SAINT NANCY

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SAINT NANCY

I had this in the "Barracks Humor" space. Maybe it'll get more mileage here...
    SAINT NANCY

Last Saturday afternoon in Washington, D.C. an aide to Nancy Pelosi visited the Bishop of the Catholic Cathedral in D.C.

He told the Cardinal that Nancy Pelosi would be attending the next day's Mass, and asked if the Cardinal would kindly point out Pelosi to the congregation and say a few words that would include calling Pelosi a saint.

The Cardinal replied, "No. I don't really like the woman, and there are issues of conflict with the Catholic Church over some of Pelosi's views."

Pelosi's aide then said, "Look, I'll write a check here and now for a donation of $100,000 to you if you'll just tell the congregation you see Pelosi as a saint."

The Cardinal thought about it and said, "Well, the Church can use the money, so I'll work your request into tomorrow's sermon." As Pelosi's
    aide promised, Nancy Pelosi appeared for the Sunday worship and seated herself prominently at the forward left side of the center aisle.

As promised, at the start of his sermon, the Cardinal pointed out that Ms. Pelosi was present.

The Cardinal went on to explain to the congregation, "While Ms. Pelosi's presence is probably an honor to some, the woman is not numbered among my personal favorite personages. Some of her most egregious views are contrary to tenets of the Church, and she tends to flip-flop on many other issues. Nancy Pelosi is a petty, self-absorbed
    hypocrite, a thumb sucker, and a nit-wit. Nancy Pelosi is also a serial liar, a cheat, and a thief. I must say, Nancy Pelosi is the worst example of a Catholic I have ever personally witnessed. She married for money and is using her wealth to lie to the American people. She also has a reputation for shirking her Representative obligations both in Washington and in California .

The woman is simply not to be trusted."

The Cardinal concluded. “But, when compared with Hillary Clinton, Ms.
    Pelosi is a saint.
    ARRRR! International Talk Like A Pirate Day - September 19th
    IN MARE IN COELO

Originally posted by Jose50 View Post
    I had this in the "Barracks Humor" space. Maybe it'll get more mileage here....
    And compared to most of the priests the catholic church offers up never porked a kid either. I guess she is a saint.
    Matthew 5:9 Blessed are the cheesemakers

That's right bitches. I'm blessed!

Comment

If you wanted people to bite I guess you got your wish.

The irony is that until fairly recently the media complex that covered for Epstein, Clinton, Roman Polanski, Weinstein, Polosi etc. etc. also covered for the Catholic church.

We have essential created a new "aristocracy" that has Droit du seigneur. Giving meaning to the saying the more things change the more they stay the same.

The fact that Droit du seigneur is largely a myth doesn't reduce it's analogical relevance. In fact it increases it. Myth and reality have a way of merging that clarifies class privilege.

Class in the modern society tends to revolve around prestige. Prestige that the media and it's figure heads are constantly grasping at but never really able to capture. To a large part they acquire it vicariously. To maintain it they commit the sin of omission.

The Church may be failing but there are plenty of new secular religions to replace it. Each with there own sacred dogmas. Equity, diversity and inclusion being perhaps more dangerous than any proceeding religion. Still our secular humanists seem oblivious.
      We hunt the hunters

Comment

Originally posted by wolfhnd View Post
        If you wanted people to bite I guess you got your wish.
        1/ I'm not American so you can all swim at the bottom of the sea for all I care. Trump, Clinton, Pelosi etc ect ad infinitum

2/ Big words do not make a position. A *****'s parrot may say the sky is blue, and a scholar say it is green, and wax lyrical on that, but the sky is still blue

3/ and this is the real point - are we to accept what is rather than what may be? Luther caused a hell of a lot of anguish and sorrow, but the world (or at least our part of it) is much the better for it. Would you like us to stop challenging those that hold the power because we should fear what comes next?

Comment

...ummm...guys...the Pelosi story is a j-o-k-e....not an actual news release...although I can see how that may be confusing to some of you.
          IN MARE IN COELO

Comment

...ummm...guys...the Pelosi story is a j-o-k-e....not an actual news release...although I can see how that may be confusing to some of you.
            ALL HUMOUR COMES FROM .....SATAN!

