Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ...how useless it was to struggle against fortune, this being the burden of wisdom which the ages had bequeathed to him.

Comment

• Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.

Comment

• Don't Fear The Reaper-courtesy of Pruitt.
        This bass guitar kills TERRORISTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

• Reminds me of watching the original Halloween.
          "Oh Laurie,scared another one away."

Comment

• Originally posted by rebpreacher View Post
            Don't Fear The Reaper-courtesy of Pruitt.
            The only cure is more cowbell!
            "A foolish man thinks he knows everything if placed in unexpected difficulty; but he knows not what to answer, if to the test he is put."

--Hávamál

Comment

• Or Michael Myers coming to scare the living crap out of you.

Comment

• Originally posted by rebpreacher View Post
                Or Michael Myers coming to scare the living crap out of you.
                LOL I would assume so.
                "A foolish man thinks he knows everything if placed in unexpected difficulty; but he knows not what to answer, if to the test he is put."

--Hávamál

Comment

• Wisdom is personal

Comment

• Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.

Comment

• Originally posted by R. Evans View Post

Not a bad song by them. It's funny how Smoke on the Water isn't necessarily Deep Purple's best song, yet it's their most popular. I thought Stormbringer was better, for one, but Smoke on the Water is still pretty good.

--Hávamál

Comment

• Originally posted by Super Six 4 View Post
                        Not a bad song by them. It's funny how Smoke on the Water isn't necessarily Deep Purple's best song, yet it's their most popular. I thought Stormbringer was better, for one, but Smoke on the Water is still pretty good.
                        I'm actually just starting to get into their older stuff. I got Perfect Strangers when it came and loved it but never really paid attention to them before. Really like Lazy off that album, Pictures Of Home as well.

I'm also looking to get the Burn album. David Coverdale does a great job, on that song anyway.

Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.

Comment

• My favorite Deep Purple is Kentucky Woman. They certainly showed Niel Diamond how it should be done! Also it reminds me that sometimes the second or third band to cover the song gets it right!

Pruitt
                          Pruitt, you are truly an expert! Kelt06

Have you been struck by the jawbone of an ASS lately?

by Khepesh "This is the logic of Pruitt"

Comment

• Originally posted by R. Evans View Post
                            I'm actually just starting to get into their older stuff. I got Perfect Strangers when it came and loved it but never really paid attention to them before. Really like Lazy off that album, Pictures Of Home as well.

I'm also looking to get the Burn album. David Coverdale does a great job, on that song anyway.

You might want to see if you can get the "Very Best of Deep Purple." It has Burn on it, as well as Space Truckin', Smoke on the Water, Stormbringer, Hush, Kentucky Woman, Black Night, Strange Kind of Woman, and others.

--Hávamál

Comment

• Rod Evans sung Kentucky Woman.I heard he's not all there now. Stormbringer and Burn were two of their best,even though Blackmore didn't think so. Black Night and Woman From Tokyo was even better than 'Smoke' I didn't care for Come Taste The Band. But Hughes was a perfect backup for Coverdale. Just my 2c.

Comment

• Ask Ibis I can tell you about Deep Purple,Rainbow,Elf,Dio,Gillan,Turner,etc all day long.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X