Duck!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Duck!!

Thought that I'd throw out my duck recipe.

Score the duck's skin in a criss-cross pattern; careful not to cut too deep into the meat (tip stolen from Jamie Oliver)
    Garlic, rosemary, basil paste rubbed into the skin.
    One onion divided into quarters and placed inside the cavity with more basil.
    Orange slices on the skin, several also placed in the cavity.

Crank up the heat in the oven to high, roast duck for about 10 min. on high then bring the temp. down to medium.

Save the fat- roast potatoes and carrots taste fantastic when roasted in the fat.

I served it with a nice Aussie Pinot Noir. Perfect.

I'd like to hear more ideas for my new favorite meat. While in the kitchen, I'm a closet Frenchman.
    "Take the risk of thinking for yourself, much more happiness, truth, beauty, and wisdom will come to you that way." - Christopher Hitchens

Originally posted by globetrotter View Post
    Thought that I'd throw out my duck recipe.

Score the duck's skin in a criss-cross pattern; careful not to cut too deep into the meat (tip stolen from Jamie Oliver)
    Garlic, rosemary, basil paste rubbed into the skin.
    One onion divided into quarters and placed inside the cavity with more basil.
    Orange slices on the skin, several also placed in the cavity.

Crank up the heat in the oven to high, roast duck for about 10 min. on high then bring the temp. down to medium.

Save the fat- roast potatoes and carrots taste fantastic when roasted in the fat.

I served it with a nice Aussie Pinot Noir. Perfect.

I'd like to hear more ideas for my new favorite meat. While in the kitchen, I'm a closet Frenchman.
    Nicely done!.
    "Profanity is but a linguistic crutch for illiterate motherbleepers"

Comment

It has to go on a rack in the pan to keep the bottom from sticking and staying too greasy. I tried doing it over a slow fire in the propane grill with a spit for a rotisserie. Pierce the skin in many places and keep it moving for at least an hour or more for crispy skin. The meat will fall off the bone.. Mmmmm....
      ARRRR! International Talk Like A Pirate Day - September 19th
      IN MARE IN COELO

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
      X