Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pruitt
    replied
    Keep in mind what they call an Elk in Northern Europe is called a Moose here. An Elk (Wapiti) is similar to the Red Deer.

Pruitt

Leave a comment:

• sebfrench76
    replied
    Originally posted by Slim View Post

I do not understand. Can you be a little more specific. What has ease of pasting and copying in France got to do with a dish one likes here in the U.S ?

Do you mean that the French have invented a device whereby you can take any dish you like and make an exact replica by using the copy paste device ? I know the French are well known for their culinary skills but a device like that would certainly beat any cooking method. Are you trying to sell me something like that?
    Nooooo!
    It was a joke because we have no elks in France
    Your recipe had a taste of exotism that i enjoyed but i won't be able to copy it here...

Leave a comment:

• Slim
    replied
    Originally posted by sebfrench76 View Post
    Hahaha!
    Easy to paste and copy in France!!

I do not understand. Can you be a little more specific. What has ease of pasting and copying in France got to do with a dish one likes here in the U.S ?

Do you mean that the French have invented a device whereby you can take any dish you like and make an exact replica by using the copy paste device ? I know the French are well known for their culinary skills but a device like that would certainly beat any cooking method. Are you trying to sell me something like that?
    Last edited by Slim; 23 Nov 14, 11:40.

Leave a comment:

• sebfrench76
    replied
    Originally posted by Slim View Post
    I like elk strips breaded marinaded and fried in bacon grease and green onions.
    Hahaha!
    Easy to paste and copy in France!!

Leave a comment:

• Pruitt
    replied
    Some of my favorites are:
    Hamburger
    Eggs
    Spam
    Bacon
    Ham
    Round Steak
    Sirloin

Pruitt

Leave a comment:

• 101combatvet
    replied
    Don't eat these too often but when I do I go to Red Robin.

Leave a comment:

• Slim
    replied
    I like elk strips breaded marinaded and fried in bacon grease and green onions.

Leave a comment:

• Bwaha
    replied
    Home made Tacos, Enchiladas, Hamburgers, Roast beef on cracked wheat bread. No on hotdogs. No on processed meats period. Though some are pretty good, I just shudder at thought of eating pink slime or other nasty additives...
    Last edited by Bwaha; 22 Nov 14, 20:37.

Leave a comment:

• Nick the Noodle
    started a topic Bread and Meat.

Bread and Meat.

Most of us love a Hamburger now and again. Same goes with a Hot Dog. May be a Kebab because you want that spice. Tortillas are another obvious option. There are a lot of different varieties of carbs and protein.

What are your fav's.

In my case, if the meat is good, you are on to a winner. This means having a decent butcher.

Second, I want decent seasoning. It doesn't have to be on the main meat itself if it is a decent cut. When it comes to saltiness I like some bacon.

I also like dairy of some sort. Cheese is great. Perhaps mayo or even egg.

You also need some freshness in my personal opinion. Tomato or green bell pepper works in this case.

Then I want spice. This tends to be a variation on chili.
    I can't comment on bread since I can't eat wheat.

Kebab, Hot Dog, Hamburger, Tortilla? What's your combo?

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
X