• Show
Clear All

• Fresh Homemade Pasta

I made the best pasta for supper last night. Here is how to do it:

4 cups flour
    Pinch of salt
    2 tablespoons of olive oil
    6 eggs
    Place all these in a mixing bowl and use the dough hook if your Kitchen Made has one.
    When all is mixed, take the dough out of the mixer and wrap in in Saran Wrap for 2 hours.
    Then take and cut it into even parts. Then feed them into a pasta roller, electric or manual, on setting 1 for the first thickness, then through setting 3, and again at setting 5.
    Then you can either cut it and make fettuccine or do what I did which and make ravioli. I use ground pork and spices and make tiny little balls and space them evenly. Then I take another sheet of dough and cover over the small meatballs and press them together.
    Once this is done, cut the individual ravioli from each other. I press all the sides with a fork.
    Bring water to a boil, salt it lightly and drop the ravioli into it. When they appear to be done, I take one out and check it. If its done, I heat a frying pan with olive oil in it and then drain the pasta and the pasta into it. Then I add the sauce, homemade of course and cook for another 5 mins.. Last thing to do is EAT it of course.
    "War is hell, but actual combat is a motherf#cker"
    - Col. David Hackworth

Two questions:
    Do you use egg wash to seal the edges?
    How can you be sure the filling is cooked through?
    John

Play La Marseillaise. Play it!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
    X