The Bottom Line

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Bottom Line

Reb's bassist thread got me thinking. So, best bass lines?

...how useless it was to struggle against fortune, this being the burden of wisdom which the ages had bequeathed to him.

The bassist leaves you with some tasty tidbits til later.
    This bass guitar kills TERRORISTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

...how useless it was to struggle against fortune, this being the burden of wisdom which the ages had bequeathed to him.

Comment

I have to say it. When I saw the title 'The Bottom Line I was in a rather playful mood and my identical cousin and I was talking goofy crap. I said something about something on a commercial, what he came back with I wasn't ready for it, and blammo. He also turns the channel on the tv and I have no clue what he's doing, I wasn't paying attention. I read out loud 'The Bottom Line' My weird-ass identical cousin by 2 years says

"Cause Stone Cold says so."

He catches me every time. Maybe a good thing we never grew up together. I'd be bald by now scratching my head.
        Last edited by rebpreacher; 05 Sep 12, 22:18. Reason: Edited cause I was eating at the time and messed up.

Comment

Have to believe this would be in the discussion...

"War is sorrowful, but there is one thing infinitely more horrible than the worst horrors of war, and that is the feeling that nothing is worth fighting for..."
          -- Harper's Weekly, December 31, 1864

Comment

Comment

Comment

Stone Cold DOES say so!

And believe you me. This was 1981. It has ALREADY happened, or WILL or IS happening.

Roger Glover's bass drives this song.

Comment

I hadn't heard this in years, then my cousin plays this CD for me on the trip today. Listen with an open mind. The bass is REALLY good. And YES HE plays it.

http://mp3lemon.org/song/368953/ZZ_T...The_Bus_Medley

Sorry, only place I found it. It thumps the truck!

Comment

That is on a tribute to ZZ Top by Country artists. Some are quite good.

Comment

Iron Maiden's "Rime of the Ancient Mariner" has one of the most innovative bass lines ever in my humble opinion. That Steve Harris is a madman
                      Don't waste your time always searching for those wasted years...

Comment

So does Flight of Icarus and Run to the Hills. It smacks you in the face.

Comment

Here ya are—one hell of a bass line:

Comment

My favourite bass player - Charles Mingus. Actually, I prefer the sound of acoustic bass.

...and some more bass lines by others (really love this sound!)

Emma Goss

The Tranquillizers

...not forgetting classic bass sound by Bill Black on That's Alright record by Elvis Presley
                            "Keep Calm. Use Less X's"

Comment

John Deacon of Queen lays it down:

Now, if you're going to cover Queen, you'd better bring your A game. The Testament boys surely did:

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X