• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cosmos
    replied
    Originally posted by sebfrench76 View Post
    french onion dip?????

Here,in french slang,onion means anus...

So dipping someting in it is a bit weird,dontya think?
    Sounds disgusting to me.
    (?? il me semble dégoutant! ??)

Leave a comment:

• sebfrench76
    replied
    french onion dip?????

Here,in french slang,onion means anus...

So dipping someting in it is a bit weird,dontya think?

Leave a comment:

• Cosmos
    replied
    Pictures only but it's a very easy idea.

Leave a comment:

• sebfrench76
    replied
    Ok.
    Simple but efficient.
    You need Foie gras if possible(a can of 4 onces is enough).Duck liver paté works well too.
    Bread for toasts
    Black cherry marmelade(or basic cherry)

You use a glass,diameter 2 inches,to make round canapés in the slices of bread ( or use canapés bread),so the tallest slices you get,the more rounds you get..
    You work with a foie gras,at room temperature.You have to gently spread the foie gras on the bread,not like butter,but rather like a slice put on the bread.You have to get some nice looking thickness.
    With a tea spoon,put some marmelade on the half of the foie gras portion,in order to keep the other half for some crushed pepper mill,and a pinch of sea salt.

If you have 10 minutes free,you can cooked chopped onion in sugar and vinegar,in order to confite it a bit.Then you can add some onion on the foie gras.

The idea is to create a salty/sweety taste .
    This is a canapé i use on special occasion.
    Californian white wine taste good with this.

I also prepare "easy to make" smoked salmon rolls.
    Take 2.5 onces of thick sour cream.Add some dill,pepper,a very small pinch of salt,lemon juice,finly chopped shallot,and a extremely light pinch of curry powder(or paste)
    Mix gently with a spoon (no blender).
    Use nice and big smoked salmon slices.The idea is to spread the cream on the slice,then to roll it delicately and to chill the slices 10 minutes in the freezer .
    You take your sharpest knife (or a kind of razor blade,better),and you slice the roll in portions of 1.5 centimeter (thinner is a bit hard)
    Pick a tooth pick in each .You can also pick before a caper then pick it in the roll.
    Last edited by sebfrench76; 17 Dec 14, 04:16.

Leave a comment:

• sebfrench76
    replied
    Would reply to you once at work...

Leave a comment:

• JBark
    started a topic Appetizers

Appetizers

Each year I go to a New Years Eve party at our close friend's house and many people bring food. I would like to bring an apppetizer this year so I am asking for suggestions. Something cold and exciting but easy to make as my schedule is tight and I won't have much prep time.
    Suggestions?
    Thanks.

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
X