Bunny Chow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bunny Chow

Strange dish from South Africa. A hollowed out loaf of bread with stuff inside the hole, usually curry. Has anyone had one? Is it good?

I grew up in a Slavic culture where bread is revered as a staple, but we could never come up with an idea of drilling a hole like that in the loaf.

"Artillery adds dignity to what would otherwise be a ugly brawl."
    --Frederick II, King of Prussia

Sure, it's how to serve Clam Chowder, Spinach dips, ect...

http://www.yummly.com/recipes/bread-bowl-dip
    Credo quia absurdum.

Quantum mechanics describes nature as absurd from the point of view of common sense. And yet it fully agrees with experiment. So I hope you can accept nature as She is - absurd! - Richard Feynman

Comment

At the Texas Renaissance Festival there are several vendors that will sell you Red Beans or Beef Stew in a hollowed out round piece on bread. Back in medieval times it was not unusual to eat your meal on a flat piece of bread.

Pruitt
      Pruitt, you are truly an expert! Kelt06

Have you been struck by the jawbone of an ASS lately?

by Khepesh "This is the logic of Pruitt"

Comment

Originally posted by Pruitt View Post
        At the Texas Renaissance Festival there are several vendors that will sell you Red Beans or Beef Stew in a hollowed out round piece on bread. Back in medieval times it was not unusual to eat your meal on a flat piece of bread.

Pruitt
        IIRC, the term for such was trencher and done often instead of using plates (or because there were no plates).

Comment

Wrapping food up in a tortilla is essentially the same concept, as is pita bread sandwiches.

I'll bet it's pretty good served that way.
          Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

That must be SuperFastFood, or the sauce'll come out, thru the bread.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
            X