X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boeuf Bourguignon recipe in English!

Hello happy cookers!

This guy,Hervé ,has got talent.
    I confirm that his boeuf Bourguignon recipe is a hit,and is really authentical.
    The vid is excellent and you will enjoy his french accent...
    He has a cooking channel,very well made with some subtitled recipes.
    You have my guarantee that if you follow his recipe,you will savor a fundamental of France's cuisine in your overseas kitchen!

That rug really tied the room together

Originally posted by sebfrench76 View Post
    Hello happy cookers!

This guy,Hervé ,has got talent.
    I confirm that his boeuf Bourguignon recipe is a hit,and is really authentical.
    The vid is excellent and you will enjoy his french accent...
    He has a cooking channel,very well made with some subtitled recipes.
    You have my guarantee that if you follow his recipe,you will savor a fundamental of France's cuisine in your overseas kitchen!

Thanks for sharing.

Just a few points:
    He overloaded the pan with the beef at the beginning. Cook the beef in several smaller batches at the beginning instead. This way they will fry rather than boil, and get a better browning as well. That means better tasting meat.

I would put the bacon in first, then the garlic to flavour the oil, and reserve both before putting the beef in the pan.
    I would dust the beef with the flour (with added ground black pepper, but no salt as plenty in the bacon), before the initial frying process to seal the meat further.
    I personally would add celery a minute or so after the onion has been added.

Option: Add cayenne pepper, chili powder and paprika to spice it up a little.

Apart from the first point, that is my variation on the theme, and less than traditional. I also tend to add a lot more garlic .
    How to Talk to a Climate Skeptic: http://grist.org/series/skeptics/
    Global Warming & Climate Change Myths: https://www.skepticalscience.com/argument.php

Comment

Nick,i do agree with you but don't forget that this is the Bourgogne wine that will have the last word,cause all the ingredients will cook for hours in this alcool.
      When we cook one there,i personaly add some squares ok black chocolate and cook it for 2 hours.Then stop and let in the oven (outside the fridge) all night long.Then i cook it again during 3 hours,low temperature....
      But this is in France,where hygien is a concept,hehehe...
      That rug really tied the room together

Comment

Originally posted by Nick the Noodle View Post
        Thanks for sharing.

Just a few points:
        He overloaded the pan with the beef at the beginning. Cook the beef in several smaller batches at the beginning instead. This way they will fry rather than boil, and get a better browning as well. That means better tasting meat.

I would put the bacon in first, then the garlic to flavour the oil, and reserve both before putting the beef in the pan.
        I would dust the beef with the flour (with added ground black pepper, but no salt as plenty in the bacon), before the initial frying process to seal the meat further.
        I personally would add celery a minute or so after the onion has been added.

Option: Add cayenne pepper, chili powder and paprika to spice it up a little.

Apart from the first point, that is my variation on the theme, and less than traditional. I also tend to add a lot more garlic .
        Without even looking at the video I would agree with this.
        John

Play La Marseillaise. Play it!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
        X