold the eggs in Spokane to people that enjoyed the "darker" taste. However we butchered the birds, we always kept the "sweetmeats". Mom made some great meals from them.
                            My Avatar: Ivan W. Henderson Gunner/navigator B-25-26. 117 combat missions. Both Theaters. 11 confirmed kills. DSC.

Comment

Chicken livers are delicious.
                              We use them in the most gorgeous patés and terrines that the world has ever tasted.
                              That rug really tied the room together

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X