Militaria Collectors?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Militaria Collectors?

Anyone here collect Militaria from anytime? We have a collection of rifles, bayonets and helmets from WWII.
    The meeting of two personalities is like the contact of two chemical substances: if there is any reaction, both are transformed. -Carl Jung

Hell is other people. -Jean-Paul Sarte

I have a "few" items from the American Civil War............but just a few..........had to pack some away........my wife threatened to kick me out .

Mark
    Deo Vindice
    Si vis pacem, para bellum. (If you want peace, prepare for war.)

Comment

Originally posted by last_cav1971
      I have a "few" items from the American Civil War............but just a few..........had to pack some away........my wife threatened to kick me out .

Mark
      Deo Vindice
      I know a man who lives down the street that has TONS of German and Japanese militaria. He even asked my dad to do an Enola Gay so Paul Tibbets could sign it and he asked him to paint his 1/16 RC King Tiger.
      The meeting of two personalities is like the contact of two chemical substances: if there is any reaction, both are transformed. -Carl Jung

Comment

My most recent acquisition was a 1925 Stone Mountain Commemorative Half Dollar...........nearly uncirculated condition.............picked it up on eBay for just around $35.
        Lucked out on the auction.

Most of my more rare collectibles are art.
        I have several portraits of Lee, Jackson, Stuart.
        I have a couple of bayonets......(marked US)
        Several minie balls
        One CSA coat button...........One CS buckle.
        My most prized posession would have to be my library. Mostly Civil War and non-fiction.

Trying to get my hands on some "postal covers" and Reunion Medallions now.
        Also want the Gettysburg Comm. Half Dollar and the Antietam Comm. Half Dollar................hard to find and expensive, though.

My father-in-law collects WWII memorabilia.
        Last Christmas I got him an SS Deathshead ring from a panzer division. He has a Totemkopff ring. He has an original Luger 9mm with all matching numbers.........He also has the headgear from a German Col. (The hat and sidearm came from the same guy).
        He also has a couple of SS dress daggers.
        He only has one Japanese sword thats original..........not much on the Pacific.............

Mark
        Deo Vindice
        Si vis pacem, para bellum. (If you want peace, prepare for war.)

Comment

Originally posted by last_cav1971
          My most recent acquisition was a 1925 Stone Mountain Commemorative Half Dollar...........nearly uncirculated condition.............picked it up on eBay for just around $35.
          Lucked out on the auction.

Most of my more rare collectibles are art.
          I have several portraits of Lee, Jackson, Stuart.
          I have a couple of bayonets......(marked US)
          Several minie balls
          One CSA coat button...........One CS buckle.
          My most prized posession would have to be my library. Mostly Civil War and non-fiction.

Trying to get my hands on some "postal covers" and Reunion Medallions now.
          Also want the Gettysburg Comm. Half Dollar and the Antietam Comm. Half Dollar................hard to find and expensive, though.

My father-in-law collects WWII memorabilia.
          Last Christmas I got him an SS Deathshead ring from a panzer division. He has a Totemkopff ring. He has an original Luger 9mm with all matching numbers.........He also has the headgear from a German Col. (The hat and sidearm came from the same guy).
          He also has a couple of SS dress daggers.
          He only has one Japanese sword thats original..........not much on the Pacific.............

Mark
          Deo Vindice
          I think we have a few CW things we've picked up mostly minie and musket balls. But we have an original Belgian Short Musket (needs welded on the barrel and then a new mechanism plate put in). Some other type of Carbine (With a hair trigger).

A Luger is definetaly a collector's item. I would like to shoot one since they say a Luger fits into your hand and seems to aim itself. I just want to know if its true.

My dad saw a totally orginal Samurai Sword on ebay. Most likely passed through the family and the man died in China and the family is selling it.... $200 for the whole thing. Pristine Condition.

$2000 Shipping because of our embargos and such on China.

Comment

I've collected some WWII German camera equipment. I have two Luftwafe Leica cameras. One is a colplete set with case and lens marked "Luftwaffe Eingentum" (Luftwaffe Property). I also just picked up a Swiss 16mm movie camera from WWII, a PAILLARD BOLEX H-16.

I also have a 1941 BMW Motorcycle, see post in WWII forum under motorcycles. Some weapons; K98, mp40, P38, Browning High Power (waffenampt), and a FN 1922 (Waffenampt).
            Airborne Assault Troops of S.INC

Recipient of the Sinister Order of the Brown Nose, 2nd Class.

Comment

Originally posted by Jager Heinrich
              I've collected some WWII German camera equipment. I have two Luftwafe Leica cameras. One is a colplete set with case and lens marked "Luftwaffe Eingentum" (Luftwaffe Property). I also just picked up a Swiss 16mm movie camera from WWII, a PAILLARD BOLEX H-16.

