WW II German Sholder Holster

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WW II German Sholder Holster

I have a german leather shoulder holster for a P-38 pistol with the following notations on the back:
    Obl K. Vosig
    II Pn (0r Pz) 4 A
    I have attached a picture of the back where this writing is.
    Any Information anyone may offer would be appreciated.
    BFGW
    Attached Files

One assumes it's the property of Oberleutnant K. Vosig.

Comment

From what I understand, shoulder holster were very uncommon for the German forces in WWII. (They have been more common post WWII) What convinces you that is WWII issue? Is there something on the front side? The P38 has remained the standard sidearm for the Bundeswehr up until today so the holster may not be that old.

Is there some marking or a mfg date stamped some where on the holster or rigging to convince you it is WWII issue?
      --Tobias Gibson
      On the web at: Blindkat.hegewisch.net

Comment

Post a picture of the front.

Some pilots worn shoulder holsters.... but they usually have a Waffenamt with a factory code.
        My worst jump story:
        My 13th jump was on the 13th day of the month, aircraft number 013.
        As recorded on my DA Form 1307 Individual Jump Log.
        No lie.

~
        "Everything looks all right. Have a good jump, eh."
        -2 Commando Jumpmaster

Comment

Holster came with a byf 1943 dated P-38. Obtained it in the late 50's early 60's. No other markings visible. I will post a picture of front showing complete holster details later this week.

Comment

Seems like the Germans did better work then shown in your picture unless it was made by slave labor late in the war. The stitching is all over the place. Even the reproductions are quality built.

Edit; I should have placed ID tags with the photos when I shot the photos for appraisal purposes years ago. That way, I could have ID the pistol and holster displayed here complete with serial number.

Original Holster and gun.

Reproduction Holster.
            Last edited by SRV Ron; 13 Jul 17, 05:50.
            “Breaking News,”

“Something irrelevant in your life just happened and now we are going to blow it all out of proportion for days to keep you distracted from what's really going on.”

Comment

http://www.simpsonltd.com/product_in...ducts_id=16392

Follow the link. Does that match the front of your holster?

http://www.wehrmacht-awards.com/Foru...d.php?t=209853

or this one for that matter. looks like there was no standard for them.
              "Sometimes its better to light a flamethrower than to curse the darkness" T Pratchett

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• casanova
                Berlin.1945
                by casanova
                The Sowjet T-34 tank against a German Tiger tank in Berlin in the II World War in 1945. ...
                Yesterday, 23:41
              • casanova
                AW 169M
                by casanova
                The Austrian minister of defence Klaudia Tanner declared the buy of 18 Italian military helicopters of the type AW 169M for the Austrian army, the Bundesheer....
                Yesterday, 23:26
              • JBark
                What changed?
                by JBark
                There was a time not too long ago when this forum was full of discussion, multiple posts, votes and involved discussions on the best of the war, etc.,...
                Yesterday, 18:54
              Working...
              X