This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Blues Fan Club

Started a new thread after I (being a novice) started this thing in the introduction section. Thought we needed a thread for the Blues guys and gals that wasn't necessarily about blues icons. This could also be a place for blues-rock and country-blues. Welcome, open a beer and listen to some tunes.
    "The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made."
    — Groucho Marx

Oreo Cookie Blues

Lonnie Mack teamed up with Stevie Ray Vaughn for this song. Here they perform it with acoustic guitars.

"The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made."
    — Groucho Marx

Comment

Gov't Mule - Mother Earth

Great idea for a thread.

Any metaphor will tear if stretched over too much reality.

Questions about our site? See the FAQ.

Comment

Two Versions

Comment

AHIKS - Play by (E)mail board wargaming since 1965.
          The Blitz - Play by Email computer wargaming.

Comment

Jim Suhler

Comment

Definitely like me some Stevie Ray Vaughan tightrope and crossfire are a couple of my favs.

Comment

Originally posted by Terri_Tsu View Post
                Definitely like me some Stevie Ray Vaughan tightrope and crossfire are a couple of my favs.
                How about Give Me Back My Wig? I just acquired this video of Montreux from '82 & '85. In '82, SRV was unknown outside of Austin, yet he was booked at the blues night at Montreux. I was shocked that he was being booed. There is SRV on stage playing for all he's worth, and the Euros are booing him. Couldn't believe it.

I saw him in '85. I had a Dutch girlfriend at the time, and she DID NOT WANT TO SEE HIM. I dragged her, as I went to see all her New Wave acts. I don't understand Europeans sometimes.

Here ya go, Terri.

— Groucho Marx

Comment

Here's Popa Chubby doing "Grown ma's Cryin' Blues"

[/QUOTE

Lil' Ed & The Blues Imperial - he loves to go into the audience and play.

[/QUOTE]
                  "The journey is the reward" - Steve Jobs

Comment

Originally posted by Terri_Tsu View Post
                    Here you go Stevie Ray Vaughan doing Tightrope

[/QUOTE]

and Crossfire

[/QUOTE]
                    "The journey is the reward" - Steve Jobs

Comment

Originally posted by randrmd View Post
                      Lil' Ed & The Blues Imperial - he loves to go into the audience and play.

WOW! Lil' Ed is a very little guy...you can really tell when you see him go into the audience.

Oh, and yeah...this group is great!
                      "Stand for the flag ~ Kneel for the fallen"

"A wise man can learn more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer." ~ Bruce Lee

Comment

I would like to share a vid of 2 of my favorite musicians...among many, of course.

Buddy Guy and Carlos Santana jamming at the 1982 Drinkin' TNT 'n' Smokin' Dynamite (live) Montreax Jazz Fest. Santana & Buddy speaks Blues fluently.

"A wise man can learn more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer." ~ Bruce Lee

Comment

Buddy Guy was ranked 13th in Rolling Stone magazine's list of the "100 Greatest Guitarists of All Time". He has not only played with the most influential musicians but Buddy Guy's songs have been covered by Led Zeppelin, Eric Clapton, the Rolling Stones, Stevie Ray Vaughan, John Mayall, Jack Bruce, and others.

His signature guitar licks can easily lull me into a "blues" trance.

Comment

Damn Right I Got the Blues

Buddy Guy, what an inspiring player. I saw him, he was opening for George Thorogood and he was so hot, poor ol' George had a heck of a time winning over the audience after that. Anything after Buddy's guitar is anti-climactic.

— Groucho Marx

Comment

Professor longhair - Tipitina

à vaincre sans péril, on triomphe sans gloire (triumph without peril brings no glory) P. Corneille

Le probleme avec les cons, c'est qu'il ne se fatiguent jamais
                              (The problem with Pr.cks, is that they never get tired ) Michel Audiard

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X