Electric or blade?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Electric or blade?

Ok I am bored and just wondering if you guys are electric types, or blade types for the usual face maintenance.

Won't ask the ladies if they use electric or blade though, as where they use em is likely best left out of the conversation hehe.

Myself, I think nothing is more efficient than a blade, as there is no such thing (in my view) as an electric that actually works without repeated passings over the spot. But electric is at least lazy friendly No mess or fuss with creams. And you can do it anywhere (assuming you ever would).

I currently have an average battery powered item, but if they lasted long enough, likely wouldn't mind blade.

Thing is, I have yet to knick myself with the electric hehe. Although, if you've let it go a few days, well there's only so much an electric can cut isn't there.
    Life is change. Built models for decades.
    Not sure anyone here actually knows the real me.
    I didn't for a long time either.

Blade... I had a (cheap) electric once and didn't like it much at all. I find a blade is pretty quick for me -- I wear a goatee, so the tricky bits like the chin and under the nose I don't have to worry about. A complete shave including pre-wash and application of after-shave takes maybe 10 minutes or less.

Although I am appalled at the cost of razor blades these days. I used to use a Mach 3 razor, but I could no longer justify spending US$15-20 for a pack of 8 blades! I use a "cheaper" model now, where the razor itself cost a bit more but the replacement blades are more reasonably-priced. I tried some disposable razors, too, but there was enough of a difference in quality that I didn't want to stick with them.
    "I am not an atomic playboy."
    Vice Admiral William P. Blandy

Comment

Both. If I use an electric I have to 'clean up' by dry shaving with a blade. Sometimes I use a blade and cream. I only shave once a week so I alternate as to how I feel.
      If you can't set a good example, be a glaring warning.

Comment

I used to swear by electric but I ended up with the old blades - it seems much quicker to be honest. Not that I have to shave much - anyone who recalls the failed moustache I tried to grow three years ago will testify to that. It might be because I am a clone.

Dr. S.
        Imagine a ball of iron, the size of the sun. And once a year a tiny sparrow brushes its surface with the tip of its wing. And when that ball of iron, the size of the sun, is worn away to nothing, your punishment will barely have begun.

www.sinisterincorporated.co.uk

www.tabletown.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Doctor Sinister View Post
          Not that I have to shave much - anyone who recalls the failed moustache I tried to grow three years ago will testify to that. It might be because I am a clone.

Dr. S.
          I never said a word.....

If you can't set a good example, be a glaring warning.

Comment

Stop it...those eyes...they are hypnotic...

Dr. S.
            Imagine a ball of iron, the size of the sun. And once a year a tiny sparrow brushes its surface with the tip of its wing. And when that ball of iron, the size of the sun, is worn away to nothing, your punishment will barely have begun.

www.sinisterincorporated.co.uk

www.tabletown.co.uk

Comment

Twin blades. Electrics aren't worth a damn and never get close enough. 3 minutes with a Trak II and I'm good for the next 18 hours.
              The Purist

Words ought to be a little wild, for they are the assault of thoughts on the unthinking - John Maynard Keynes.

Comment

I use blade, mach 3 to be precise, damned expensive at 4.95, but a very good shave. I tried electric many years ago but it felt like i had never shaved.
                Never Fear the Event

Admiral Lord Nelson

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                X