No announcement yet.

Worst Beer Ever

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Budweiser, shaefer's, pearl.. basically any US made mass produced beer is nasty. I have not been able to drink the crap since I went to Germany and tasted real beer.

“Unthinking respect for authority is the greatest enemy of truth.” -- Albert Einstein

The US Constitution doesn't need to be rewritten it needs to be reread

Comment

Originally posted by slick_miester View Post
      [...]

My grandfather was a Rheingold man.

[...]
      I loved Rheingold!!! Can you still get it up there?

[...]

I answered my own question... You can!

It appears that Spec's will start carrying Rheingold here in Texas... Yeee-hawww!
      Watts Up With That? | The world's most viewed site on global warming and climate change.

Comment

Originally posted by johnbryan View Post
        Schlitz screwed up big time back in the mid 70's when they changed their basic brewing recipe to a cheaper, chemically enhanced, faster-lagering process formula, thinking US beer drinkers wouldn't notice the difference in taste. They did!..
        There current claim is that they are now using their old formula from the 60s.

I never liked this one either

Comment

At the Deer Park with a pitcher of Genesee... those were the days.
          My worst jump story:
          My 13th jump was on the 13th day of the month, aircraft number 013.
          As recorded on my DA Form 1307 Individual Jump Log.
          No lie.

~
          "Everything looks all right. Have a good jump, eh."
          -2 Commando Jumpmaster

Comment

Originally posted by The Doctor View Post
            I loved Rheingold!!! Can you still get it up there?
            Some outfit bought up Rheingold's old properties (trademarks, et al) and relaunched the brand about ten or twelve years ago. How it compares to the old stuff I can't say, as the original Rheingold went belly-up when I was nine years of age.

Originally posted by 101combatvet View Post
            At the Deer Park with a pitcher of Genesee... those were the days.
            Nassau Co?
            I was married for two ******* years! Hell would be like Club Med! - Sam Kinison

Comment

The Swedish Spendrup beer! The brewery sent Herc loads of it to the Swedish contingent in Yugoslavia. Obviously to get rid of it. They did......as the good neighbors we are we had to help them...

Fred
              Saving MacArthur - a book series - https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...ies_rw_dp_labf
              River Wide, Ocean Deep - Operation Sealion - https://www.amazon.com/product-revie...owViewpoints=1

Comment

Some outfit bought up Rheingold's old properties (trademarks, et al) and relaunched the brand about ten or twelve years ago. How it compares to the old stuff I can't say, as the original Rheingold went belly-up when I was nine years of age.

[...]
                I remember when Rheingold was the official beer of the NY Mets!

The last time I drank Rheingold was when I was in college (~1978)... It must've been the Miller version though, because they shut down the operation in 1976.

Supposedly the new Rheingold will be available here in Texas at Spec's...
                Watts Up With That? | The world's most viewed site on global warming and climate change.

Comment

In the dark recesses of my memory I recall Schaefer being the Mets' official beer.

Later on it was Bud.

But evidently you're right: early on it was Rheingold.

But at the Real Stadium, it was Ballantine Ale.

The last time I drank Rheingold was when I was in college (~1978)... It must've been the Miller version though, because they shut down the operation in 1976.
                  You're dating yourself, Pappy.

Supposedly the new Rheingold will be available here in Texas at Spec's...
                  Give us all a review when you down that first six-pack.

Comment

In the dark recesses of my memory I recall Schaefer being the Mets' official beer.

Later on it was Bud.

But evidently you're right: early on it was Rheingold.

But at the Real Stadium, it was Ballantine Ale.

You're dating yourself, Pappy.

Give us all a review when you down that first six-pack.
                    These are from 1970...

Ballantine!!! I forgot all about that one. They used to have Rebus puzzles under the bottlecaps!

Comment

Hey Marc, one beer that always intrigued me was from the Trommer's Brewery in New York City. It was one of the few remaining old time breweries that used only barley malt and no cereal adjuncts or sugars in its beer. It went out of business ages ago, but I always wondered how good of a beer it was..
                      "Profanity is but a linguistic crutch for illiterate motherbleepers"

Comment

Originally posted by leandros View Post
                        The Swedish Spendrup beer! The brewery sent Herc loads of it to the Swedish contingent in Yugoslavia. Obviously to get rid of it. They did......as the good neighbors we are we had to help them...

Fred
                        Swedish beer, it brings me some not so fond memories from late 90's. Bought case of some Swedish beer from cruise ships tax free shop. That beer, I don't remember its brand, was undrinkable. Though I got one use for those uncorked beer cans. They made quite nice air rifle targets. Just shaked them well and ping-whoosh

Comment

Originally posted by Marmat View Post
                          (...)
                          Has anyone ever tried or developed a taste for Belgian Lambic beer? Bacteria is intentionally introduced to produce Lambic, cloudy, flat and sour, beer, I've intentionally avoided it, VERY unappealing:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lambic_beer
                          Lambic is in effect the raw material, it is not meant to be had as such but to be used as a base for making finished products like Geuze or the various fruit beers derived thereoff.

Geuze(pure) is enjoyable as a thirst quencher, one or two on hot summer day, the fruity derivatives are fairly popular with women here,

for a taste of what it can be made into I'd advise this one:

http://www.ratebeer.com/beer/rodenbach-grand-cru/1194/

All in all it's incomparable with the beers in the pils family, it's a completely different product.
                          Last edited by Snowygerry; 27 Jun 13, 09:33.
                          High Admiral Snowy, Commander In Chief of the Naval Forces of The Phoenix Confederation.
                          Major Atticus Finch - ACW Rainbow Co.

Comment

Originally posted by johnbryan View Post
                            Hey Marc, one beer that always intrigued me was from the Trommer's Brewery in New York City. It was one of the few remaining old time breweries that used only barley malt and no cereal adjuncts or sugars in its beer. It went out of business ages ago, but I always wondered how good of a beer it was..
                            I had to look that one up, but I'm glad that I did.

Though few remember it today, the Bushwick section of Brooklyn was one of America's leading brewing centers through the 1950s and into the 1970s. Its pilsners were unique for more reasons than just their highly hopped character. A close look at these die-hard pre-Prohibition beers reveals a colorful history.

One of the brewing centers that produced notable pre-Prohibition-style beers during the first half of the twentieth century was the Bushwick section of Brooklyn, New York. These post-Prohibition Bushwick breweries included Trommer's, F&M Schaefer, Piels, Liebman, Ehrets, Goldenrod, Old Dutch, Charles Schafer, and Schlitz. The pilsners produced by these breweries are worthy of attention by home, pub, and microbreweries because of their distinctive style and their historic place in American brewing.

"The Bushwick Pilsners: A Look at Hoppier Days," by Ben Jankowski, Brewing Techniques, Jan/Feb 1994
                            I'd heard that Bushwick had been a focus of German and German-American settlement, but that was decades before I was born. Henry Miller lived there for a time, as well as in neighboring Ridgewood, so both neighborhoods featured prominently in his writings, but all of those German breweries were defunct long before I could freely swill. In recent years, outfits like Brooklyn Brewery have endeavored to reestablish quality brewing in Kings County, and some of them are pretty good.
                            Last edited by slick_miester; 27 Jun 13, 12:04.

Comment

I'm not crazy! (Okay, maybe I am.) I knew that the Mets had had a relationship with Schaefer.

Then again, Schaefer appears to have gotten around.

The New Jersey Generals of the USFL

Ebbets Field

As did Rheingold, of course.

The Polo Grounds

Apparently Schaefer was the US' No 2 beer behind Budweiser as recently as the early 1980's. Here I am, learning new things every day.

Comment

Another POS

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X