Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tea drinkers

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Tea drinkers

    Trying to reduce consumption of coffee, soda and alcohol. I used to work on a tea farm, so I have learned to appreciate good tea. I wonder if anyone else here drinks tea? I can imagine its primarily the British and commonwealth crowd here does but not much else. Right now I'm sipping on some black tea from Ceylon. I usually like black tea in the morning and don't normally add milk or sugar, and green or white tea at night. I'm also experimenting if drinking a lot of tea has any effect on weight loss. Perhaps, perhaps not, study in progress.
    The Europa Barbarorum II team [M2TW] needs YOUR HELP NOW HERE!

  • #2
    I'm probably not what you're looking for.

    Although a confirmed tea-drinker (Scots actually drink more tea than whisky, it's just easier to sing about whisky), I've spent my entire life on cheap blends, with plenty of milk and laden with saccharine (we were always running out of sugar when I was a kid, but Mum risked divorce if Dad couldn't have saccharine in his tea, so i developed a taste for it), so my palate probably isn't that discerning. I've tried lapsang souchon (?) and earl grey, but find both virtually undrinkable.

    My favourite was blended to take advantage of Scotland's soft water (in many parts of England, chalk content does funny things to the water, not a problem with Scotland's Devonian and Pre-Cambrian bones), and one of its adverts showed rivers and reservoirs being drained, with the question;

    "How will Scotland's water keep up with the demand ?"

    (A rumble of thunder, and Scotland's most salient feature puts in an appearance, quickly restoring the levels.)

    "Silly question."
    Indyref2 - still, "Yes."

    Comment


    • #3
      I used to like strong naffi tea with condensed milk and plenty of sugar, now I like black tea, two sugars and a couple of fresh lemon slices in the cup, the boiling water has to be poured directly onto the lemon before the tea bag is put in, or even better the tea should be in a tea pot using tea leaves.
      Last time I was stateside I had to smuggle in ten boxes of PG Tips tea bags for my relatives.


      Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

      Comment


      • #4
        I guess I qualify in that I don't drink Coffee. I prefer Sweet Tea with lots of ice. In cold weather I will drink hot tea. I have tried more expensive brands, but my palate just does not discriminate the expensive from the cheap.

        Pruitt
        Pruitt, you are truly an expert! Kelt06

        Have you been struck by the jawbone of an ASS lately?

        by Khepesh "This is the logic of Pruitt"

        Comment


        • #5
          Iced Tea - Year round my standard drink in restaurants. No sugar (I'm a Yankee after all. )

          Hot Tea - I used to drink off the shelf black teas but I also used to swill coffee by the pint. Now I'm more apt to have hot tea during the winter months, often with a bit of honey. My favorite bagged tea for daytime is Constant Comment, a blend with orange and spice that a long ago girlfriend got me started.

          Before bed I've come to like a cup of peppermint tea. It opens up the sinuses and settles that extra helping of dinner you should not have scarfed down. Another plus is peppermint is very easy to grow.
          Last edited by GCoyote; 08 Oct 14, 21:50.
          Any metaphor will tear if stretched over too much reality.

          Questions about our site? See the FAQ.

          Comment


          • #6
            Hot green or white tea, no sugar

            Hot Twinings English Breakfast or Earl Gray with sugar

            Hot Bigelow Constant Comment with sugar

            Comment


            • #7
              Do not drink tea or coffee on a regular basis , however I do enjoy both when I do drink them and I like them plain no condiments or additives. My favorite is the tea they serve at Chinese restaurants. I have been wanting to try out Turkish coffee, however haven't gotten the chance yet. I have heard it is really good.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Frtigern View Post
                Trying to reduce consumption of coffee, soda and alcohol. I used to work on a tea farm, so I have learned to appreciate good tea. I wonder if anyone else here drinks tea? I can imagine its primarily the British and commonwealth crowd here does but not much else. Right now I'm sipping on some black tea from Ceylon. I usually like black tea in the morning and don't normally add milk or sugar, and green or white tea at night. I'm also experimenting if drinking a lot of tea has any effect on weight loss. Perhaps, perhaps not, study in progress.
                Japanese green tea for me.

