Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Corned Beef Hash

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Corned Beef Hash

    Here is a basic recipie for Corned Beef Hash from Jack (deceased) Canadian Armoured Sherman Tank Division Ortona, Italy WWII.
    4 potatoe peeled & mashed
    4 slices bacon chopped & fried
    2 cooking onion chopped & fried
    1 can corn beef
    Add all ingrediets in a pot/stir & serve!
    Goes well with tobbasco sause,louisiana hot sause etc...I learned this one @ camp from Jack I think that's all there is too it but he suffered from hearing loss he had 6 Sherman Tanks shot out from under him...
    Easy to make @ the camp/cottage or cabin!
    Cheers,Pat

  • #2
    My wife is cooking up a corned beef brisket tomorrow for hash on Sunday...
    Watts Up With That? | The world's most viewed site on global warming and climate change.

    Comment


    • #3
      Hash is one of the few meat dishes I do not like at all.
      Any man can hold his place when the bands play and women throw flowers; it is when the enemy presses close and metal shears through the ranks that one can acertain which are soldiers, and which are not.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by The Doctor View Post
        My wife is cooking up a corned beef brisket tomorrow for hash on Sunday...
        A whole brand new corned beef brisket just for hash? What kind of animals are you two? Hash is supposed be leftovers!!!!
        Flag: USA / Location: West Coast

        Prayers.

        BoRG

        http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/8757/snap1ws8.jpg

        https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5PtsX_Z3CMU

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Arnold J Rimmer View Post
          Hash is one of the few meat dishes I do not like at all.
          Yep it's kinda like bachelor food as it can be cooked in one pot & frying pan...Another fellow Wilf ate hash on board a Corvette with the Convoys crossing the North Atlantic.
          Wilf being English did not like spices much so he would not add bacon or louisiana hot sause to his...
          Cheers,Pat

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by SmackUm View Post
            Here is a basic recipie for Corned Beef Hash from Jack (deceased) Canadian Armoured Sherman Tank Division Ortona, Italy WWII.
            4 potatoe peeled & mashed
            4 slices bacon chopped & fried
            2 cooking onion chopped & fried
            1 can corn beef
            Add all ingrediets in a pot/stir & serve!
            Goes well with tobbasco sause,louisiana hot sause etc...I learned this one @ camp from Jack I think that's all there is too it but he suffered from hearing loss he had 6 Sherman Tanks shot out from under him...
            Easy to make @ the camp/cottage or cabin!
            Cheers,Pat
            That recipe is a keeper and goes in the recipe box!.
            "Profanity is but a linguistic crutch for illiterate motherbleepers"

            Comment


            • #7
              Irish Sushi
              Corned beef hash, wrapped in cabbage leaves and cooked in decent beef stock/gravy until the leaves are tender. Serve with...I guess you know the answer - recommended .
              How to Talk to a Climate Skeptic: http://grist.org/series/skeptics/
              Global Warming & Climate Change Myths: https://www.skepticalscience.com/argument.php

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Nick the Noodle View Post
                Irish Sushi
                Corned beef hash, wrapped in cabbage leaves and cooked in decent beef stock/gravy until the leaves are tender. Serve with...I guess you know the answer - recommended .
                Really nice!! What a delicious sounding "one pot meal.".
                "Profanity is but a linguistic crutch for illiterate motherbleepers"

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by johnbryan View Post
                  That recipe is a keeper and goes in the recipe box!.
                  It's easy and it fills the hole I think the POM's Prisoners of Her/His Majesty's Empire lived off this stuff!
                  Cheers,Pat

                  Comment

                  Latest Topics

                  Collapse

                  Working...
                  X