Most expensive Starbuck in the world

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Most expensive Starbuck in the world

Forget the Big Mac index, I am trying to find the world's most expensive place to have a coffee based on the Starbucks index.

I am drinking a coffee I just ordered in Starbucks, Vevey, Switzerland. It is the only type of coffee a grown man should order publicly, a double espresso. I paid 4.40 Swiss francs which id $ 4,67 at today's forex rate.

So there we have it. Double espresso, $4.67 international comparissons please, where is the world's most expensive and cheapest place to order Starbucks?
    What would Occam say?

In the USA their most expensive coffee is now $7.00, limited availability mainly in Seattle:

But that’s small beans compared with Starbucks’ newest premium coffee, the “Costa Rica Finca Palmilera.” Made from a rare, heirloom, hard-to-grow coffee varietal called “Geisha,” it costs $40 for a half-pound bag.

Or it’s $6 for a tall cup, and $7 for a grande. And that’s for plain, black coffee with nothing foamy, gingerbready or peppermint-mocha-y about it.

Comment

Starbucks----sucks...
      ARRRR! International Talk Like A Pirate Day - September 19th
      IN MARE IN COELO

Comment

Would you believe the most expensive coffee is processed through a cat? They collect the coffee beans from the cat poop!

Cost $80 a cup and $700 per pound.

Coffee cherries are eaten by Civet cats, processed through their digestive system, and the beans are harvested on the other side. According to ValBeMar's website, the Civets, found in the islands of Java and Sumatra, can’t digest the fruit’s inner beans and they are excreted whole.
        The beans are collected from the cat droppings, cleaned and roasted just like any other coffee bean. But the fermentation process while inside the stomach of the cat is the key to its exquisite taste, according to the company.

An Indonesian company brews it here as it is done in cafes in Jakarta.
        "It is very delicious, very smooth and so luxurious," said Valerie Sindal, director of sales and marketing for ValBeMar Specialty Coffee.

http://www.komonews.com/news/local/148376825.html
        "Stand for the flag ~ Kneel for the fallen"

"A wise man can learn more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer." ~ Bruce Lee

Comment

"A wise man can learn more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer." ~ Bruce Lee

Comment

This is a Civet....

Comment

Makes me wonder if it has a hand in producing Civet Regal Scotch Whiskey.

(ducks tomatoes and runs off stage).
              Matthew 5:9 Blessed are the cheesemakers

That's right bitches. I'm blessed!

Comment

All Starbucks is dreck. Some of it just costs more.

Regards,
                Dennis
                If stupid was a criminal offense Sea Lion believers would be doing life.

Shouting out to Half Pint for bringing back the big mugs!

Comment

Originally posted by Rojik View Post
                  Makes me wonder if it has a hand in producing Civet Regal Scotch Whiskey.

(ducks tomatoes and runs off stage).
                  There appears to be no relationship between a Civet and a Chivas, the former being Indonesian and the latter being Mexican.

Flag: USA / Location: West Coast

Prayers.

BoRG

http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/8757/snap1ws8.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5PtsX_Z3CMU

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                  X