X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GCoyote
    replied
    Hungarian Goulash Soup

Browned everything in olive oil, tossed it in the slow cooker, been eating it all week.

Leave a comment:

• dgfred
    replied
    I had Beer Brats and Chicken strips on the grill over the weekend .

And waaayyy too much Wine ... I am now on drinking probation for a week or two. I couldn't handle the hangmyselfover the next day... getting too old for that kind of partying.

Leave a comment:

• dgfred
    replied
    Yum... very nice!

Leave a comment:

• Karri
    replied
    Just did a rabbit stew. hardest part was cutting the rabbit(don't have a proper knife for the bones), rest was easy. Have to say it was pretty good. Basically just rabbit, a bit of red wine, a bit of passata, shallots, garlic, ginger, carrots, potatoes and some spice.

Leave a comment:

• dgfred
    replied
    Originally posted by joea View Post
    Cicero, post the recipe please! John, I "fix" frozen pizzas too-it is still cheaper than takeout.
    I too am a frozen pizza connoisseur. Been stuck on Red Baron thin crust lately. With additions of ham, turkey, bacon bits, mushrooms and cheese and cheese.

Leave a comment:

• johnbryan
    replied
    Originally posted by joea View Post
    Cicero, post the recipe please! John, I "fix" frozen pizzas too-it is still cheaper than takeout.
    Hell Yeah!.

Leave a comment:

• joea
    replied

Leave a comment:

• johnbryan
    replied
    Originally posted by Cicero View Post
    I pulled the above up from the "Hey, Texas" thread from 3 years ago.

I have a 3-recipe dish to add that thread. It's a grits, beans, chili bowl that is SO FN incredibly good that it is literally unbelievable. It comes out to be so much more than the sum of its parts, that I just couldn't believe it. I need to post it.
    Very impressive!.

Leave a comment:

• johnbryan
    replied
    Originally posted by llkinak View Post
    When you visit and we get totally snockered on that scotch I'll fix you up some moose jerky. Great way to fix up moose.

I have learned to cook a pretty acceptable rock salt entombed prime rib as well. It is now our family Christmas dinner. Yum!
    NICE! I look forward to it!.

Leave a comment:

• Karri
    replied
    The last thing I cooked was seafood chowder.
    Did the stock from shrimp shells, fish bones, celery, leek, ginger, carrot and garlic.

Then the soup from butter,carrots, potatoes, leek, garlic, onion and celery. Mix in some flour, then the stock, let boil/simmer for some time, then mix in some cream, throw in some fish(I just bought some seafood mix from local fish shop, salmon, something smoked and some other fish :P ). Blend everything, then throw in some prawns...just used black pepper and salt for 'spicing'.

Delicious every time. And even better the second day.

EDIT:
    The reason I blend all the fish is that for example chunks of salmon are usually not that good, but mixed in everything is just perfect.

Leave a comment:

• Cicero
    replied
    I pulled the above up from the "Hey, Texas" thread from 3 years ago.

I have a 3-recipe dish to add that thread. It's a grits, beans, chili bowl that is SO FN incredibly good that it is literally unbelievable. It comes out to be so much more than the sum of its parts, that I just couldn't believe it. I need to post it.
    Last edited by Cicero; 09 Oct 12, 03:05.

Leave a comment:

• Cicero
    replied
    Originally posted by johnbryan View Post
    Today, I smoked about 15-lbs of beef jerky in my smoker for my kids, followed by prepping about 12-lbs of split chicken breasts for smoking tomorrow for my twins belated 23rd birthday party. We should have a pack of family and friends descend upon our house around then. I will be serving marinated, smoked, split chicken breasts, a cucumber salad with a sour cream and rice vinegar dressing; German potato salad with a pound of fried bacon crumpled up into it and steamed, buttered cabbage. Almost forgot. The wife brought home a take-home, cook and eat pizza from Walmart today, so I doctored it up with the addition of more mozzerella cheese, pepperoni, mushrooms ham and green pepper. Not a bad meal. "BURP!" Oh, excuse me!.

Hmmm....Looks like he's plotting something.

Ahh-Ha!! Found it!!

Leave a comment:

• Karri
    replied
    I am limited by my cooking gear, no smoking anything for example. But within those limits anything can be done.

Leave a comment:

• llkinak
    replied
    Originally posted by johnbryan View Post
    Today, I smoked about 15-lbs of beef jerky in my smoker for my kids,
    When you visit and we get totally snockered on that scotch I'll fix you up some moose jerky. Great way to fix up moose.

I have learned to cook a pretty acceptable rock salt entombed prime rib as well. It is now our family Christmas dinner. Yum!

Leave a comment:

• johnbryan
    replied
    Originally posted by dgfred View Post
    Very nice work John .
    Thanks, just some welcome accolades from a mis-spent youth!..

Leave a comment:

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
X