This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Udorn432 View Post
    Randrmd, what a great song! I have never heard of VAST (Jon Crosby), but I'll definitely need to get his "April" CD. I thank you for making me aware of this. There's just so much music out there that it's hard to keep up.
    I've been listening to a lot of VAST the past few days. I thought I would share a tune with the Juke Box folks.
    "The journey is the reward" - Steve Jobs

Comment

That's an impressive list Super Six 4. In fact, it could just have easily come off of my iPod.
      Yeah and I could easily add more...it's still rock n' roll to me

Also, thank you MetalDog for your Billy Joel suggestions. Love his music!
      "A foolish man thinks he knows everything if placed in unexpected difficulty; but he knows not what to answer, if to the test he is put."

--Hávamál

Comment

Yeah and I could easily add more...

I hear you. There's been so much good music by so many great artists from all genres. I have a large and fairly diverse collection, but there's so much more I'd like to acquire. And then there's all the music that I'm not even aware of. There's just no end!

Comment

Originally posted by randrmd View Post
          I've been listening to a lot of VAST the past few days. I thought I would share a tune with the Juke Box folks.
          I've got some VAST on my playlists as well.

What I'm listening to right now on lunch break - blast from the 90's
          Pearl Jam's Ten and this song.
          Pearl Jam-Release
          Last edited by joea; 29 Sep 11, 06:23.

Comment

Randrmd, what a great song! I have never heard of VAST (Jon Crosby), but I'll definitely need to get his "April" CD. I thank you for making me aware of this. There's just so much music out there that it's hard to keep up.
            Doc has a way of doing that ;-)
            "Look, a golden winged ship is passing my way"
            And I really didn't have to stop...I just kept on going.

"Castles Made Of Sand"-Jimi Hendrix from Axis:Bold As Love 1967

Comment

I just listened to this one and i'm dedicating it to a very special person. You know who you are.

Happy Birthday!!!!

The Beatles - Birthday

Comment

I just cranked up this song! We won the championship in ACG fantasy baseball.

"Stand for the flag ~ Kneel for the fallen"

"A wise man can learn more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer." ~ Bruce Lee

Comment

I hear you. There's been so much good music by so many great artists from all genres. I have a large and fairly diverse collection, but there's so much more I'd like to acquire. And then there's all the music that I'm not even aware of. There's just no end!
                  I know! I've found myself enjoying a variety of Celtic music too-I got a playlist for that, roughly...

Columban Tunes - Celtic Crossroads
                  Froggie's Bell - Celtic Crossroads
                  The Rocky Road to Dublin - The Dubliners
                  The Last of the Great Whales - Celtic Crossroads
                  The Blood of Chuchulainn - Mychael and Jeff Danna
                  The Orange and the Green - Brobdingnagian Bards
                  The Jigs - Celtic Crossroads
                  Beer and Tobacco - Big Gerry [this is the main statement in the song so I believe this is the name of it]
                  Finnegan's Wake - [various, although I have it by Dropkick Murphys, I have heard different types]
                  By The Rising of the Moon - Brobdingnagian Bards
                  County Cork - Big Gerry [I believe this is the name of it, although I'm not at home now so I can't check, but I believe it is the right county name]
                  Beer Beer Beer - Brobdingnagian Bards
                  Crooked Jack - Celtic Crossroads

I have a lot of songs in that, but only a handful of artists...I have heard some other Celtic songs, but these are the ones I could think of.
                  "A foolish man thinks he knows everything if placed in unexpected difficulty; but he knows not what to answer, if to the test he is put."

--Hávamál

Comment

Originally posted by randrmd View Post
                    I just listened to this one and i'm dedicating it to a very special person. You know who you are.

Happy Birthday!!!!

The Beatles - Birthday

Hey! I know somebody with a birthday today, TOO! Maybe I should tell them "Happy birthday!" Nah. That'd just swell their head and make'em think they're special. And we wouldn't want that now...would we? ;-)

Comment

Originally posted by Persephone View Post
                      I just cranked up this song! We won the championship in ACG fantasy baseball.

Great season!!! You're the best Maggie!!!

Comment

A friend of mine mentioned the Tubes so I had to go listen to an old favorite from back in their wilder days.

The Tubes - White Punks On Dope

Comment

Montrose. What a debut. What a disappointment after the debut.

Comment

Originally posted by The Ibis View Post
                            Montrose. What a debut. What a disappointment after the debut.

It was a great debut album, but there are two cuts from their second album (1974's "Paper Money") that I like: the title cut, featured below and another called "I Got The Fire", featuring Ronnie doing some incredible guitar work. Too bad the studio version of this song hasn't been posted on YouTube. I think it should have appeared on the debut album. It's that good.

Comment

From one of my favorite guitar players of all time.

Comment

Another of my favorite guitar players and a song that I forgot that I like so much...

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X