Future?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Future?

I have heard of the use of Future wax, most commonly with aircraft, but have never really heard of how to use it. I was wondering things like, purpose, how to apply, desired results, etc. Any info would be greatly appreciated.
    "You listen to the ol' Pork Chop Express on a dark and stormy night......"

Future acrylic liquid. You need to give it two days to dry and it is very thin and can pool if you overdo it.
    1. For dipping canopies. It makes them crystal clear and can reduce scratches. Leave them to dry on a paper towell to suck up the excess.
    2. As a preperation for finishing. It makes the model smooth. This eliminated decal shine, which is commonly caused by the microscopic air bubbles trapped between the decal and a flat finished surface. It also allows washes to run off the now smooth surface into crevaces. However, it leaves the model very glossy and will need flat finish when you're done.

Comment

This article contains just about everything you need to know:

http://swannysmodels.com/TheCompleteFuture.html

Comment

Cool, thanks a lot guys. I am building a 1/32 P-47 and want to know all I can before I get in over my head.
        "You listen to the ol' Pork Chop Express on a dark and stormy night......"

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
        X