How to Tenderize Cheap Steaks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to Tenderize Cheap Steaks

Grilled my steaks for guests on electric plate grill yesterday but they came out very tough. Embarrassing. I'm still an amateur steak cook. The cuts I used yesterday were less expensive.

Any good marinade recipes or other means of tenderizing steaks that works for you?

"Artillery adds dignity to what would otherwise be a ugly brawl."
    --Frederick II, King of Prussia

Ziploc, bottle of zesty Italian dressing, overnight.
    Hyperwar: World War II on the World Wide Web
    Hyperwar, Whats New
    World War II Resources
    The best place in the world to "work".

Comment

Originally posted by OpanaPointer View Post
      If that works then it's awesome because I won't need seven ingredients just to make the marinade...I will give it a try. Do you pound them with a mallet beforehand?

Comment

Put the meat in the freezer for a 1/2 hr and then forcefully apply the mallet.

Comment

Originally posted by OpanaPointer View Post
          yep that works good

“Unthinking respect for authority is the greatest enemy of truth.” -- Albert Einstein

The US Constitution doesn't need to be rewritten it needs to be reread

Comment

'Beat the Meat'
            SPORTS FREAK/ PANZERBLITZ COMMANDER/ CC2 COMMANDER

Comment

Can I add a teaspoon of meat tenderizer powder to the zesty Italian marinade to make it more effective?

Comment

Stop using an electric grill plate, first of all. That's a crime against Mankind.

Marinate six hours in 1 part soy sauce, 2 parts hickory smoke with spices to taste, then use a flame grill like real men do.
                Any man can hold his place when the bands play and women throw flowers; it is when the enemy presses close and metal shears through the ranks that one can acertain which are soldiers, and which are not.

Comment

Originally posted by Arnold J Rimmer View Post
                  Stop using an electric grill plate, first of all. That's a crime against Mankind.

Marinate six hours in 1 part soy sauce, 2 parts hickory smoke with spices to taste, then use a flame grill like real men do.
                  It's too cold outside.

Comment

Originally posted by MonsterZero View Post
                    Can I add a teaspoon of meat tenderizer powder to the zesty Italian marinade to make it more effective?

sure you can add spices if you wish to

“Unthinking respect for authority is the greatest enemy of truth.” -- Albert Einstein

Comment

There is the old fashioned way...

Wrap them in tin foil, then a towel and use one of these on them for a bit...

Of course, you could buy the cook's version...

Comment

Originally posted by slick24 View Post
                        sure you can add spices if you wish to
                        Food tenderizer is not a spice since it's a completely tasteless powder. It contains enzymes that break down collagen in meat, softening the cut.

Comment

It's too cold outside.
                          The quest for a real steak swiftly separates the men from the boys....
                          Any man can hold his place when the bands play and women throw flowers; it is when the enemy presses close and metal shears through the ranks that one can acertain which are soldiers, and which are not.

Comment

Definitely pound your meat first.

Then wash your hands and use that tenderizing hammer before you bag the meat in the marinade. You can use oil, vinegar and whatever spices you wish, like your favorite rub.
                            Hyperwar: World War II on the World Wide Web
                            Hyperwar, Whats New
                            World War II Resources
                            The best place in the world to "work".

Comment

Food tenderizer is not a spice since it's a completely tasteless powder. It contains enzymes that break down collagen in meat, softening the cut.
                              yeah I know but I was trying to say you can also add spices if ya want along with the tenderizer

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X