The trout who swims against the current gets the most oxygen..

Comment

so...what are you afraid of?
              IN MARE IN COELO

Comment

Got it at the get-go. It's an (insert name here) joke. It didn't get tread in the jokes section so you put it here. You wanted comments. You have comments.

Comment

Originally posted by Rojik View Post

1/ I'm not American so you can all swim at the bottom of the sea for all I care. Trump, Clinton, Pelosi etc ect ad infinitum

2/ Big words do not make a position. A *****'s parrot may say the sky is blue, and a scholar say it is green, and wax lyrical on that, but the sky is still blue

3/ and this is the real point - are we to accept what is rather than what may be? Luther caused a hell of a lot of anguish and sorrow, but the world (or at least our part of it) is much the better for it. Would you like us to stop challenging those that hold the power because we should fear what comes next?
                  As usual you completely failed to catch the drift.

It isn't that there is some kind of magic in terms. The purpose of terms that are generally reserved for serious conversation is they replace volumes of text and have clearer definitions. You don't even have to agree that the terms represent something "real" as long as the definition is clear.

On your second point you are making the logical error of if not A then B. Also the false dilemma and strawman fallacies. Before someone else points out that the fallacy fallacy applies to above I agree, that is the problem with these internet arguments.

To be clear my position is that the evidence suggests that marginalizing Christianity did not marginalize bad ideas and philosophies.

Now that religion has been defeated our intellectuals seem intent on marginalizing philosophy this will also not marginalize bad ideas and philosophies.

The premise that the problem is religion or philosophy is the problem and not "human nature" stems from a basic flaw in the enlightenment. It gains it's power and weakness in determinism. That would be fine if complexity and chaos didn't provide a barrier to reduction. The scientific method depends on reduction. It also depends on determinism. The former means we currently don't have the ability to resolve complex chaotic systems. The second means that the basis for civilization is cut off at the knees. That basis is self determination and individual responsibility.

This is the problem with pointing at some group, let's say Catholics, and say we can hold them responsible through rational argument. If you adhere to the modern humanist, enlightenment and it's unavoidable logic you can't hold anyone responsible because freewill is an delusion. They could not have done otherwise.

Eventually we will resolve this dilemma but the existing paradigm will have to be overturned.

You could say I'm crazy but I'm not the only one who understands it. I recommend reading Daniel Dennett to get an overview of the issues.
                  We hunt the hunters

Comment

Thread moved to Barracks Humor where it belongs.
                    Current events is for the discussion of current events. Barracks humour is for "jokes" like this.
                    And as this thread is already showing posting in the wrong topic area causes unnecessary confusion.
                    To avoid this in future please post in the correct sections of the forum.
                    Thank you
                    ACG Staff

Comment

so...what are you afraid of?
                      THE VENERABLE JORGI BURNING DOWN Armchair General. .....mostly.....

Comment

Originally posted by CarpeDiem View Post
                        Thread moved to Barracks Humor where it belongs.
                        Current events is for the discussion of current events. Barracks humour is for "jokes" like this.
                        And as this thread is already showing posting in the wrong topic area causes unnecessary confusion.
                        To avoid this in future please post in the correct sections of the forum.
                        Thank you
                        ACG Staff
                        ...Well...thanks for the direction. I had originally posted in the Barracks Humor section but got no looks. I got a lot more here. I bow to your decision.
                        IN MARE IN COELO

Comment

...Well...thanks for the direction. I had originally posted in the Barracks Humor section but got no looks. I got a lot more here. I bow to your decision.

Comment

Originally posted by Bow View Post
                            Well after reading your differant comments I have come to the conclusions ..Boy!! do you guys hate your strong women......then again a bunch of you guys are very ****** .....get a life....

Comment

Originally posted by Bow View Post

Well after reading your differant comments I have come to the conclusions ..Boy!! do you guys hate your strong women......then again a bunch of you guys are very ****** .....get a life....
                              She does seem to have replaced Jane Fonda as the site's femme fatale- however, other than the doing of her task, which is to protect the interests of those who elected her, it is hard to see what raises so much enmity....?

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X