X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nick the Noodle
    replied
    Originally posted by JBark View Post
    Btw, if you do put eggs in any of your smoothies or blended stuff my nutrition professor said that the human body can not benefit from the protein of an egg unless its been cooked for about a minute. I put them in boiling water for a minute and they are still quite liquid for use in a shake or smoothie.
    Thanks for the tip . However, I hadn't even considered using eggs in any form in a smoothie. I have been thinking only fruit and veg options, and for now, that is the route I wish to explore.

Leave a comment:

• JBark
    replied
    Btw, if you do put eggs in any of your smoothies or blended stuff my nutrition professor said that the human body can not benefit from the protein of an egg unless its been cooked for about a minute. I put them in boiling water for a minute and they are still quite liquid for use in a shake or smoothie.

Leave a comment:

• JBark
    replied
    Originally posted by Nick the Noodle View Post
    I can have meat as long as it is pureed. However, meat without texture I find weird, unless it is pate.
    And if you are like me then you just can't get enough. You are lucky, you are closer to France than I. Have to agree with the meat texture problem. Drinking the meatloaf, peas and mashed potatoes was good tasting but weird feeling.

Leave a comment:

• Nick the Noodle
    replied
    Originally posted by sebfrench76 View Post
    Sorry for the recipe I posted recently,not cool with your future diet...
    Hope you recover fast and completely!
    Thanks .

Leave a comment:

• sebfrench76
    replied
    Sorry for the recipe I posted recently,not cool with your future diet...
    Hope you recover fast and completely!

Leave a comment:

• Nick the Noodle
    replied
    Originally posted by JBark View Post
    Hope all goes well for you Nick tough change to make. My mini food processor is pretty good at turning solids to a paste, as in pesto. I've been doing that often but take out the garlic because my stomach can't handle it. The more liquid you add, of course, the closer it is to sludge.

I had a broken jaw once and my girlfriend put meat loaf, peas and mashed potatoes in the blender and it was pretty easy to get down (jaw not wired.). The color is not too nice...or can you not handle meat at all?
    I can have meat as long as it is pureed. However, meat without texture I find weird, unless it is pate.

Leave a comment:

• JBark
    replied
    Hope all goes well for you Nick tough change to make. My mini food processor is pretty good at turning solids to a paste, as in pesto. I've been doing that often but take out the garlic because my stomach can't handle it. The more liquid you add, of course, the closer it is to sludge.

I had a broken jaw once and my girlfriend put meat loaf, peas and mashed potatoes in the blender and it was pretty easy to get down (jaw not wired.). The color is not too nice...or can you not handle meat at all?

Leave a comment:

• Bwaha
    replied
    Hope you get well soon.

Leave a comment:

• dgfred
    replied
    Mash stuff in a bowl first .

Get well soon!

Leave a comment:

• Mountain Man
    replied
    Just come out of hospital after a stomach operation and forced to go on a proper liquid diet, not the one I would prefer . It means no Xmas lunch for me this year .

I need to get a decent blender, rather than a juicer, to make drinks. In Britain we have adverts for the Nutribullet all over the place, which appears to be the type of machine I need. However, my experience is that the best item on the market generally needs less marketing.

Any recommendations on a machine that basically can cope with turning linseeds/flax seeds and nuts as well as hard veg into a drink?
    Any commercial quality blender will do the job just fine. It's the motor that does all the work, so get one with enough power to do what you need.

But since you will recover rapidly, don't spend the family inheritance on the thing unless you plan to make a lot of margaritas afterwards.

Leave a comment:

• Arnold J Rimmer
    replied
    Just come out of hospital after a stomach operation and forced to go on a proper liquid diet, not the one I would prefer . It means no Xmas lunch for me this year .

I need to get a decent blender, rather than a juicer, to make drinks. In Britain we have adverts for the Nutribullet all over the place, which appears to be the type of machine I need. However, my experience is that the best item on the market generally needs less marketing.

Any recommendations on a machine that basically can cope with turning linseeds/flax seeds and nuts as well as hard veg into a drink?
    Have no facts to offer, just wishing you a speedy recovery!

Leave a comment:

• Selous
    replied
    Even a blender is going to leave some small solids, not sure if that's okay for your particular post-op condition. Blending a couple of times and applying heat, or then juicing might be the only way I could see you processing something into really fluid pastes. Commercial products may be an easier option and, although I'd normally argue against them, contain either extra or more easily digested nutrients and calories.

Leave a comment:

• Nick the Noodle
    started a topic Liquid Diet Help

Liquid Diet Help

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
X