Prince Dead at age 57

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Prince Dead at age 57

Dead at 57, found dead at his Paisley Park home.

Prince was hospitalized last week after his plane for was forced to make an emergency landing in Moline, Ill. Released a few hours later, a rep told TMZ that he had been battling a bad case of the flu.
    http://www.billboard.com/articles/ne...22/prince-dead
    "Stand for the flag ~ Kneel for the fallen"

"A wise man can learn more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer." ~ Bruce Lee

Prince Dead at age 57

I swear he looked no more than 25...

Comment

We are crying all here.
      He was a living legend in France.
      An incredible little big man.
      The soundtrack of my youthness.
      That rug really tied the room together

Comment

Prince Rogers Nelson was a genius, he could play all of his instruments...on some of his songs he did just that. He was a brilliant and talented musician. Sure he was strange character but so are many other musicians. God gave him an amazing gift. Prince made music, he sang and wrote great lyrics...he also took time to develop and nurtured young artists. He will be missed.
        Last edited by Persephone; 21 Apr 16, 13:25.

"A wise man can learn more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer." ~ Bruce Lee

Comment

Was he a "Christian Scientist"?
          ARRRR! International Talk Like A Pirate Day - September 19th
          IN MARE IN COELO

Comment

Ye gods they're dropping like flies - I don't know if the fact that so many are younger than me should worry me or not.
            Human history becomes more and more a race between education and catastrophe (H G Wells)
            Mit der Dummheit kaempfen Goetter selbst vergebens (Friedrich von Schiller)

Comment

My best friend saw him on 3 different evenings in London some years ago ,in a cabaret with 300 persons around him and Prince alone playing the piano..
              That rug really tied the room together

Comment

He was on tour and had been feeling ill. He cancelled a couple of shows due to his illness. He should have just cut the tour short and took care of his health.

Comment

Originally posted by Persephone View Post
                  He was on tour and had been feeling ill. He cancelled a couple of shows due to his illness. He should have just cut the tour short and took care of his health.
                  Dedication to his fans.
                  My worst jump story:
                  My 13th jump was on the 13th day of the month, aircraft number 013.
                  As recorded on my DA Form 1307 Individual Jump Log.
                  No lie.

~
                  "Everything looks all right. Have a good jump, eh."
                  -2 Commando Jumpmaster

Comment

One of the top 3 Superbowl halftime shows...ever. It was perfect for him to sing Purple Rain in heavy rain. Poseidon must be a Prince fan too!

Last edited by Persephone; 21 Apr 16, 13:25.

Comment

RIP Prince...
                      ARRRR! International Talk Like A Pirate Day - September 19th
                      IN MARE IN COELO

Comment

Originally posted by sebfrench76 View Post
                        My best friend saw him on 3 different evenings in London some years ago ,in a cabaret with 300 persons around him and Prince alone playing the piano..
                        I ran into him going to his tour bus in front of a hotel I was staying at in DC. We exchanged greetings. As I walked into the hotel the staff was talking about him staying there, I thought to myself... no ****.

Yes, he was a really little guy.
                        My worst jump story:
                        My 13th jump was on the 13th day of the month, aircraft number 013.
                        As recorded on my DA Form 1307 Individual Jump Log.
                        No lie.

~
                        "Everything looks all right. Have a good jump, eh."
                        -2 Commando Jumpmaster

Comment

There are a lot of people weeping in Hollywood today and for good reason. Many of them wouldn't have decent careers if not for the likes of him who pushed the boundaries of music beyond the usual genres. I liked him and his music not because it or he was so atypical but he lived in Minnesota as an independent man and wasn't a Hollywood troll like so many musicians can be.

Comment

yet another genuine muscian bights the dust, to be replaced by industry manufactured 'celebrities' who can play and compose nothing at all.
                            My Articles, ALMOST LIVE, exclusive to The Armchair!

Soviet Submarines in WW2....The Mythology of Shiloh....(Edited) Both Sides of the Warsaw Ghetto
                            GULAG Glossary....Who Really Killed The Red Baron?....Pearl Harbor At 75
                            Lincoln-Douglas Debates

Comment

I always appreciated Prince, and have 3 of this songs on my Monster Mix for the days when big things have to happen. I didn't know I'd upset when he passed...but I'm a little upset. I guess I'll have to strategically educate my niece and nephew about his wonderful music, so it lives on.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X