Appetizers

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JBark View Post
    Each year I go to a New Years Eve party at our close friend's house and many people bring food. I would like to bring an apppetizer this year so I am asking for suggestions. Something cold and exciting but easy to make as my schedule is tight and I won't have much prep time.
    Suggestions?
    Thanks.
    Home made salmon mouse and pitta bread cut into strips.

At its most basic, perhaps you might want to consider cream cheese and fresh salmon and dill and lemon juice blitzed. Seasoning to taste but some type of chili would not be usually remiss, depending on personal inclinations of course. This is one rare dish I would not use garlic in.

Serve with Pitta bread toasted and cut into strips using scissors.
    How to Talk to a Climate Skeptic: http://grist.org/series/skeptics/
    Global Warming & Climate Change Myths: https://www.skepticalscience.com/argument.php

Comment

Originally posted by Nick the Noodle View Post
      Home made salmon mouse and pitta bread cut into strips.

At its most basic, perhaps you might want to consider cream cheese and fresh salmon and dill and lemon juice blitzed. Seasoning to taste but some type of chili would not be usually remiss, depending on personal inclinations of course. This is one rare dish I would not use garlic in.

Serve with Pitta bread toasted and cut into strips using scissors.
      I did chili a few years ago and it went well but I don't like to repeat. You don't use garlic in chili? Do I understand correctly? I use garlic in just about everything so I definitely put it in my chili.

Can I assume "blitz" in the kitchen means putting it in the food processor? Some salmon/cream cheese combo is high on my list or I might go with the canapes subfrench mentioned. Unfortunately my wife would eat them all before we got there .
      John

Play La Marseillaise. Play it!

Comment

Originally posted by JBark View Post
        Some salmon/cream cheese combo is high on my list or I might go with the canapes subfrench mentioned. Unfortunately my wife would eat them all before we got there .
        "subfrench" ...
        Very kind of you.!
        That rug really tied the room together

Comment

Originally posted by sebfrench76 View Post
          "subfrench" ...
          Very kind of you.!
          En français subfrench = sous-français. Mais Seb est sur-français.

In French subfrench = under-French. But Seb is super-French. (super = on top)
          The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants. Thomas Jefferson.

Comment

Originally posted by Cosmos View Post
            En français subfrench = sous-français. Mais Seb est sur-français.

In French subfrench = under-French. But Seb is super-French. (super = on top)
            I keep this one ..Wich is more adequate with my huge ego..
            Thanks Cosmos !
            That rug really tied the room together

Comment

I'm allergic to iodine so I stay away from shrimp. That bottom feeding crap sucks anyway.
              Credo quia absurdum.

Quantum mechanics describes nature as absurd from the point of view of common sense. And yet it fully agrees with experiment. So I hope you can accept nature as She is - absurd! - Richard Feynman

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
              X