Mens Health

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mens Health

A thread dedicated to mens health, and name any issues here.

I'll start - multivitamins - good or bad?
    http://health.usnews.com/health-news...do-they-work-2
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/ar...es-health.html
    How to Talk to a Climate Skeptic: http://grist.org/series/skeptics/
    Global Warming & Climate Change Myths: https://www.skepticalscience.com/argument.php

1 a day for me... makes up for not liking veggies and that kind of good stuff.

Now, supplements I'm not so sure of.
    SPORTS FREAK/ PANZERBLITZ COMMANDER/ CC2 COMMANDER

Comment

I take a vitamin C tablet every day plus low dose aspirin plus Omega 3 fish oil capsules. The latter are said to have the potential of preventing death from just about everything.

Philip
      "The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts." Bertrand Russell

Comment

I try to take multivitamins daily but keep forgetting, but this is only due to a slight Vitamin B deficiency I encounter from time to time. My work requires a lot of physical exertion so every little bit helps I guess, things like strong coffee don't give me that buzz to keep going, yet I still enjoy the taste of it first thing in the morning.
        "In modern war... you will die like a dog for no good reason."
        Ernest Hemingway.

Comment

I do the vitamin C and iron supplament. I also try to drink a glas off of OJ once a day

Comment

Yup - a daily multi for me - the men's formula though, with no iron...also a natural D(tocopherol) 2400mg of fishoil, a baby aspirin and two naproxin(works great for the old knees)
            ARRRR! International Talk Like A Pirate Day - September 19th
            IN MARE IN COELO

Comment

I don't take anything...shame on you pillpoppers.
              Wisdom is personal

Comment

I take in order
                B vitamins
                Magnesium
                B-12
                Chromium
                Vitamin E
                Vitamin D
                Vitamin C
                Flax seed oil
                Feverfew(herb for migraines)
                Fenugreek(herb for allergies)
                A baby aspirin and all the other crap I now have to take.
                I also don't use any salt.
                This bass guitar kills TERRORISTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

I try to get the vitamins needed through diet. I like fruit juices and eating fruits. Also I like peppers like serranos which are loaded with Vitamin C. The thing to remember about Vitamin C is that your body can't store it, so I think anything over 100% RDA just goes out in your pee.

Comment

It all boils down to your diet. Most healthy diets give you all your daily vitamins and minerals. A lot of people don't get enough Niacin or Folic Acid. I made sure my supplement (One a Day for Men) has them. Because of my Diabetes treatments I also take a low dose aspirin and a Potassium horse pill! Man that thing sometimes dissolves in my mouth and is nasty!

Pruitt
                    Pruitt, you are truly an expert! Kelt06

Have you been struck by the jawbone of an ASS lately?

by Khepesh "This is the logic of Pruitt"

Comment

I eat fruits sometimes more than veggies, and I prefer uncooked to cooked, unless it is green beans, peas, like that. I like raw brussels sprouts, tomatoes, green peppers(not hot) carrots, I also like my potatoes cooked. Turnips and Potatoes that my granddad calls 'Neeps and Tatties' are terrific.

Comment

There is Potassium and Folic in my B-vitamin.

Originally posted by Pruitt View Post
                        It all boils down to your diet. Most healthy diets give you all your daily vitamins and minerals. A lot of people don't get enough Niacin or Folic Acid. I made sure my supplement (One a Day for Men) has them. Because of my Diabetes treatments I also take a low dose aspirin and a Potassium horse pill! Man that thing sometimes dissolves in my mouth and is nasty!

Pruitt

Comment

There is some Potassium in my One a Day as well, but the Diuretic means I pass it away quick..

Pruitt
                          Pruitt, you are truly an expert! Kelt06

Have you been struck by the jawbone of an ASS lately?

by Khepesh "This is the logic of Pruitt"

Comment

Originally posted by Nick the Noodle View Post
                            A thread dedicated to mens health, and name any issues here.

I'll start - multivitamins - good or bad?
                            http://health.usnews.com/health-news...do-they-work-2
                            http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/ar...es-health.html
                            I take them only when I'm not able to eat right. I have recently heard that some vitamins can cause problems. For example... vitamin E can increase prostate cancer up to 60% in men... don't quote me on this because it is from memory. Eating right is always the better option.
                            My worst jump story:
                            My 13th jump was on the 13th day of the month, aircraft number 013.
                            As recorded on my DA Form 1307 Individual Jump Log.
                            No lie.

~
                            "Everything looks all right. Have a good jump, eh."
                            -2 Commando Jumpmaster

Comment

One of my uncles has had prostrate cancer for 10 years. It has not grown, but it has shrunk. He takes Saw Palmetto herb. He swears by it. As long as he's okay and actually healthy, I ain't complaining.

Originally posted by 101combatvet View Post
                              I take them only when I'm not able to eat right. I have recently heard that some vitamins can cause problems. For example... vitamin E can increase prostate cancer up to 60% in men... don't quote me on this because it is from memory. Eating right is always the better option.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X