Any Good Recipes for Pork Chops?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any Good Recipes for Pork Chops?

Their price is attractive because it's cheap meat but I can't figure out how to make them taste good. Please share.

"Artillery adds dignity to what would otherwise be a ugly brawl."
    --Frederick II, King of Prussia

Originally posted by MonsterZero View Post
    Their price is attractive because it's cheap meat but I can't figure out how to make them taste good. Please share.
    I've found it's best not to get too fancy with pork chops. Just grill them. Season with either salt, pepper and rosemary, or just Johnny's seasoning salt. Yum!

Comment

The secret with a good pork chop is to not overcook them.

Just a few minutes per side, depending on thickness. They are perfectly safe to eat if very slightly pink inside.

Personally, I like to brown them a bit on each side, and then simmer in a wild mushroom soup (I prefer Campbell's) for about 10-12 minutes.
      Scientists have announced they've discovered a cure for apathy. However no one has shown the slightest bit of interest !!

Comment

Salt, pepper and papricka.

Au Gartin potatoes, box type make as per instructions. Chop and taters in a baking dish and but in the oven...make sure you turn the oven on.
        "Ask not what your country can do for you"

Left wing, Right Wing same bird that they are killing.

you’re entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts.

Comment

Bread the pork chops, then lightly fry them enough to brown the breading. Then take a baking pan and put Campbell's Cream of Mushroom soup, put the chops in (might have to layer them, putting soup in between each layer) and then pour the rest of the soup on top. Tightly cover with tinfoil and bake at 375 for at least an hour. Doesn't matter if you don't like Cream of Mushroom soup; the soup will come out tasting completely different! This dish = YUM.

-Matt
          SGT, 210th MP Battalion, 2nd MP BDE, MSSG

Fervently PRO-TRUMP, anti-Islam and anti-Steelers!

Comment

Dip the chops in an egg wash and roll them in Italian breadcrumbs. I usually spice mine up with additional mixed Italian herbs, garlic powder, seasoning salt and parmesean cheese mixed into the bread crumbs. Fry the chops in olive oil in a medium heat pan until lightly brown. Place chops on a raised rack in a roaster pan and cover loosely with aluminum foil. Cook the chops in a pre-heated 300 degree F. oven for 45 minutes until done. The meat will be fall off the bone tender and redolent with Italian herbs. They will also be freaking delicious!.
            "Profanity is but a linguistic crutch for illiterate motherbleepers"

Comment

Season top with salt an pepper
              bring to room temp
              butter in the pan
              2 cloves of garlic skin on lightly crushed - in the pan
              whatever fresh herbs you have lightly crushed in your hand - in
              pork chop in season side down
              season the top
              cook, flip pork chop over an rub over with the garlic an herbs
              baste with butter from the pan
              let it rest for 7 mins

now your cheap pork chop taste like a million dollars
              you can make a vinaigrette from the left over garlic an herbs an put over your choice of salad
              You better drop your flag an withdraw.

Comment

Originally posted by Blakdust View Post
                Season top with salt an pepper
                bring to room temp
                butter in the pan
                2 cloves of garlic skin on lightly crushed - in the pan
                whatever fresh herbs you have lightly crushed in your hand - in
                pork chop in season side down
                season the top
                cook, flip pork chop over an rub over with the garlic an herbs
                baste with butter from the pan
                let it rest for 7 mins

now your cheap pork chop taste like a million dollars
                you can make a vinaigrette from the left over garlic an herbs an put over your choice of salad
                I like how you think! Good stuff!

Comment

Get the THICK cut 'Butterflys', pick any of the preceding preps & then grill them over Mesquite!

A quick brush of real butter on the topside as you grill, flip & repeat. The wife sometimes puts just a slight trace of garlic or paprika in the quick brush of butter.

BARELY Butter!

Emphasis on the Mesquite!

On the Plains of Hesitation lie the blackened bones of countless millions who, at the dawn of victory, sat down to rest-and resting... died. Adlai E. Stevenson

ACG History Today

BoRG

Comment

A simple family favorite. Season chops with salt and pepper. Fry in oil until nicely browned on both sides. Serve with biscuits and heated pork and beans that are 'doctored-up' with the addition of ketchup, a small squirt of mustard and some dark brown sugar. Really easy-peasy.

Comment

Don't overcook them to a shoeleather hard white meat.
                      ARRRR! International Talk Like A Pirate Day - September 19th
                      IN MARE IN COELO

Comment

However it's cooked, don't forget the Apple Sauce.
                        "I dogmatise and am contradicted, and in this conflict of opinions and sentiments I find delight".
                        Samuel Johnson.

Comment

Pork Chops with Mustard

6 Table Spoons of Creme fraiche
                          1 Table Spoon DijonMustard
                          20 g of butter
                          4 big Pork shops
                          Salt
                          Pepper

Last edited by PGT Beauregard; 03 Oct 12, 10:53.
                          à vaincre sans péril, on triomphe sans gloire (triumph without peril brings no glory) P. Corneille

Le probleme avec les cons, c'est qu'il ne se fatiguent jamais
                          (The problem with Pr.cks, is that they never get tired ) Michel Audiard

Comment

I don't eat pork chops. I'll eat boneless pork sirloin sometimes with eggs for breakfast. But my thing is getting a huge Boston Butt pork roast, marinate it in my secret marinade and herbs overnight, I've rubbed it with garlic first, then I stick it in the smoker. I get it to where it is soft, and I make pulled pork out of it.
                            This bass guitar kills TERRORISTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by rebpreacher View Post
                              I don't eat pork chops. I'll eat boneless pork sirloin sometimes with eggs for breakfast. But my thing is getting a huge Boston Butt pork roast, marinate it in my secret marinade and herbs overnight, I've rubbed it with garlic first, then I stick it in the smoker. I get it to where it is soft, and I make pulled pork out of it.
                              Are you good at pulling pork?
                              "Ask not what your country can do for you"

Left wing, Right Wing same bird that they are killing.

you’re entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X