Announcement

Collapse

New Site - PLEASE READ

Hello All,
My name is Ashley and I am the one that moved the forum to its new hosting location. This was done for*security reasons and try to keep the forum from going down every other day.*I understand that the new forum looks very different from the old one but I promise almost everything you had before you still have it might just be in a different place. Awards it one of the only things that have gone away and won't be coming back. that is due to a limitation of the new hosting.

As I was going thought your posts I was able to fix a lot fo the issues you were listing. Below is kind of a running list of issues an what is fixed and what I am still working on.

Items that I have fixed from your comments:
- Smilie
- Color/Theme changes
-*Signature are now showing up. (Here is how to edit them https://screencast.com/t/OJHzzhiV1)
- Ranking is now showing up.
- Private messaging is now working.

Some issues I am still working on are:
- Missing items from the*Calendar
- Like button the posts is giving an error.

If anyone has any issues that they are running in to please let me know in the post below.
https://forums.armchairgeneral.com/forum/world-history-group-welcomes-you/armchair-general-magazine/5034776-new-site-please-read
See more
See less

15 Jokes From the World's Oldest Jokebook

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 15 Jokes From the World's Oldest Jokebook

FYI;
    https://www.msn.com/en-us/lifestyle/...z&ocid=msnbcrd
    Whiskey for my men, and beer for my horses.
    TANSTAAFL = There Ain't No Such Thing As A Free Lunch
    Bock's First Law of History: The Past shapes the Present, which forms the Future. *

Originally posted by G David Bock View Post
    FYI;
    https://www.msn.com/en-us/lifestyle/...z&ocid=msnbcrd
    Link doesn't work for me at least. The earliest record of a stand up comedian comes from a Roman diplomat's account of an official dinner at the court of Attila the Hun. This had some, from the Roman's point of view, strange features including sitting on a chair and eating off a table but one thing stood out a man who when the meal was finished stood up and started telling a series of very funny lies. Was Attila's gift to the world the first stand up comedian/after dinner speaker? A terrifying legacy
    Human history becomes more and more a race between education and catastrophe (H G Wells)
    Mit der Dummheit kaempfen Goetter selbst vergebens (Friedrich von Schiller)

Comment

Originally posted by MarkV View Post
      Link doesn't work for me at least. The earliest record of a stand up comedian comes from a Roman diplomat's account of an official dinner at the court of Attila the Hun. This had some, from the Roman's point of view, strange features including sitting on a chair and eating off a table but one thing stood out a man who when the meal was finished stood up and started telling a series of very funny lies. Was Attila's gift to the world the first stand up comedian/after dinner speaker? A terrifying legacy
      Aren't you thinking of a couple of centuries before Attila?

Even in Roman times people thought the Jews were funny. Rimshot
      I was married for two ******* years! Hell would be like Club Med! - Sam Kinison

Comment

Originally posted by slick_miester View Post
        Aren't you thinking of a couple of centuries before Attila?

[t
        No, In the last days of the Western Roman Empire a couple of Roman diplomats really did attend a dinner at the court of Attila. Present were also diplomats from the Eastern Roman Empire. The report reveals Attila as a somewhat polite and quite modest host - not quite as Hollywood would portray him.
        Human history becomes more and more a race between education and catastrophe (H G Wells)
        Mit der Dummheit kaempfen Goetter selbst vergebens (Friedrich von Schiller)

Comment

And, the Romans were the original grammar Nazis...

Comment

Originally posted by MarkV View Post
            I just checked and it does for me, maybe MSN doesn't work in the UK ???
            Whiskey for my men, and beer for my horses.
            TANSTAAFL = There Ain't No Such Thing As A Free Lunch
            Bock's First Law of History: The Past shapes the Present, which forms the Future. *

Comment

Well here's the real deal.

http://publishing.yudu.com/Library/A...dest-Joke-Book
              Credo quia absurdum.

Quantum mechanics describes nature as absurd from the point of view of common sense. And yet it fully agrees with experiment. So I hope you can accept nature as She is - absurd! - Richard Feynman

Comment

Working...
              X