Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bwaha
    replied
    I'm allergic to iodine so I stay away from shrimp. That bottom feeding crap sucks anyway.

Leave a comment:

• sebfrench76
    replied
    Originally posted by Cosmos View Post
    En français subfrench = sous-français. Mais Seb est sur-français.

In French subfrench = under-French. But Seb is super-French. (super = on top)
    I keep this one ..Wich is more adequate with my huge ego..
    Thanks Cosmos !

Leave a comment:

• Cosmos
    replied
    Originally posted by sebfrench76 View Post
    "subfrench" ...
    Very kind of you.!
    En français subfrench = sous-français. Mais Seb est sur-français.

In French subfrench = under-French. But Seb is super-French. (super = on top)

Leave a comment:

• sebfrench76
    replied
    Originally posted by JBark View Post
    Some salmon/cream cheese combo is high on my list or I might go with the canapes subfrench mentioned. Unfortunately my wife would eat them all before we got there .
    "subfrench" ...
    Very kind of you.!

Leave a comment:

• JBark
    replied
    Originally posted by Nick the Noodle View Post
    Home made salmon mouse and pitta bread cut into strips.

At its most basic, perhaps you might want to consider cream cheese and fresh salmon and dill and lemon juice blitzed. Seasoning to taste but some type of chili would not be usually remiss, depending on personal inclinations of course. This is one rare dish I would not use garlic in.

Serve with Pitta bread toasted and cut into strips using scissors.
    I did chili a few years ago and it went well but I don't like to repeat. You don't use garlic in chili? Do I understand correctly? I use garlic in just about everything so I definitely put it in my chili.

Can I assume "blitz" in the kitchen means putting it in the food processor? Some salmon/cream cheese combo is high on my list or I might go with the canapes subfrench mentioned. Unfortunately my wife would eat them all before we got there .

Leave a comment:

• Nick the Noodle
    replied
    Each year I go to a New Years Eve party at our close friend's house and many people bring food. I would like to bring an apppetizer this year so I am asking for suggestions. Something cold and exciting but easy to make as my schedule is tight and I won't have much prep time.
    Suggestions?
    Thanks.
    Home made salmon mouse and pitta bread cut into strips.

At its most basic, perhaps you might want to consider cream cheese and fresh salmon and dill and lemon juice blitzed. Seasoning to taste but some type of chili would not be usually remiss, depending on personal inclinations of course. This is one rare dish I would not use garlic in.

Serve with Pitta bread toasted and cut into strips using scissors.

Leave a comment:

• Half Pint John
    replied
    I should have mentioned that I make what I bring to parties. Thanks for the replies.

Sebfrench-Next time I'm in France I'm staying with you so you can feed me for two weeks.
    Nothing mentioned youn have to make or can make youself. It's not a main course, just things to get the taste buds active. That is a thing I like about the shrimp, they taste great but not filling.

Leave a comment:

• Cosmos
    replied
    Really, why would you go for anything complicated when you can probably impress people just as well with something cheap but tasty?

I believe in the US you have appetizers known as pigs in a blanket. Make them tastier by the addition of onion salt. Make a batch with powdered ginger (instead of the onion powder) added for the people who are a fussy eaters.

A few variations.

In Australia we have something similar called a sausage roll. Here's a good example.

Leave a comment:

• dgfred
    replied
    I really like stuffed mushrooms (with crabmeat) for an appetizer.

Leave a comment:

• JBark
    replied
    I should have mentioned that I make what I bring to parties. Thanks for the replies.

Sebfrench-Next time I'm in France I'm staying with you so you can feed me for two weeks.

Leave a comment:

• dgfred
    replied
    Originally posted by Half Pint John View Post
    Yum

Can't beat that with a big, long stick .

@ Seb... don't give me no anus dip .

Leave a comment:

• Bwaha
    replied
    Bacon wrapped dates. Easy to make and oh so tasty. If you stuff them with blue cheese expect a stampede...

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/b...ped-dates.html

Leave a comment:

• sebfrench76
    replied
    This is your idea of a New Year 's apetizers suggestion?
    A meal worthy of a summer bbq in Louisiana
    (seriously,makes me feel hungry,the shrimps are so gorgeous!)

Leave a comment:

• Jose50
    replied
    "A white sport coat...and a pink..crustacean.."

Yeah, if you want to make an impression go with what Half Pint suggests. Nothing says holiday cheer like a huge plate of chilled, dead crustaceans complimented with a horseradish/tabasco sauce. Be sure to get the large size though. Something on the order of 16-20 to the pound. That will ensure that each shrimp will require more than one bite. Do discourage double dipping whenever possible...
    Here in the states you can buy a shrimp ring, already arranged with sauce in the center, for about $10-15. Merry Holidays!

Leave a comment:

• Half Pint John
    replied

Leave a comment:

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
X