Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bloom County comic strip has been back since July 2015!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bloom County comic strip has been back since July 2015!

One of my favorite comics of all times is back! I don't see how I could have missed this since last summer!

The 1980s was a truly classic period in comic strip history. The decade of spiked hair and shoulder pads introduced us to brilliantly off-the-wall The Far Side, the timeless antics of Calvin and Hobbes, and the sociopolitical brilliance of Bloom County.

All of these strips were retired at the height of their popularity by their award-winning creators, and fans have hoped ever since to talk them back into syndication with heaps of fan mail and social media begging, all for naught.

Until now.

Berkeley Breathed has talked himSELF out of retirement after Donald Trump threw his hat into an overpopulated ring of hopefuls for the Republican presidential nomination.

Inspired by Trump's promise to "make America great again," Breathed is making the comics page great again with Bloom County 2015. Bloom County’s Opus, Milo, Bill the Cat and all of the residents of Bloom House are back and they aren't wasting a minute mocking the Republican campaign's greatest bloviator and a renewed national ridiculousness.

Bloom County is the tale of the residents of Bloom House, a boarding house run by the parents of worldly 10-year-old newspaper reporter Milo Bloom. Boarders include Opus, Steve, Bill the Cat, Portnoy, Oliver Wendell Jones and more. Together, these characters parodied presidential campaigns, the Parents Music Resource Center, labor unions, the war on drugs, and The Donald -- no one was off limits.

After his 25-year hiatus, "Silliness suddenly seems safe now," said Breathed.
    “The time has come,” the Walrus said,
    “To talk of many things:
    Of shoes—and ships—and sealing-wax—
    Of cabbages—and kings—
    And why the sea is boiling hot—
    And whether pigs have wings.”
    ― Lewis Carroll

This explains so much about CE....
    Any man can hold his place when the bands play and women throw flowers; it is when the enemy presses close and metal shears through the ranks that one can acertain which are soldiers, and which are not.

Comment

Ack!!!

Last edited by The Doctor; 10 Feb 16, 10:39.
      Watts Up With That? | The world's most viewed site on global warming and climate change.

Comment

An you, if we needed any more explanation.
        "Ask not what your country can do for you"

Left wing, Right Wing same bird that they are killing.

you’re entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts.

Comment

Originally posted by Arnold J Rimmer View Post
          This explains so much about CE....
          HEY!!!!!!!
          “To talk of many things:
          Of cabbages—and kings—
          ― Lewis Carroll

Comment

Says it all. This race is on.
            “To talk of many things:
            Of cabbages—and kings—
            ― Lewis Carroll

Comment

Comment

Outland was very good... but having 'regular' Bloom County back beats it.....
                “To talk of many things:
                Of cabbages—and kings—
                ― Lewis Carroll

Comment

I had that T-Shirt for years after I had outgrown it! The strip did come back a few years after Badlands crashed. I enjoyed it.

Pruitt
                  Pruitt, you are truly an expert! Kelt06

Have you been struck by the jawbone of an ASS lately?

by Khepesh "This is the logic of Pruitt"

Comment

Oh yea, it's been back and I've been following it. Somewhere in my parent's basement is a box with a vinyl single "Billy and the Boingers" which came with one of the albums.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Billy_...ingers_Bootleg

Comment

More lib-crap. I would rather have Calvin and Hobbs back.

Comment

Originally posted by McMax View Post
                        More lib-crap. I would rather have Calvin and Hobbs back.
                        It could be worse, you could be exposed to Greg Moodie, or this little cracker from Chris Cairns (John Bull represents the UK, and Hamish the Lion is Scottish);
                        Attached Files
                        Indyref2 - still, "Yes."

Comment

Originally posted by the ace View Post
                          It could be worse, you could be exposed to Greg Moodie, or this little cracker from Chris Cairns (John Bull represents the UK, and Hamish the Lion is Scottish);

Are we talking Scotland 0 - 20 England in the 6 nations rugby?
                          Perhaps Scotland 1 - 3 England in the football?

I'm assuming that we are looking at Joe vs Ross, but John Bull representing Wales or Cornwall will not impress we locals.
                          How to Talk to a Climate Skeptic: http://grist.org/series/skeptics/
                          Global Warming & Climate Change Myths: https://www.skepticalscience.com/argument.php

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                          X