Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• and now..the cheesecake !

Hello amigos!

Thank you so much for all your precious recipes of fish and chips,I have on my wish list to taste all of them!

US delicatessen are extremely "tendance" (hype or fashion) nowadays in France(as is the "truck food",btw..)
    For a European,what would you advise me for the best typical and American made cheesecake recipe?
    My main troubles are :what biscuits and cream(or maybe cottage cheese) to use?
    I'm using Philadelphia and Ricotta,and English biscuits for tea..
    Please correct me,cause this cake is a hit at home and I'm sure I can do it better!
    Thank you les amis !!
    Last edited by sebfrench76; 29 Nov 13, 15:57.
    That rug really tied the room together

My wife uses digestive biscuits in hers plus some form of cream cheese, not necessarily but usually Philadelphia. She tends to use less sugar then the standard recipes to make it healthier. Digestives and cream cheese are light she breaks them up and mixes them with butter. Add flavourings such as vanilla, chocolate, fruit as desired.
    "To be free is better than to be unfree - always."

Comment

Cheesecake is popular in Australia too.

I think I should list ingredients but leave you to decide exactly how much an original recipe needs.

Firstly though I would like to recommend using Cottage cheese and sweet biscuits (aka cookies) in your recipe. In Australia Nice biscuits would be used ; naturally you'll have to crush them into crumbs.

Other ingredients : butter, eggs, flour, caster sugar, lemon juice, ground cinnamon, vanilla extract, salt, milk.

Nice biscuits

Cottage cheese

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants. Thomas Jefferson.

Comment

To both of You :
        Mille mercis!
        A thousand thanks!
        In French"mieux vaut s'adresser au Bon Dieu qu' ses saints"
        Means something like:better ask an advice to God than rather to his saints..
        There's nothing like hints and tips coming from the ones who knows their jobs,hehe..
        That rug really tied the room together

Comment

This is a easy 'no-bake' orange-cream cheesecake recipe...

Graham Cracker Layer
          Ingredients:
          1 1/2 packets of graham crackers (about 12)
          1/4 c. sugar
          1/2 c. melted butter

Directions:
          Put the graham crackers in a food processor and process until small crumbs. Mix in the remaining ingredients.

Cheesecake Layer
          Ingredients:
          1 8oz package of cream cheese
          1/4 c. sugar
          1 c. heavy cream
          1 T. orange juice

Directions:
          Mix the cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Mix in the orange juice, and then pour in the cream slowly and whip until it becomes thick.

Orange Cream Layer
          Ingredients:
          1 box orange gelatin
          1 c. heavy cream

Make gelatin as directed on box using the quick set method. Whip the cream in a mixer until soft peaks form. Gently fold the whipped cream into the gelatin as soon as it starts to set, mixing well.

Putting it all together

Make all three layers, in the order listed, because the gelatin layer starts to set fast. Press a layer of graham cracker crumbs into the bottom of a dessert dish. Top with a cheesecake layer, and then an orange cream layer. Add mandarin oranges if desired, and then top with another cheesecake and orange cream layer. Refrigerate at least and hour before serving.
          "Stand for the flag ~ Kneel for the fallen"

"A wise man can learn more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer." ~ Bruce Lee

Comment

It's not cheesecake, but really tasty. (Also uses cream cheese)

Use equal amounts of crab(cooked) and cream cheese. (8 once package to each crab). Mix together adding a minced clove of garlic and a teaspoon of horseradish. Spread on a french roll and cover with sharp chedder cheese. A dash of paprika on top. Then broil til the cheese is slightly browned.
            Credo quia absurdum.

Quantum mechanics describes nature as absurd from the point of view of common sense. And yet it fully agrees with experiment. So I hope you can accept nature as She is - absurd! - Richard Feynman

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
            X