Bread and Meat.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bread and Meat.

Most of us love a Hamburger now and again. Same goes with a Hot Dog. May be a Kebab because you want that spice. Tortillas are another obvious option. There are a lot of different varieties of carbs and protein.

What are your fav's.

In my case, if the meat is good, you are on to a winner. This means having a decent butcher.

Second, I want decent seasoning. It doesn't have to be on the main meat itself if it is a decent cut. When it comes to saltiness I like some bacon.

I also like dairy of some sort. Cheese is great. Perhaps mayo or even egg.

You also need some freshness in my personal opinion. Tomato or green bell pepper works in this case.

Then I want spice. This tends to be a variation on chili.
    I can't comment on bread since I can't eat wheat.

Kebab, Hot Dog, Hamburger, Tortilla? What's your combo?
    How to Talk to a Climate Skeptic: http://grist.org/series/skeptics/
    Global Warming & Climate Change Myths: https://www.skepticalscience.com/argument.php

Home made Tacos, Enchiladas, Hamburgers, Roast beef on cracked wheat bread. No on hotdogs. No on processed meats period. Though some are pretty good, I just shudder at thought of eating pink slime or other nasty additives...
    Last edited by Bwaha; 22 Nov 14, 21:37.
    Credo quia absurdum.

Quantum mechanics describes nature as absurd from the point of view of common sense. And yet it fully agrees with experiment. So I hope you can accept nature as She is - absurd! - Richard Feynman

Comment

I like elk strips breaded marinaded and fried in bacon grease and green onions.

Comment

Don't eat these too often but when I do I go to Red Robin.

My worst jump story:
        My 13th jump was on the 13th day of the month, aircraft number 013.
        As recorded on my DA Form 1307 Individual Jump Log.
        No lie.

~
        "Everything looks all right. Have a good jump, eh."
        -2 Commando Jumpmaster

Comment

Some of my favorites are:
          Hamburger
          Eggs
          Spam
          Bacon
          Ham
          Round Steak
          Sirloin

Pruitt
          Pruitt, you are truly an expert! Kelt06

Have you been struck by the jawbone of an ASS lately?

by Khepesh "This is the logic of Pruitt"

Comment

Originally posted by Slim View Post
            I like elk strips breaded marinaded and fried in bacon grease and green onions.
            Hahaha!
            Easy to paste and copy in France!!
            That rug really tied the room together

Comment

Originally posted by sebfrench76 View Post
              Hahaha!
              Easy to paste and copy in France!!

I do not understand. Can you be a little more specific. What has ease of pasting and copying in France got to do with a dish one likes here in the U.S ?

Do you mean that the French have invented a device whereby you can take any dish you like and make an exact replica by using the copy paste device ? I know the French are well known for their culinary skills but a device like that would certainly beat any cooking method. Are you trying to sell me something like that?
              Last edited by Slim; 23 Nov 14, 12:40.

Comment

Originally posted by Slim View Post

I do not understand. Can you be a little more specific. What has ease of pasting and copying in France got to do with a dish one likes here in the U.S ?

Do you mean that the French have invented a device whereby you can take any dish you like and make an exact replica by using the copy paste device ? I know the French are well known for their culinary skills but a device like that would certainly beat any cooking method. Are you trying to sell me something like that?
                Nooooo!
                It was a joke because we have no elks in France
                Your recipe had a taste of exotism that i enjoyed but i won't be able to copy it here...

Comment

Keep in mind what they call an Elk in Northern Europe is called a Moose here. An Elk (Wapiti) is similar to the Red Deer.

Pruitt
                  Pruitt, you are truly an expert! Kelt06

Have you been struck by the jawbone of an ASS lately?

by Khepesh "This is the logic of Pruitt"

Comment

venison marinaded in italian dressing overnight, then cut into bite-size chunks and breaded and fried.
                    ribeye steak grilled

“Unthinking respect for authority is the greatest enemy of truth.” -- Albert Einstein

The US Constitution doesn't need to be rewritten it needs to be reread

Comment

I was on a camping trip and had brought some Boursin cheese and absolutely loved it. Some friends used the brie I brought. All good...even better with sauteed onions. I think bacon would be great but I'm not looking to kill my self in one meal.
                      John

Play La Marseillaise. Play it!

Comment

Originally posted by JBark View Post
                        I was on a camping trip and had brought some Boursin cheese and absolutely loved it. Some friends used the brie I brought. All good...even better with sauteed onions. I think bacon would be great but I'm not looking to kill my self in one meal.
                        What kind of degenerate brings Boursin and Brie on a camping trip? You sound like the type that also brings marshmallows, hummus, powdered sugar, organic berries, melon balls, and a freaking blow-dryer for camping.

Besides for your survival knife (complete with compass, fishing line/hook, and cable saw........sadly modern day kits also include waterproof matches and a sewing kit for wimps) all you need is a canteen and a squeeze bottle of Cheese Whiz.

The Cheese Whiz is not for you to eat.......your knife and fishing line takes care of that. The Cheese Whiz is not for fishing or hunting bait........no animal, bird, insect, or fish will be stupid enough to eat Cheese Whiz.

The Cheese Whiz is your last resort to write an SOS or a final message to your love ones. It will not be eaten by anything, it is impervious to weather conditions, will never biodegrade, and is non-toxic to the natural environment.......unless something really really really stupid do try to eat it.

Flag: USA / Location: West Coast

Prayers.

BoRG

http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/8757/snap1ws8.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5PtsX_Z3CMU

Comment

Originally posted by Salinator View Post
                          What kind of degenerate brings Boursin and Brie on a camping trip? You sound like the type that also brings marshmallows, hummus, powdered sugar, organic berries, melon balls, and a freaking blow-dryer for camping.

Besides for your survival knife (complete with compass, fishing line/hook, and cable saw........sadly modern day kits also include waterproof matches and a sewing kit for wimps) all you need is a canteen and a squeeze bottle of Cheese Whiz.

The Cheese Whiz is not for you to eat.......your knife and fishing line takes care of that. The Cheese Whiz is not for fishing or hunting bait........no animal, bird, insect, or fish will be stupid enough to eat Cheese Whiz.

The Cheese Whiz is your last resort to write an SOS or a final message to your love ones. It will not be eaten by anything, it is impervious to weather conditions, will never biodegrade, and is non-toxic to the natural environment.......unless something really really really stupid do try to eat it.

HA HA HA HA!!!!!
                          Did you falled in your stair recently Sal??

Comment

Originally posted by Salinator View Post

Never been to Philly?
                            John

Play La Marseillaise. Play it!

Comment

You have to try this...

Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.

Slice the dates lengthwise three-quarters of the way down. In a small bowl, press the cream into the blue cheese with a fork. Press a small scoop of the blue cheese into the center of the dates and close them back up. Cut each piece of bacon in half. Wrap each halved bacon strip around a date. Secure with a toothpick.

Place the bacon-wrapped dates on a baking sheet. Bake until the bacon is crisp, 15 to 20 minutes.

Read more at: http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/b...ml?oc=linkback

Seriously. Nom, nom...
                              Credo quia absurdum.

Quantum mechanics describes nature as absurd from the point of view of common sense. And yet it fully agrees with experiment. So I hope you can accept nature as She is - absurd! - Richard Feynman

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X