ACG Members Favorite music

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ACG Members Favorite music

You know, all of us here are obviously history buffs, but I'm sure our music tastes differ greatly, tell me some of you favorite bands, I'm curious to know.

Here's mine:
    Nirvana
    Tool
    Mudvayne
    Metallica
    Slayer
    Pantera
    Hatebreed
    Chimaira
    Hell was full, so I came back.

Genesis
    Pink Floyd
    Led Zeppelin
    Peter Gabriel
    Jethro Tull
    AC/DC
    Amanda Marshall
    Sarah MacLaughlin
    Rolling Stones
    Great Big Sea
    The Doors
    Scientists have announced they've discovered a cure for apathy. However no one has shown the slightest bit of interest !!

Comment

Talking Heads
      Ramones
      Joy Division
      Blondie
      The Cardigans
      Siouxie and the Banshees
      Led Zeppelin (!)
      Hank Williams (Sr.)
      CDB
      Berlioz
      Wagner
      Old country songs from the '70's like "Funny Face" by Donna Fargo and "Why me, Lord?"
      Garbage
      Paul McCartney and Wings (Band on the Run and before only)

argh

The list could go on forever.

I'm either eclectic or unselective.

Oh, and I like Scottish bagpipe music too

Comment

Right now I am hooked on a Live365 radio station that plays a techno music with mix of arabic and middle eastern influences called Arabix. Some good ones are Natacha Atlas, Karsh Kale, Transglobal Underground, Talvin Singh, etc. If you are familiar with these groups give me a PM. :thumb:

My more mainstream listening includes Cabaret Voltaire, Skinny Puppy, Delerium, Paul Oakenfold, etc.

Oh, not mainstream enough? :P How about New Order, REM, U2, Dido, Britney Spears, 10,000 Maniacs, etc.

Oh, did I say Britney? :crazy:

Our forefathers died to give us freedom, not free stuff.

I write books about zombies as E.E. Isherwood. Check me out at ZombieBooks.net.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian King
          Right now I am hooked on a Live365 radio station that plays a techno music with mix of arabic and middle eastern influences called Arabix. Some good ones are Natacha Atlas, Karsh Kale, Transglobal Underground, Talvin Singh, etc. If you are familiar with these groups give me a PM. :thumb:

My more mainstream listening includes Cabaret Voltaire, Skinny Puppy, Delerium, Paul Oakenfold, etc.

Oh, not mainstream enough? :P How about New Order, REM, U2, Dido, Britney Spears, 10,000 Maniacs, etc.

Oh, did I say Britney? :crazy:

I am big into techno/club/trance/house and wish I still had a good club to go to. Alas I am too old. But I love good dance music and a good DJ throbbing all night long.

Comment

judging by what I've read, it looks like I'm the one who listens to the violent music, has anyone even heard of my bands. I do like LEd Zeppelin, ac/dc and old 70s stuff even though it was before my time. i also like hank sr and hank jr. but other than that i hate country, i also hate rap and pop music.

Comment

Glad you asked :thumb:

damb mya looks good holy crow

Comment

I am big into techno/club/trance/house and wish I still had a good club to go to. Alas I am too old. But I love good dance music and a good DJ throbbing all night long.

I hear ya, bro. Techno is awesome. I'm 31 but I ain't too old dambit. I'm waiting for a call and ima go clubbin'.

Comment

Come on somebodys got to be into heavy metal, i cannot be the only one here that enjoy thrash, death, punk or speed metal. somebody back me up.

Comment

I like Black Sabbath. Does that count?

I liked Henry Rollins for a time.

The Sex Pistols are definitely punk.

Dead Kennedys are close.

Hmm.

I like Soundgarden.

Then again on the other hand, Chicken Salad is a complete wuss who listens to girly music.

Comment

I like a lot movie musics. Otherwise it is Led Zeppelin, Deep Purple, Jethro Tull... And some German music like Klaus Schulze and Tangerime Dream.

LaPalice.
                      Monsieur de La Palice est mort
                      Mort devant Pavie.
                      Un quart d'heure avant sa mort
                      Il était encore en vie...

Comment

I like two kinds of music. Country and Western.

Comment

Originally posted by erwin_rommel
                          Come on somebodys got to be into heavy metal, i cannot be the only one here that enjoy thrash, death, punk or speed metal. somebody back me up.
                          Black Sabbath's Iommi Tops Guitar Greats List

LOS ANGELES (Reuters) - Here's one "guitar greats" list that Jimi Hendrix (news) did not top: "the 100 greatest metal guitarists of all time."

According to Guitar World magazine, the No. 1 metal guitarist is Tony Iommi, the God-fearing axeman with pioneering English heavy metal band Black Sabbath.

Six musicians claimed the next four spots: Metallica (news - web sites)'s James Hetfield and Kirk Hammett tied at No. 2; AC/DC siblings Angus and Malcolm Young at No. 3; Randy Rhoads (news), the late sideman for Ozzy Osbourne, at No. 4; and Eddie Van Halen (news), of the foursome that bears his name, at No. 5. Hendrix was No. 12, six places behind Led Zeppelin's Jimmy Page (news).

The list appears in the magazine's March issue, which hits newsstands next week.

According to Guitar World editor-in-chief Brad Tolinski, the criteria for the list were purity and innovation. He said Iommi never strayed from a basic formula of B-tuned guitars played very loudly, plenty of power chords and slower rhythms.

"He's essentially the guy that created most of the conventions for heavy metal," Tolinski said. Iommi's "shining moment" is the track "Warning" from the band's self-titled 1970 debut album, according to the poll.

If Black Sabbath started the heavy metal ball rolling, then Metallica kept it alive, Tolinski said, pointing to the 1984 track "Creeping Death" as the band's stand-out.

Page's relatively low No. 6 ranking raised some eyebrows since Led Zeppelin also helped pave the way for heavy metal. But Tolinski said Page would be the first to admit that his playing also incorporates blues and folk. Similarly, Eddie Van Halen has always had a foot in the pop world, he added.

Hendrix, who died in 1970, introduced some of the genre's conventions, but Tolinski termed him more of a "futuristic blues player" than a heavy metal guitarist.

Reuters/VNU

Comment

Re: ACG Members Favorite music

Originally posted by erwin_rommel
                            You know, all of us here are obviously history buffs, but I'm sure our music tastes differ greatly, tell me some of you favorite bands, I'm curious to know.

Here's mine:
                            Nirvana
                            Tool
                            Mudvayne
                            Metallica
                            Slayer
                            Pantera
                            Hatebreed
                            Chimaira
                            Good question, Erwin!

Let's see:

Floyd
                            Zep
                            AC/DC
                            Genesis/Collins/Gabriel
                            Supertramp
                            Alan Parsons Project
                            Tragically Hip
                            Stones
                            Doors
                            Tull
                            Sabbath

Along with a moderate mix of new music. I like a bit of classical, a bit of country, a bit of alternative, etc. But classic rock seems to be a big favorite.
                            "When I am abroad I always make it a rule never to criticize or attack the Government of my country. I make up for lost time when I am at home."

Winston Churchill

Comment

Originally posted by Igotmilk™
                              and a good DJ throbbing all night long.
                              That sounds more like something one of the club groupies should be saying!
                              "When I am abroad I always make it a rule never to criticize or attack the Government of my country. I make up for lost time when I am at home."

Winston Churchill

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X