Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by johnbryan View Post
    FX. Matt means good beer!.
    Yep, they have some good beers (Saranac brands are excellent) but the Brooklyn Brewery beers are only contract brewed there because BB's own brewery isn't large enough to handle the load for BB's distribution area. Although some of BB's beers we get here are brewed in Brooklyn. Their Black Chocolate Stout, iirc, comes directly from their own brewery. Since it's only a seasonal, BB is able to handle that one all by themselves.
    Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.

Comment

• Originally posted by R. Evans View Post
      ...Black Chocolate Stout...
      That sounds right up my alley. If I can find it around here I'll be giving it a try.
      ...how useless it was to struggle against fortune, this being the burden of wisdom which the ages had bequeathed to him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lucky 6 View Post
        That sounds right up my alley. If I can find it around here I'll be giving it a try.
        There might still be a few bottles around if you're lucky, but it's only brewed and released during the late fall and winter months. But it's worth the search. Good stuff!

You might want to look for this:

Very pricey, but worth a one-off try.

My brother and I split a bottle of it last weekend. Very, very good. But it was $11.99 a bottle.

Comment

• Porch Rocker.
          Attached Files
          "This life..., you know, "the life." You’re not gonna get any medals, kid. This is not a hero business; you don’t shoot people from a mile a way. You gotta stand right next to them... blow their heads off."

BoRG

Comment

• Argentine Malbec red wine. Delicious!
            "Profanity is but a linguistic crutch for illiterate motherbleepers"

Comment

• Originally posted by johnbryan View Post
              Argentine Malbec red wine. Delicious!
              I've had wines in every countries I've visited.

Right now, I'm having a 14.5% pinotage from Argentina. It's not the best wine I've ever had, but it is more than palatable. Full bodied and smooth, it's awesome at £3.99 a bottle. I consider it the T-34 of wines, as in it more than does the business at a knockdown price .

Although this might not sound very patriotic I've never had an excellent British wine. I will say that the best wine I have ever had was French. I will also say that some French wine is vastly overpriced. Visit Nuit St George and see what I mean. €800+ Euros for a bottle is a tad overpriced imo.
              How to Talk to a Climate Skeptic: http://grist.org/series/skeptics/
              Global Warming & Climate Change Myths: https://www.skepticalscience.com/argument.php

Comment

• Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.

Comment

There might still be a few bottles around if you're lucky, but it's only brewed and released during the late fall and winter months. But it's worth the search. Good stuff!

You might want to look for this:

Very pricey, but worth a one-off try.

My brother and I split a bottle of it last weekend. Very, very good. But it was $11.99 a bottle.
                  I drink their stuff on the regular. My favorite brewery. I go there for holidays.

Brewery, restaurant, distillery, creamery, they do it all. Pretty sure they raised the Kobe beef I had in my cheeseburger.

My personal favorite is the Imperial Chocalate Russian Stout. Chugged a yard for my 25th birthday.
                  "This life..., you know, "the life." You’re not gonna get any medals, kid. This is not a hero business; you don’t shoot people from a mile a way. You gotta stand right next to them... blow their heads off."

BoRG

Comment

• Originally posted by Paul Mann III View Post
                    I drink their stuff on the regular. My favorite brewery. I go there for holidays.

Brewery, restaurant, distillery, creamery, they do it all. Pretty sure they raised the Kobe beef I had in my cheeseburger.

My personal favorite is the Imperial Chocalate Russian Stout. Chugged a yard for my 25th birthday.
                    They have some real good beers but since we're so far away from them, I'm betting our prices are a little different than yours. That double chocolate stout was $11.99. That's a little pricey for one bottle of beer albeit an extremely tasty one. I'd buy it again, but it'll have to be for special occasions. Birthdays, holidays, that type of thing.

Comment

They have some real good beers but since we're so far away from them, I'm betting our prices are a little different than yours. That double chocolate stout was $11.99. That's a little pricey for one bottle of beer albeit an extremely tasty one. I'd buy it again, but it'll have to be for special occasions. Birthdays, holidays, that type of thing.
                      It's the same price here. Their 22s average $6-$14. Even at the brewery, by the case, they're spendy. Last box I took home was around $75.

Well worth it. A tour of their compound shows how much love goes into every batch.

Widmer Brothers are other local favorite. More reasonable price, usually a coupe bucks cheaper, but still very well crafted. Their Kill Devil brown ale was $13 when I got one a few weeks ago.

Is it crazy to spend more than $10 for a 22 ounce beer? Maybe. But we only live once...

BoRG

Comment

• Right now I'm drinking a Flying Dog Double Dog Double Pale Ale. It's friggin awesome and it's 11.5%

Attached Files
                        Last edited by Gixxer86g; 07 May 13, 11:05.
                        ALL LIVES SPLATTER!

BLACK JEEPS MATTER!

BLACK MOTORCYCLES MATTER!

Comment

• Booze bonds us all!!!

Right now I'm guzzling this cup filled with 100% pure Columbian coffee.

Though in about 8 or 9 hours I'll be gladly and eagerly guzzling this six pack of Sam Adams, Boston Lager style, with gusto and uninhibited delight!

It's gonna go down good, good and GREAT and with smooth and soothing regularity that by the time I finish I'll feel like 10,000,000 dollars! Till I wake up the next morning.

Comment

• A bottle of the Brittain (i mean made in Brittany) excellent beer,the Coreff ,brewed in Carhaix-Plouguer, Finistere.
                            Attached Files
                            That rug really tied the room together

Comment

• Last Night

The Raven Special Lager
                              (Always ready to try a new local brew.)

https://www.ravenbeer.com/

Right now, club soda. Habit I picked up from my grandmother.
                              Attached Files
                              Any metaphor will tear if stretched over too much reality.

Questions about our site? See the FAQ.

Comment

• And:

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X