"The journey is the reward" - Steve Jobs

Comment

Big Sugar - Goodbye Train

Comment

Anna Nalick - Breathe (2 AM)

Comment

Been listening to double cd's of the Eagles and the original Fleetwood Mac. The Mac was once a White Boy Blues group. I like this album! Two good songs are the original "Black Magic Woman" and "Shake Your Money Maker"!

I have avoided the Eagles for years, but I like this album, too. It has a bunch of not often played old hits. I can skip the ones I want to.

Pruitt
            Pruitt, you are truly an expert! Kelt06

Have you been struck by the jawbone of an ASS lately?

by Khepesh "This is the logic of Pruitt"

Comment

Originally posted by Pruitt View Post
              Been listening to double cd's of the Eagles and the original Fleetwood Mac. The Mac was once a White Boy Blues group. I like this album! Two good songs are the original "Black Magic Woman" and "Shake Your Money Maker"!

I have avoided the Eagles for years, but I like this album, too. It has a bunch of not often played old hits. I can skip the ones I want to.

Pruitt
              The Rock Hits and Classic Rock stations on Pandora online radio play a lot of the Eagles...one day it seemed every other song was a Fleetwood Mac song.
              "A foolish man thinks he knows everything if placed in unexpected difficulty; but he knows not what to answer, if to the test he is put."

--Hávamál

Comment

That is one reason why I can't really listen to Hotel California, Witchy Woman, or One of These Nights. There are some others that don't get played much like: James Dean, Ol' 55, and Tequila Sunrise. Interestingly, I don't feel so burnt out over Life in the Fast Lane, Seven Bridges Road, The Long Run.

Pruitt

Comment

Originally posted by Pruitt View Post
                  That is one reason why I can't really listen to Hotel California, Witchy Woman, or One of These Nights. There are some others that don't get played much like: James Dean, Ol' 55, and Tequila Sunrise. Interestingly, I don't feel so burnt out over Life in the Fast Lane, Seven Bridges Road, The Long Run.

Pruitt
                  Well I like the Eagles including all those songs but really don't want to hear the first 3 anymore. I'm with you on the others Pruitt. James Dean is a great song.

Hotel California is one of a couple of songs I burnt out on (gulp) a long time ago. Went on a high school band road trip to Oregon and California in 82 with stop-overs in Cottage Grove and Santa Rosa. One of the guys brought a boombox and Hotel California got played over and over-though not as much "Taking Care of Business" by BTO. This was even worse as it was the primitive epoch of casette tapes which meant rewinds.

Comment

Here are some songs that played on the radio today. I made a mental note to post them on here. These are some of the songs I can recall at the moment....

Goodbye Girl - David Gates/Bread
                    Sharing The Night Together - Dr Hook & The Medicine Show
                    I'd Really Love To See You Tonight - England Dan and John Ford Coley
                    You've Got a Friend - James Taylor
                    Separate Ways - Journey
                    I Like Dreamin' - Kenny Nolan
                    One In a Million You - Larry Graham
                    Kiss & Say Goodbye - Manhattans
                    Here & Now - Luther Vandross

Can you tell I was listening to a soft oldies radio station?
                    "Stand for the flag ~ Kneel for the fallen"

"A wise man can learn more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer." ~ Bruce Lee

Comment

• Originally posted by joea View Post
                      This was even worse as it was the primitive epoch of casette tapes which meant rewinds.
                      Be glad you weren't listening with those awful 8-Track cartridges...
                      "Stand for the flag ~ Kneel for the fallen"

"A wise man can learn more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer." ~ Bruce Lee

Comment

• Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.

Comment

• Been listening to a lot of X since seeing them on the recent 35th aniversary tour of thier first album Los Angeles

Comment

• I just sent off for two albums: "A Group Called Smith" and "Evil Woman, The Best of Crow". Smith was a group in the late 60's early 70's. If you play the sone "The Weight" off the Easy Rider Soundtrack, that is them! They played Lake Charles in the old McNeses Auditorium when I was in college there! I love the female singer...

Crow is a personal favorite of mine. I have an old LP of this album! I can almost imitate the singer if the shower is loud enough...

Pruitt

Comment

• Bed Time

Any metaphor will tear if stretched over too much reality.

Questions about our site? See the FAQ.

Comment

• James Taylor - Fire And Rain

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X