                My worst jump story:
                My 13th jump was on the 13th day of the month, aircraft number 013.
                As recorded on my DA Form 1307 Individual Jump Log.
                No lie.

                ~
                "Everything looks all right. Have a good jump, eh."
                -2 Commando Jumpmaster

                Comment


                • #9
                  I've always been a tea man.

                  Any good Ceylonese (Sri Lankan) blend, English Breakfast or Earl Grey ( blended with Bergamot).

                  A mere suggestion of milk is all that's needed, with sugar to taste>
                  "I dogmatise and am contradicted, and in this conflict of opinions and sentiments I find delight".
                  Samuel Johnson.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    To get a decent strong brew of tea in the uk all you need to do is visit any transport cafe where the tea is sometimes in a huge pot and been brewing for quite a while, in the USA I have never found a place serving a decent cup of tea, liptons tea bags? I had to use 4 of them to get a half decent cup last time.
                    However the states outclasses the uk when it comes to coffee.
                    I have tried Starbucks, Costa coffee and plenty of other high street coffee shops and all there coffee taste like sludge, the only decent coffee I have found is the one at Mac Donald's, the only one I will buy when out and about.
                    However don't buy the tea in maccie dees it's like pish water.
                    How much tea does the average poster here drink, I have one or two cups a day, my wife has about nine or ten cups a day.


                    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by queensman View Post
                      To get a decent strong brew of tea in the uk all you need to do is visit any transport cafe where the tea is sometimes in a huge pot and been brewing for quite a while, in the USA I have never found a place serving a decent cup of tea, liptons tea bags? I had to use 4 of them to get a half decent cup last time.
                      However the states outclasses the uk when it comes to coffee.
                      I have tried Starbucks, Costa coffee and plenty of other high street coffee shops and all there coffee taste like sludge, the only decent coffee I have found is the one at Mac Donald's, the only one I will buy when out and about.
                      However don't buy the tea in maccie dees it's like pish water.
                      How much tea does the average poster here drink, I have one or two cups a day, my wife has about nine or ten cups a day.


                      Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                      This Yank can't even drink Lipton. My God.... McDonalds coffee!
                      My worst jump story:
                      My 13th jump was on the 13th day of the month, aircraft number 013.
                      As recorded on my DA Form 1307 Individual Jump Log.
                      No lie.

                      ~
                      "Everything looks all right. Have a good jump, eh."
                      -2 Commando Jumpmaster

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Frtigern View Post
                        Trying to reduce consumption of coffee, soda and alcohol. I used to work on a tea farm, so I have learned to appreciate good tea. I wonder if anyone else here drinks tea? I can imagine its primarily the British and commonwealth crowd here does but not much else. Right now I'm sipping on some black tea from Ceylon. I usually like black tea in the morning and don't normally add milk or sugar, and green or white tea at night. I'm also experimenting if drinking a lot of tea has any effect on weight loss. Perhaps, perhaps not, study in progress.
                        I drink only tea, not coffee.

                        THE best tea supplier in America for my money is Upton Tea in Boston. You can Google it if you like. They have a wonderful catalog and I've been buying super tea from all over the world from them for years.

                        I like an Assam blend (has to be blended, pref. with Yunnan, but I've been experimenting lately) in the AM with milk and Equal, and some high-priced China green teas in the afternoon, neat.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Phebe View Post
                          I drink only tea, not coffee.

                          THE best tea supplier in America for my money is Upton Tea in Boston. You can Google it if you like. They have a wonderful catalog and I've been buying super tea from all over the world from them for years.

                          I like an Assam blend (has to be blended, pref. with Yunnan, but I've been experimenting lately) in the AM with milk and Equal, and some high-priced China green teas in the afternoon, neat.
                          I thought those from Boston didn't like tea and tipped it in the sea .
                          How to Talk to a Climate Skeptic: http://grist.org/series/skeptics/
                          Global Warming & Climate Change Myths: https://www.skepticalscience.com/argument.php

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            That's been awhile.

                            They're better now. [:-)

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              I drink herbal tea from time to time. Usually camomile tea. Sometimes camomile+mint.

                              Comment

                              Latest Topics

                              Collapse

                              Working...
                              X