No announcement yet.

What are you drinking right now?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.

Comment

Did you like it? I'm a bit of a Fullers fan
      ------
      'I would rather be exposed to the inconveniencies attending too much liberty than those attending too small a degree of it.' - Thomas Jefferson

If you have questions about the forum please check the FAQ/Rules

Comment

Originally posted by Selous View Post
        Did you like it? I'm a bit of a Fullers fan
        One of my favorite porters.

Also like their ESB.

Comment

It's their ESB which brought Fuller's more to my attention and raised them in my esteem. One of my favourite ales.

Edit; In fact, I was parched in Des Moines one time, I'd been 3 weeks-ish on only Newcastle Brown and American beer (much of it really quite enjoyable, but I was wanting something familiar) and we meet my then girlfriend's grandparents in an 'English theme bar' in DM. Great, I thought, more Newky Brown. But no, there it was; Fuller's ESB so we got two pints each for me and her grandfather.
          ------
          'I would rather be exposed to the inconveniencies attending too much liberty than those attending too small a degree of it.' - Thomas Jefferson

Comment

That porter has them very high in my esteem.

Comment

Originally posted by R. Evans View Post
              Nectar of the gods!.
              "Profanity is but a linguistic crutch for illiterate motherbleepers"

Comment

Dr. Pepper!
                "A foolish man thinks he knows everything if placed in unexpected difficulty; but he knows not what to answer, if to the test he is put."

--Hávamál

Comment

Originally posted by Selous View Post
                  Tonight it's something I just picked up at the supermarche called 312, a wheat ale from Chicago;

Wow, I never thought I'd see a bottle from Goose Island so far from home. 312 is the Loop's area code btw. I had Newcastle over the weekend.
                  ...how useless it was to struggle against fortune, this being the burden of wisdom which the ages had bequeathed to him.

Comment

I'm having that 312 again this evening, I quite like it as a change to the usual ale I have or Ginger beer which I've been mostly having recently
                    ------

Comment

Since I'm forced to be in Chicago for 2 weeks or so, I figured I'd get the local favorite:

I've definitely had better but I've also had worse. For the price...what the hell.

Comment

Since I'm forced to be in Chicago for 2 weeks or so, I figured I'd get the local favorite:

I've definitely had better but I've also had worse. For the price...what the hell.
                        Sure beats the hell out of Budweiser, especially if it's fresh!
                        "Profanity is but a linguistic crutch for illiterate motherbleepers"

Comment

Depending on which side of town, you may notice that there are bars without a name. They simply put an Old Style sign above a door.
                          ...how useless it was to struggle against fortune, this being the burden of wisdom which the ages had bequeathed to him.

Comment

All the kids are drinking IPA these days...
                            Attached Files
                            "This life..., you know, "the life." You’re not gonna get any medals, kid. This is not a hero business; you don’t shoot people from a mile a way. You gotta stand right next to them... blow their heads off."

BoRG

Comment

I keep seem to cough a lot when I first take a drink of water...must be some pretty strong stuff!
                              "A foolish man thinks he knows everything if placed in unexpected difficulty; but he knows not what to answer, if to the test he is put."

--Hávamál

Comment

Nothing with a proof I am trying to give it up for Lent.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X