Greatest Aussie Rock Bands

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Greatest Aussie Rock Bands

Not sure if this has been covered before but I was wondering if you lads from down under wouldn't mind helping us round out some of the greatest bands from Australia.
    "War is hell, but actual combat is a motherf#cker"
    - Col. David Hackworth

It begins and ends with AC/DC
    Scientists have announced they've discovered a cure for apathy. However no one has shown the slightest bit of interest !!

Comment

AC/DC was best. Heaven was good. INXS for not totally rock, was excellent. INXS' song with Jimmy Barnes in The Lost Boys.

This bass guitar kills TERRORISTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

AC/DC yes but I am sure there have been some other great acts to come from there. Heaven and INXS noted.
        - Col. David Hackworth

Comment

Some well known bands.

Midnight Oil, Divinyls, Hoodoo Gurus, Hunters & Collectors, The Angels, Australian Crawl, The Church, The Mark of Cain, Silverchair, Powderfinger, The Living End, Little River band, Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds, INXS, Paul Kelly, and Noiseworks.
          "In modern war... you will die like a dog for no good reason."
          Ernest Hemingway.

"We're all going to die, all of us; what a circus! That alone should make us love each other, but it doesn't. We are terrorised and flattened by trivialities."
          Bukowski

Comment

Hunters and Collectors
            Hoodoo Gurus
            The Cruel Sea (I highly recommend "The Honeymoon is over" for anyone that hasn't heard them)
            Oils (good music even if they were commie scum sellouts)
            Paul Kelly (not a band but a great rock act. Captures the essence of Oz)
            Icehouse
            Cold Chisel
            Divinyls (a few here would be familiar with the song "I touch myself". A few more would be well advised to give it a rest)
            James Reyne and / or Australian Crawl (good luck figuring out what he actually sings. It sounds good but he seems to make up his own language)
            Powderfinger (a very underated band IMO)
            Crowded House
            Mental as Anything
            Silverchair (one hit wonders IMO but plenty of other people like them)

That should get you started (and also make you realise that I don't listen to much post 1999).
            Matthew 5:9 Blessed are the cheesemakers

That's right bitches. I'm blessed!

Comment

Midnight Oil were great, but I do feel they have no cred now that Peter Garret is a politician... so many years biting the hand that fed them, and now Peter feeds himself.
              Ernest Hemingway.

"We're all going to die, all of us; what a circus! That alone should make us love each other, but it doesn't. We are terrorised and flattened by trivialities."
              Bukowski

Comment

Originally posted by Rojik View Post
                Hunters and Collectors
                Hoodoo Gurus
                The Cruel Sea (I highly recommend "The Honeymoon is over" for anyone that hasn't heard them)
                Oils (good music even if they were commie scum sellouts)
                Paul Kelly (not a band but a great rock act. Captures the essence of Oz)
                Icehouse
                Cold Chisel
                Divinyls (a few here would be familiar with the song "I touch myself". A few more would be well advised to give it a rest)
                James Reyne and / or Australian Crawl (good luck figuring out what he actually sings. It sounds good but he seems to make up his own language)
                Powderfinger (a very underated band IMO)
                Crowded House
                Mental as Anything
                Silverchair (one hit wonders IMO but plenty of other people like them)

That should get you started (and also make you realise that I don't listen to much post 1999).
                Cold Chisel definitely, I'm surprised I forgot them... but, they were never a personal favourite of mine, yet they produced some good music.
                Ernest Hemingway.

Bukowski

Comment

How could I forget Crowed House? I really enjoy their music. Thanks for the list guys. Time to find them on YouTube.
                  - Col. David Hackworth

Comment

Shame on you Aussies! All of you left out Rose Tattoo.

Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.

Comment

Well, I see where the name 'tattoo' fits in from that picture.
                      - Col. David Hackworth

Comment

Anyone like Wolfmother?

Comment

I am gonna be one nasty Aussie and declare that AC/DC although formed in Australia from immigrant families has for a long time never been Australian.

They moved to the USA over 30 years ago stating that Australia was far to small for a major band such as AC/DC, most of their songs since the move to the USA are American inspired.

They call America home, not Australia.

Comment

To add the best band ever in Australia was Alchemist.

Comment

Dammit.I forgot Midnight Oil, Crowded House, Icehouse, Rose Tattoo, Little River Band, and Wolfmother, I've seen most of these and had some of their music. I can NEVER forget The Divinyls. That er, song, in a quiz once, called ironically, 'Your Stripper Theme Song' I took the quiz, and damn if it didn't come back I Touch Myself. Eh? It said I was so full of myself that this song was the only thing it could possibly be. Okay, yeah, right. I didn't think so.
                              This bass guitar kills TERRORISTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X