Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What makes you actually LIKE the song(s)?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What makes you actually LIKE the song(s)?

As I type, I have the Hatsune Miku concert playing in a window. I have listened to it now hmm ok almost daily. And it's 2 hours long eh.

I do not speak Japanese, hasn't seemed to matter a damn. Sure the video is fun to watch, but the resolution is tight, so it's limited to the default opening size essentially. But I am usually doing something else, and might not even be at the computer.

The songs range all over in type. Slow and fast, soft and loud.
    But I really can't be listening to the lyrics, because well there is no point

But it isn't just some singing, and that is the key detail. Damn the band is so good. Pretty impressive too for being able to sync up with an image that obviously has to be controlled fairly closely. I mean these guys are performing for a computer image singer that acts likes she's really there. Mid point she even introduces the band members by name. Not bad for an image that had to be pre recorded somehow.

I've already heard people scoff at the fact 'oh it is just a synth voice'. Hey it's still damned good for an artificial voice. And I've certainly heard a lot of very 'forgettable' organic singers.
    She does this one tune as if she is speed singing. Amusing of course, because really, she can sing as fast as she pleases. But she actually makes it look 'difficult' for herself to sing it. Hell she seems to have better stage presence than a lot of actual people.

If I sound weird for liking this stuff well what can I say, I've yet to get a grip on why anyone can enjoy the rude nasty hateful lousy poetry of conventional cRap Music eh.
    Not that I hate all rap, I guess there is always a small percentage that is possible. A friend the other day showed me a tune by a chap (they call him the new Bob Marley) who had a fairly ok tune from which he has donated all proceeds from it for the situation in Haiti.

Anyway, I've found myself liking some very unlikely tunes over the last 10 years.But I've always had some odd reason for liking it I suppose.
    Life is change. Built models for decades.
    Not sure anyone here actually knows the real me.
    I didn't for a long time either.

I like my music to say something, even if it's only 'Baby I miss you, please come back', and say it with conviction. I don't like Rap but at least there are artists working in that field that have something to say. Pop music is blander than ever but fortunately utterly forgettable.
    Signing out.

Comment

Originally posted by Full Monty View Post
      I like my music to say something, even if it's only 'Baby I miss you, please come back', and say it with conviction. I don't like Rap but at least there are artists working in that field that have something to say. Pop music is blander than ever but fortunately utterly forgettable.
      There seems to be very little Modern music(?) that lingers on, quite a few good voices but unless they perform one of the older numbers in the majority of the cases they are singing and wasting their voices on rubbish. As for rap, often a good beat but very little music. Something to say? Yes, I suppose so, if you can understand half of what they are saying!
      'By Horse by Tram'.

I was in when they needed 'em,not feeded 'em.
      " Youuu 'Orrible Lot!"

Comment

Originally posted by lcm1 View Post
        There seems to be very little Modern music(?) that lingers on, quite a few good voices but unless they perform one of the older numbers in the majority of the cases they are singing and wasting their voices on rubbish. As for rap, often a good beat but very little music. Something to say? Yes, I suppose so, if you can understand half of what they are saying!
        As an aside, or at least a partial one, I talk to a lot of young musicians and I think it's significant that many of them turn to the music of the late 60s and early 70s for inspiration. They find it says so much more than contemporary rock music does! At least it gives us common ground to talk about music rather than having that awkward generational thing.
        Signing out.

Comment

I think it is neat that in all this time, the big names of the 60s and 70s have yet to be bested enough that they are no longer used as yard sticks.

My fav super group is Rush unique also because they were great and still are great as they are still performing and producing new content.
          Life is change. Built models for decades.
          Not sure anyone here actually knows the real me.
          I didn't for a long time either.

Comment

Generally speaking,it's the instrumental talent that appeals the most to me.But lyrics and vocal talent take a very close second.
            ALL LIVES SPLATTER!

BLACK JEEPS MATTER!

BLACK MOTORCYCLES MATTER!

Comment

Originally posted by Gixxer86g View Post
              Generally speaking,it's the instrumental talent that appeals the most to me.
              Do you play an instrument? If not, how do you relate to the instrumental talent? If you do play, how do you cross over your understanding of your instrument to another? It took me several years of playing before I could talk to keyboardists or saxophonists and arrange their parts into a song.
              Signing out.

Comment

It took me
                several years of playing
                before I could talk to keyboardists or saxophonists and arrange their parts into a song.
                Me too Kevin...

New band happening, that explains my absence around here...there's only so much "me" time

Cheers, Ron
                48 trips 'round the sun on this sh*tball we call home...and still learning...
                __________________________________________________ __________________

Comment

Originally posted by iron View Post
                  Me too Kevin...

New band happening, that explains my absence around here...there's only so much "me" time

Cheers, Ron
                  I'm glad you found time to post. Good luck with the new band.
                  Signing out.

Comment

Do you play an instrument? If not, how do you relate to the instrumental talent? If you do play, how do you cross over your understanding of your instrument to another? It took me several years of playing before I could talk to keyboardists or saxophonists and arrange their parts into a song.
                    I play a bit of keyboards.I learned enough to gain an appreciation for the talents of musicians.But I'm really not that good.Not everyone who is capable of appreciating great instrumental talent is a musician themselves.

And good luck with the new band,Iron!
                    ALL LIVES SPLATTER!

BLACK JEEPS MATTER!

BLACK MOTORCYCLES MATTER!

Comment

Originally posted by Gixxer86g View Post
                      I play a bit of keyboards.I learned enough to gain an appreciation for the talents of musicians.But I'm really not that good.Not everyone who is capable of appreciating great instrumental talent is a musician themselves.
                      I totally agree, but I'm interested in how a non-musician can really tell what is genuinely class musicianship as against what is just 'guff'. Maybe that's for another thread though.
                      Signing out.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                      X