Liquid Glue Applicator

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Liquid Glue Applicator

Ok guys here is another one for you all. I guess I am stuck in the eighties perhaps but here goes. I am using two types liquid “weld” type glues. One is Tenx7R , and the other one is its counterpart made by Plastistruct ‘scuse me if I misspelled it is not here in this room and it is hard to get to. My question is that I am running out of options for application. I have tried the paint brush option and I am too slow to move, it usually evaps before I can get the parts together. What I had been using in the past was a small bottle about 1 Oz with what looked like a ground down hypodermic needle to blunt it. I bought it when I was in California from either Brookhurst Hobbies or the now defunct (I think) Heritage Hobby Shop in Seal Beach California
    I tried to replace the needle with one from the Interfuron that I take for MS but the bore is way too big and it will not stay put. Runs out like well what it is like water.
    Anybody got any suggestions let me know so I can stop ruining what I am building. I have too much of the above mentioned glues stockpiled to just give them up. Thanks in advance

Marvin

Hypo needle is too BIG?? You may need to get ahold of someone who works in the health field to provide you with a smaller gauge needle.
    ARRRR! International Talk Like A Pirate Day - September 19th
    IN MARE IN COELO

Comment

Glue Applicator

Yes the hypo needle bore that I have is too large. Using the hypo itself is not too workable. The glue Tenex7R and the other one react to the rubbeer in the plunger, it causes it to swell and make the syringe unusable. The suggestion to get some asistance from someone in the health care profession is something I did try, seems that syringes, and the associated needles are almost controlled as tightly as firearms. ( dont get me started on that topic). So that was pretty much a deadend. But I did figure out a workaround. I took my Dremel and ground down the tips, something I was going to do anyway for safety. And in the process of doing so, I somehow manged to "narrow" the opening so the glue does not run out like what the glue consintency is "water like". So kind sir, your suggestion did in fact help out in a really great way, it motivated me to try somethings did I did not really think would help. So thanks a million so hoist one from me!

Marvin

Comment

Smaller guage needle will have the Higher number. Like and 18 gauge is fatter than a 22 gauge.

GMG1 turned me on to this thing:

http://shop.hobbylobby.com/products/...icator-224261/

Last edited by Dane_Bramage; 13 Jan 13, 16:42.
        "At some point, we've all parked in the wrong garage."- Roger Sterling, Jr.

Comment

Originally posted by Dane_Bramage View Post
          Smaller guage needle will have the Higher number. Like and 18 gauge is fatter than a 22 gauge.

GMG1 turned me on to this thing:

http://shop.hobbylobby.com/products/...icator-224261/

That looks handy! i will need one for my Model club submarine build this year.
          Buy a kit sell a kit., build a kit., stash one too.

Comment

Originally posted by Panzerfaust60 View Post
            Yes the hypo needle bore that I have is too large. Using the hypo itself is not too workable. The glue Tenex7R and the other one react to the rubbeer in the plunger, it causes it to swell and make the syringe unusable. The suggestion to get some asistance from someone in the health care profession is something I did try, seems that syringes, and the associated needles are almost controlled as tightly as firearms. ( dont get me started on that topic). So that was pretty much a deadend. But I did figure out a workaround. I took my Dremel and ground down the tips, something I was going to do anyway for safety. And in the process of doing so, I somehow manged to "narrow" the opening so the glue does not run out like what the glue consintency is "water like". So kind sir, your suggestion did in fact help out in a really great way, it motivated me to try somethings did I did not really think would help. So thanks a million so hoist one from me!

Marvin
            To use the pure solvent glues, you need to hold the parts tightly together, then use a fine sable brush, not synthetic or nylon, to touch the seam and let the capillary action of the glue flow into the seam. Applying it to one piece then pressing together does not work. As you found out, they evaporate too quickly. Since those glues are pure solvent, they will never harden in the brush. Use them in a well ventilated location as they are inhalation hazards. Keep them away from the drug using teens as abusing them causes brain damage.

As far as the syringes, find someone that is diabetic and see if you can use his one shot used syringes. They are the right size for disposable use.

Otherwise, make use of the Model Master glue that has the metal applicator tip. Note, that this glue does contain some gap filler. For less then tight applications, this glue works quite well with a bond forming in 15 seconds.

For ABS plastic or ABS to styrene, you will need to use the Plastruct solvent. The styrene glues will not weld to the ABS.
            “Breaking News,”

“Something irrelevant in your life just happened and now we are going to blow it all out of proportion for days to keep you distracted from what's really going on.”

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
            X