Worst All-Time Rock Song

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Worst All-Time Rock Song

This thread is in response to the numerous best-of threads.

What is your all-time worst song? What song drives you insane every time you hear? Makes you want to stab screwdrivers into your ears just to stop the pain? And please no picking William Shatner's Lucy In The Sky With Diamonds or anything along those lines, they are supposed to be bad. I'm talking about a legit group or artist that released a true stinker that you cannot stand.

I'll start off: My nomination for the worst song of all-time is "Do Ya Think I'm Sexy" by Rod Stewart. This song is beyond words so I won't even bore everyone with my description of it. It's just horrendous especially when compared to his earlier work like "Every Picture Tells A Story" and "Cut Across Shorty". And he's done nothing to correct this monstrosity in the 30 years or so it's been out. Someone please put the man out of our misery.
    Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.

Anything by Lenny Kravitz. Or Phil Collins.

Comment

Stairway to Heaven...Apart from Black Dog and Rock & Roll...I pretty well hate Led Zepplin...Every time I hear Stairway to Heaven...I have to either turn the radio off, change the station or cover my ears...

Now...I do like Stairway to Gilligan's Island though...
      Watts Up With That? | The world's most viewed site on global warming and climate change.

Comment

Don't Fear the Reaper... UGH!!!!!!
        Publisher
        Armchair General Magazine
        Weider History Group

Comment

"Don't Pay the Ferryman"

Pew...

"Horse With No Name"

Yuck....

And any of the really dumb one's with super simplistic hooks that even though you hate them gets caught in your brain on a continuous loop like "Micky" or "Saturday Night"...
          ACG QUOTE OF THE WEEK:
          ¿Cualquier persona fija en el nude? Slug

Comment

Originally posted by The Doctor View Post
            Stairway to Heaven...Apart from Black Dog and Rock & Roll...I pretty well hate Led Zepplin...Every time I hear Stairway to Heaven...I have to either turn the radio off, change the station or cover my ears...

You have to be kidding!
            ACG QUOTE OF THE WEEK:

Comment

Originally posted by Eric Weider View Post
              Don't Fear the Reaper... UGH!!!!!!
              I'm telling ya you're gonna want that Cowbell!!!

Worst: Bobby McFerrin's "Dont Worry be happy". This song is evil!!!
              "The Eastern front is like a house of cards. If the front is broken through at one point all the rest will collapse."- General Heinz Guderian

"Oakland Raiders: Committed to Excellence"

Comment

'American Pie' by Don McLean. Just horrible ..... makes me want to kill any busker who insists on performing it ....... expurgated or not.

http://www.don-mclean.com/americanpie.asp
                Signing out.

Comment

Somewhere in a box, I have a cassette tape of Iron Butterfly's "In-A-Gadda-Da-Vida" album.

Title track is great.

All the other songs on the album... *shudder*
                  "I am not an atomic playboy."
                  Vice Admiral William P. Blandy

Comment

Bryan Adams......I hit the channel changer on the radio every time I hear ANY of his songs......

Sorry guys...I NEVER expected to see Stairway and Dont Fear here in this list....I am shocked Oh well...it happens..... Everyone has there songs they hate someone will gig me cuz I said Bryan Adams and he may be one of Their FAVS......
                    Now it's ten years later but he still keeps up the fight
                    In Ireland, in Lebanon, in Palestine and Berkeley
                    Patty Hearst heard the burst of Roland's Thompson gun and bought it

Comment

Originally posted by The Doctor View Post

Now...I do like Stairway to Gilligan's Island though...
                      Did you always hate it or was it just overplayed? Some songs get played to death and you start to hate a song that you first liked, although you did specify you don't like Led Zeppelin. To each his own.

The Doctor has given me a thought and I'll slag another old warhorse and it's "Freebird". I never liked this song and it's way too freaking long. Of course when I'm driving up to the warehouse at 3 a.m., invariably some numbskull requests it and they play it. How could you possibly need to hear that POS for the millionth time?

Comment

anything by the Beach Boys.

Comment

revans they play Lynyrd Skynyrd around he SO much I am even beginning to not like em and I LIKE em! It got so bad some local guy wrote a spoof song "Can Ya Play Some Lynyrd Skynyrd, Please!" It made it on airplay around here for a while too, but NO ONE got the hint!!!! They are still overkilling it! And one radio station in the area used to only play the same 300 songs over and over again....and 200 of them songs we Elton John songs I swear!!!!

I am beginning to believe, that Classic radio is killing itself...with all the good old classic songs and bands out there they could dust off and spin every now and then....they keep playin the same ones over and over!!!!
                          Now it's ten years later but he still keeps up the fight
                          In Ireland, in Lebanon, in Palestine and Berkeley
                          Patty Hearst heard the burst of Roland's Thompson gun and bought it

Comment

PM, what you are saying is only too true. Case in point, the wife and I were sitting around drinking a few homemade cold ones and listening to the radio and we called and requested "Cowboy Song" by Thin Lizzy. They wouldn't play it. We then asked for "D.O.A" by Van Halen. Guess what? They wouldn't play it. We tried to get some Blackfoot played, no dice. We hung up and put a CD on. STALE, STALE, STALE!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by panzermacher View Post
                              revans they play Lynyrd Skynyrd around he SO much I am even beginning to not like em and I LIKE em! It got so bad some local guy wrote a spoof song "Can Ya Play Some Lynyrd Skynyrd, Please!" It made it on airplay around here for a while too, but NO ONE got the hint!!!!
                              Speaking of which, ever hear the parody "Gimmie 12 Steps" or the one from AC/DC, "Dirty Deeds Done With Sheep."

Funny as hell.
                              ACG QUOTE OF THE WEEK:

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• casanova
                                Berlin.1945
                                by casanova
                                The Sowjet T-34 tank against a German Tiger tank in Berlin in the II World War in 1945. ...
                                Yesterday, 23:41
                              • casanova
                                AW 169M
                                by casanova
                                The Austrian minister of defence Klaudia Tanner declared the buy of 18 Italian military helicopters of the type AW 169M for the Austrian army, the Bundesheer....
                                Yesterday, 23:26
                              • JBark
                                What changed?
                                by JBark
                                There was a time not too long ago when this forum was full of discussion, multiple posts, votes and involved discussions on the best of the war, etc.,...
                                Yesterday, 18:54
                              Working...
                              X