I also have a 1941 BMW Motorcycle, see post in WWII forum under motorcycles. Some weapons; K98, mp40, P38, Browning High Power (waffenampt), and a FN 1922 (Waffenampt).
              2 Mauser 98k's (A father/son "set") he has the early war I have the late war which we think served on the Eastern Front near the end because the soldier who had it put so many rounds through it that the magazine spring is shot and I have to put pressure in the right direction to keep the spring from getting caught and only allowing about 3 rounds into the magazine.

Comment

I don't have much but would love to get my hands on more. I have a German Swaztika harmband that my wife's grandfather captured. eBay, well I kind of shy away from it as I never know if I'm buying an original or some fake.
                http://canadiangenealogyandresearch.ca

Soviet and Canadian medal collector!

Comment

Unless you have a good friend knowledgable in the stuff though even seeing it in person is no guarantee.

Been shooting photos - gotta process them

Comment

World War II:

The Official Guide to the Army Air Forces (It was published in June 1944)
                    Ordnance Maintenance US Rifle (M1 Garnad and M1C/D Sniper Rifle)(published sometime before War was ended)
                    Basic Field Manual: Unarmed Defense for the American Soldier (Published in June 1942)
                    Basic Field Manual: Engineer Soldier's Handbook (Published in June 1943)

Post World War II:

Guidebook for MARINES (This book was first prepared in 1945 at the close of World War II joint effort on the part of the Marine Corps School and copyright in September 1950)

Vietnam Era:

US Military Helmet (I can't tell which branch that helmet to belong to)
                    Operator and Organizational Maintenance Manual including Repair parts and Special Tools List for M-1 Garand, M1C/D Sniper Rifle (Published in March 1969)

Army

Comment

i'm from the west coast,so i don't know,but i've heard you can still find cannon,and musket balls from the civil war in the east.is this true?
                      i yam what i yam and thats what i yam!

Comment

Originally posted by terry patterson
                        i'm from the west coast,so i don't know,but i've heard you can still find cannon,and musket balls from the civil war in the east.is this true?
                        Yes that's true. I live near Gettysburg and camp and reenact there. I've heard of people finding minie balls and other fragments. Of course you can't go metal detecting on the battlefield but areas around it that are private you can with permission from the owner.
                        Airborne Assault Troops of S.INC

Recipient of the Sinister Order of the Brown Nose, 2nd Class.

Comment

I have some things, but don't consider myself a collector. I have it because I like it, or in one case needed it, not for its value.

My crown jewel -- the one I needed -- is a German Army Olympia typewriter from WW2 in a wooden box. One stroke (one of the numbers, with shift) gets you the SS runes. I used it throughout college for German class. Set me back nearly $5 at a flea market in Albuquerque in about 1976.

JS
                          Barcsi János ispán vezérőrnagy
                          Time Magazine's Person of the Year for 2003 & 2006

"Never pet a burning dog."

RECOMMENDED WEBSITES:
                          http://www.mormon.org
                          http://www.sca.org
                          http://www.scv.org/
                          http://www.scouting.org/

Comment

My collecting interestes are centered around the WW1 4th Marine Brigade and its subordinate units - helmets, uniforms, documents, photos, medals/medal groups, etc. I have several WW1 5th and 6th Regiment Marine tunics as well as helmets with the Indian head insignia - with and without the EGA. Also included are the dress blues of a Silver star awardee from the 74th Company along with the blue bell crown cap and his photo. Seek panoramic photos of the individual companies of the 5th, 6th Regiments and the 6th Machine gun battalion.
                            Last edited by fightn5th; 21 Jun 07, 00:43.

Comment

Here's my stuff. A fairly small collection. I don't know where the coin came from but I have three, all 1941. The Soviet stars were 'liberated' by my grandfather during the Winter War (USSR v Finland). The Vietnamese badge was brought back from Vietnam by a friend who went there in 2003. She dug the bullet out of a wall in Hue.
                              Attached Files
                              The truth? You can't handle the truth! No truth handler you! I deride your truth handling abilities!
                              Sideshow Bob.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• casanova
                                Berlin.1945
                                by casanova
                                The Sowjet T-34 tank against a German Tiger tank in Berlin in the II World War in 1945. ...
                                Yesterday, 23:41
                              • casanova
                                AW 169M
                                by casanova
                                The Austrian minister of defence Klaudia Tanner declared the buy of 18 Italian military helicopters of the type AW 169M for the Austrian army, the Bundesheer....
                                Yesterday, 23:26
                              • JBark
                                What changed?
                                by JBark
                                There was a time not too long ago when this forum was full of discussion, multiple posts, votes and involved discussions on the best of the war, etc.,...
                                Yesterday, 18:54
                              Working...
                              X