Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The ISS Europa, a LEGO starfighter carrier.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The ISS Europa, a LEGO starfighter carrier.

I thought some might like to see the pictures of my latest creation, the result of 7 months of planning and brick acquisition.

This is the ISS Europa, a LEGO Neo-Classic Space starfighter carrier measuring over 100 studs long, with four auxiliary craft, an illuminated hangar bay and a crew of 17.

Please check out the video to see a demonstration of all the working features, or view the entire imageset on Flickr to see the development of this creation and explanations of the concepts behind the design.

Flickr images.

I will be bringing her to some shows in the UK this year and probably next.

Dr. S.
    Imagine a ball of iron, the size of the sun. And once a year a tiny sparrow brushes its surface with the tip of its wing. And when that ball of iron, the size of the sun, is worn away to nothing, your punishment will barely have begun.

www.sinisterincorporated.co.uk

www.tabletown.co.uk

Originally posted by Doctor Sinister View Post
    I thought some might like to see the pictures of my latest creation, the result of 7 months of planning and brick acquisition.

This is the ISS Europa, a LEGO Neo-Classic Space starfighter carrier measuring over 100 studs long, with four auxiliary craft, an illuminated hangar bay and a crew of 17.

Please check out the video to see a demonstration of all the working features, or view the entire imageset on Flickr to see the development of this creation and explanations of the concepts behind the design.

Flickr images.

I will be bringing her to some shows in the UK this year and probably next.

Dr. S.
    Did you make that from scratch or from a kit?
    In this world nothing is certain but death and taxes
    - Benjamin Franklin, U.S. statesman, author, and scientist

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny_Reb View Post
      It's scratch.

Never underestimate the good Doctor...
      It's not that I should win, but that others should loose.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny_Reb View Post
        If it was an off-the-shelf kit:

a) It would be hideously expensive.
        b) I wouldn't be talking about it. There's no joy in presenting something you didn't design and build yourself.

Dr. S.
        Imagine a ball of iron, the size of the sun. And once a year a tiny sparrow brushes its surface with the tip of its wing. And when that ball of iron, the size of the sun, is worn away to nothing, your punishment will barely have begun.

www.sinisterincorporated.co.uk

www.tabletown.co.uk

Comment

Sorry for doubting you. It is VERY well done.
          In this world nothing is certain but death and taxes
          - Benjamin Franklin, U.S. statesman, author, and scientist

Comment

Mr Doctor Sinister

Please please pretty please get yourself into metal. Your model is great but the video music shreds my ears .
            How to Talk to a Climate Skeptic: http://grist.org/series/skeptics/
            Global Warming & Climate Change Myths: https://www.skepticalscience.com/argument.php

Comment

Wish I was kid again; As to the music such craft deserves the best; Wagner's Ride of Walkiries.
              Kosovo is Serbian.
              I support United Jerusalem as the capital of Israel.
              Behead those who say Islam is violent!

Comment

Pretty damn cool i say.

Comment

Amazing

That is Amazing

Comment

Very awesome job Dr.

I do have a quibble tho'. What about personel to maintain the fighters? I see you have a labor droid for that but what if you need to get the fighters turned around in a hurry? Wouldn't it be better to replace the marines with more ship personel. 4 marines to 17 crew is awfully high imho.
                    If the art of war were nothing but the art of avoiding risks,glory would become the prey of mediocre minds. Napoleon

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                    X