What are you cooking? Done yourself.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What are you cooking? Done yourself.

My buddy and I caught over 50 fish at the beach this weekend surf fishing.

About 32 mullets
    About 12 big pompano
    5 or 6 Spots
    and 1 black drum

We will be dining on fish tonight... fried up.

What do you... and can you cook up for yourself?
    SPORTS FREAK/ PANZERBLITZ COMMANDER/ CC2 COMMANDER

Pretty unlimted if I want to. I can do from the cheap and fast to Thanksgiving with out help. Some typical German dishes I still let my wife do.
    "Ask not what your country can do for you"

Left wing, Right Wing same bird that they are killing.

you’re entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts.

Comment

I am the grill master with chicken and beef.
      I am the French Toast master.
      I am the Tuna sandwich master.
      I am the baked/broiled fish master.
      I am the Dagwood sandwich master.

That about does it for my cooking genius.

Comment

Originally posted by dgfred View Post
        I am the grill master with chicken and beef.
        I am the French Toast master.
        I am the Tuna sandwich master.
        I am the baked/broiled fish master.
        I am the Dagwood sandwich master.

That about does it for my cooking genius.
        Your on the way buddy, your on the way.
        "Ask not what your country can do for you"

Left wing, Right Wing same bird that they are killing.

you’re entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts.

Comment

I'm Chief Cook and Bottlewasher here too. I'm also a "Jack-off" of all trades and master of none.
          "Profanity is but a linguistic crutch for illiterate motherbleepers"

Comment

Today, I smoked about 15-lbs of beef jerky in my smoker for my kids, followed by prepping about 12-lbs of split chicken breasts for smoking tomorrow for my twins belated 23rd birthday party. We should have a pack of family and friends descend upon our house around then. I will be serving marinated, smoked, split chicken breasts, a cucumber salad with a sour cream and rice vinegar dressing; German potato salad with a pound of fried bacon crumpled up into it and steamed, buttered cabbage. Almost forgot. The wife brought home a take-home, cook and eat pizza from Walmart today, so I doctored it up with the addition of more mozzerella cheese, pepperoni, mushrooms ham and green pepper. Not a bad meal. "BURP!" Oh, excuse me!.

Comment

Very nice work John .

Comment

Originally posted by dgfred View Post
                Very nice work John .
                Thanks, just some welcome accolades from a mis-spent youth!..

Comment

Originally posted by johnbryan View Post
                  Today, I smoked about 15-lbs of beef jerky in my smoker for my kids,
                  When you visit and we get totally snockered on that scotch I'll fix you up some moose jerky. Great way to fix up moose.

I have learned to cook a pretty acceptable rock salt entombed prime rib as well. It is now our family Christmas dinner. Yum!

Comment

I am limited by my cooking gear, no smoking anything for example. But within those limits anything can be done.
                    Wisdom is personal

Comment

Originally posted by johnbryan View Post
                      Today, I smoked about 15-lbs of beef jerky in my smoker for my kids, followed by prepping about 12-lbs of split chicken breasts for smoking tomorrow for my twins belated 23rd birthday party. We should have a pack of family and friends descend upon our house around then. I will be serving marinated, smoked, split chicken breasts, a cucumber salad with a sour cream and rice vinegar dressing; German potato salad with a pound of fried bacon crumpled up into it and steamed, buttered cabbage. Almost forgot. The wife brought home a take-home, cook and eat pizza from Walmart today, so I doctored it up with the addition of more mozzerella cheese, pepperoni, mushrooms ham and green pepper. Not a bad meal. "BURP!" Oh, excuse me!.

Hmmm....Looks like he's plotting something.

Ahh-Ha!! Found it!!

Comment

I pulled the above up from the "Hey, Texas" thread from 3 years ago.

I have a 3-recipe dish to add that thread. It's a grits, beans, chili bowl that is SO FN incredibly good that it is literally unbelievable. It comes out to be so much more than the sum of its parts, that I just couldn't believe it. I need to post it.
                        Last edited by Cicero; 09 Oct 12, 03:05.

Comment

The last thing I cooked was seafood chowder.
                          Did the stock from shrimp shells, fish bones, celery, leek, ginger, carrot and garlic.

Then the soup from butter,carrots, potatoes, leek, garlic, onion and celery. Mix in some flour, then the stock, let boil/simmer for some time, then mix in some cream, throw in some fish(I just bought some seafood mix from local fish shop, salmon, something smoked and some other fish :P ). Blend everything, then throw in some prawns...just used black pepper and salt for 'spicing'.

Delicious every time. And even better the second day.

EDIT:
                          The reason I blend all the fish is that for example chunks of salmon are usually not that good, but mixed in everything is just perfect.
                          Wisdom is personal

Comment

Originally posted by llkinak View Post
                            When you visit and we get totally snockered on that scotch I'll fix you up some moose jerky. Great way to fix up moose.

I have learned to cook a pretty acceptable rock salt entombed prime rib as well. It is now our family Christmas dinner. Yum!
                            NICE! I look forward to it!.

Comment

Originally posted by Cicero View Post
                              I pulled the above up from the "Hey, Texas" thread from 3 years ago.

I have a 3-recipe dish to add that thread. It's a grits, beans, chili bowl that is SO FN incredibly good that it is literally unbelievable. It comes out to be so much more than the sum of its parts, that I just couldn't believe it. I need to post it.
                              Very impressive!.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X