Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 101combatvet
    replied
    When in Cali there is only one place to eat meat. The Harris Ranch Restaurant just rules.

Leave a comment:

• Nick the Noodle
    replied
    Originally posted by Slim View Post

Richard is correct. The North American Moose has a relative in the Scandinavian countries and Russia that is/was referred to as an Elk but is completely different from the North American Elk.
    The Asiatic and European Red deer meanwhile is a smaller but close relative of the North American Elk.

It is just a matter of confused terminology.
    Originally posted by Half Pint John View Post

Hirsche in German. Elk, Some differences but not a Moose

http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hirsche
    Sure it was not a Gnu?

Leave a comment:

• Cosmos
    replied
    Is that a puddle of catchup in the middle of the pie?
    Yes.

Leave a comment:

• Half Pint John
    replied
    Is that a puddle of catchup in the middle of the pie?

Leave a comment:

• Cosmos
    replied
    I have a weakness for chicken fajitas and cream cheese wrapped in a tortilla.

Also Australia's famous meat pies.

Not quite meat but still a great dish barramundi and chips.

Leave a comment:

• Slim
    replied

Hi John,

Richard is correct. The North American Moose has a relative in the Scandinavian countries and Russia that is/was referred to as an Elk but is completely different from the North American Elk.
    The Asiatic and European Red deer meanwhile is a smaller but close relative of the North American Elk.

It is just a matter of confused terminology.

Leave a comment:

• Jose50
    replied
    ...a Lion was a guy...

Back in Massachusetts, when I was growing up, a moose was a guy who drank a lot and belonged to a fraternal organization. An elk was a guy who drank a lot and belonged to a different fraternal organization.

Leave a comment:

• Half Pint John
    replied
    Originally posted by Pruitt View Post
    Keep in mind what they call an Elk in Northern Europe is called a Moose here. An Elk (Wapiti) is similar to the Red Deer.

Pruitt

Leave a comment:

• Slug
    replied
    Originally posted by Salinator View Post

......unless something really really really stupid do try to eat it.

I love cheese whiz.
    You just squirt it into your oral cavity, and consume.
    For dessert, I use whip cream from a can.

Leave a comment:

• Bwaha
    replied
    You have to try this...

Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.

Slice the dates lengthwise three-quarters of the way down. In a small bowl, press the cream into the blue cheese with a fork. Press a small scoop of the blue cheese into the center of the dates and close them back up. Cut each piece of bacon in half. Wrap each halved bacon strip around a date. Secure with a toothpick.

Place the bacon-wrapped dates on a baking sheet. Bake until the bacon is crisp, 15 to 20 minutes.

Read more at: http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/b...ml?oc=linkback

Seriously. Nom, nom...

Leave a comment:

• JBark
    replied
    What kind of degenerate brings Boursin and Brie on a camping trip? You sound like the type that also brings marshmallows, hummus, powdered sugar, organic berries, melon balls, and a freaking blow-dryer for camping.

Besides for your survival knife (complete with compass, fishing line/hook, and cable saw........sadly modern day kits also include waterproof matches and a sewing kit for wimps) all you need is a canteen and a squeeze bottle of Cheese Whiz.

The Cheese Whiz is not for you to eat.......your knife and fishing line takes care of that. The Cheese Whiz is not for fishing or hunting bait........no animal, bird, insect, or fish will be stupid enough to eat Cheese Whiz.

The Cheese Whiz is your last resort to write an SOS or a final message to your love ones. It will not be eaten by anything, it is impervious to weather conditions, will never biodegrade, and is non-toxic to the natural environment.......unless something really really really stupid do try to eat it.

Never been to Philly?

Leave a comment:

• sebfrench76
    replied
    What kind of degenerate brings Boursin and Brie on a camping trip? You sound like the type that also brings marshmallows, hummus, powdered sugar, organic berries, melon balls, and a freaking blow-dryer for camping.

Besides for your survival knife (complete with compass, fishing line/hook, and cable saw........sadly modern day kits also include waterproof matches and a sewing kit for wimps) all you need is a canteen and a squeeze bottle of Cheese Whiz.

The Cheese Whiz is not for you to eat.......your knife and fishing line takes care of that. The Cheese Whiz is not for fishing or hunting bait........no animal, bird, insect, or fish will be stupid enough to eat Cheese Whiz.

The Cheese Whiz is your last resort to write an SOS or a final message to your love ones. It will not be eaten by anything, it is impervious to weather conditions, will never biodegrade, and is non-toxic to the natural environment.......unless something really really really stupid do try to eat it.

HA HA HA HA!!!!!
    Did you falled in your stair recently Sal??

Leave a comment:

• Salinator
    replied
    Originally posted by JBark View Post
    I was on a camping trip and had brought some Boursin cheese and absolutely loved it. Some friends used the brie I brought. All good...even better with sauteed onions. I think bacon would be great but I'm not looking to kill my self in one meal.

Leave a comment:

• JBark
    replied
    I was on a camping trip and had brought some Boursin cheese and absolutely loved it. Some friends used the brie I brought. All good...even better with sauteed onions. I think bacon would be great but I'm not looking to kill my self in one meal.

Leave a comment:

• slick24
    replied
    venison marinaded in italian dressing overnight, then cut into bite-size chunks and breaded and fried.
    ribeye steak grilled

Leave a comment:

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
X