Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Triumph Class Light Assault Vehicle, Newly delivered to the Tabletown Armed Forces

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Triumph Class Light Assault Vehicle, Newly delivered to the Tabletown Armed Forces

This is my first attempt at an AFV and also my first ever attempt at "mass-producing" a vehicle.

This is the Sinister Industries Triumph Class LAV (Light Assault Vehicle), a twin-gun turretless fast-moving ground vehicle.

Equipped with two 50-megajoule fast repeating plasma cannon, the Triumph is ideal for both urban engagements with its short length and no extended barrels to snag on buildings, and for open territory with its heavy wheels and fast rate of speed.

Encased in advanced classified armour plating, the Triumph emits a minimal heat signature due to the dispersion vents placed behind the main gun capacitors. These vents ensure that the heat generated from the onboard turbine is cooled rapidly over a wide surface area.

The Triumph is fully amphibious and can even operate submerged for brief periods, making it ideal for fording rivers if bridges have been destroyed during earlier combat operations. The single crewmember is fully protected from all NCB type threats and can survive for up to five days encased inside his vehicle - although he probably wouldn't want to. However the Triumph is only classed as a Light Assault Vehicle due to its inability to directly face down modern Main Battle Tanks which would easily be able to penetrate the armour.

The twin plasma cannon have the ability to fire at elevated angles for long range bombardment or in an anti-air capacity, thus making the Triumph an excellent all-round offensive and defensive platform.

A view from above. The lack of a rotating turret does mean a slower rate of turn for the main guns as the entire vehicle has to rotate to face its target, but there is a significant weight saving.

The bars along the side serve a dual purpose - they act as passive sensor arrays to detect threats and also assist with the targeting of the plasma cannon - providing a stereoscopic view of the target to the driver on board. If necessary, the bars can also be energised to electrify the hull of the vehicle to deter enemy infantry from any potential assault.

The Tabletown Army has today taken delivery of sixteen platoons of four vehicles - here we see Doctor Sinister, Mayor of Tabletown, posing with the new acquisitions.

PLMKWYT!

Dr. S.
    Imagine a ball of iron, the size of the sun. And once a year a tiny sparrow brushes its surface with the tip of its wing. And when that ball of iron, the size of the sun, is worn away to nothing, your punishment will barely have begun.

www.sinisterincorporated.co.uk

www.tabletown.co.uk

Nice lookin'!
    The safest place in Korea was behind a platoon of Marines. Lord how they could fight! - MGEN Frank Lowe, U.S. Army.
    ----
    We got a kinder, gentler, Machine gun hand - N.Y.

Comment

Originally posted by McCoy View Post
      Nice lookin'!
      Really? It took me three attempts and two whole evenings to get the shape right...

Dr. S.
      Imagine a ball of iron, the size of the sun. And once a year a tiny sparrow brushes its surface with the tip of its wing. And when that ball of iron, the size of the sun, is worn away to nothing, your punishment will barely have begun.

www.tabletown.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Doctor Sinister View Post
        Really? It took me three attempts and two whole evenings to get the shape right...

Dr. S.
        You do realize you're a nut? A highly intelligent nut, but still..
        My Avatar: Ivan W. Henderson Gunner/navigator B-25-26. 117 combat missions. Both Theaters. 11 confirmed kills. DSC.

Comment

I've got plans in my head for some serious lookin' things in LEGO since my childhood n' I consider myself as an good judge of LEGO creations.
          The safest place in Korea was behind a platoon of Marines. Lord how they could fight! - MGEN Frank Lowe, U.S. Army.
          ----

Comment

Originally posted by holly6 View Post
            You do realize you're a nut? A highly intelligent nut, but still..
            I pride myself on it!

Dr. S.

www.tabletown.co.uk

Comment

You need a godzilla for them to fight.

Comment

There goes the Tabletown defense budget. These should also work well for squashing riots and uprisings.

Pardon me, my Lord, but I don't believe a turretless tank will perform very well in the AA artillery mode. Johnson wasn't among the engineers was he?
                If you can't set a good example, be a glaring warning.

Comment

Originally posted by freightshaker View Post
                  There goes the Tabletown defense budget. These should also work well for squashing riots and uprisings.

Pardon me, my Lord, but I don't believe a turretless tank will perform very well in the AA artillery mode. Johnson wasn't among the engineers was he?
                  No, I realise that...I guess I ought to make up something about the plasma bursts being set to a wide dispersion level...or something. Would that work?

Dr. S.

www.tabletown.co.uk

Comment

Haha, Bloody Stupid Johnson. If he's involved then we'll never know what's wrong until it's too late. Bergholt Stuttley Johnson is really a great designer...
                    Last edited by McCoy; 17 Nov 07, 20:44.
                    ----

Comment

Originally posted by Doctor Sinister View Post
                      No, I realise that...I guess I ought to make up something about the plasma bursts being set to a wide dispersion level...or something. Would that work?

Dr. S.
                      A prism or some sort of refraction devise would work. I thought Johnson was sent to the 'chipper years ago...?

Comment

Originally posted by freightshaker View Post
                        A prism or some sort of refraction devise would work. I thought Johnson was sent to the 'chipper years ago...?
                        He was...but he also had the key to the cloning device. So who knows how many Johnsons there are now...

Dr. S.

www.tabletown.co.uk

Comment

Oh, rest assured, they're still about. Got a Johnson living next door to me in a damned Lincoln Log Fort! I hear he's got a brother in "Textiles", wonder what they're up to?
                          http://www.ebay.com/usr/froglevelzcool

“The test of success is not what you do when you are on top. Success is how high you bounce when you hit bottom." - George S. Patton

Comment

Originally posted by razorboy View Post
                            Oh, rest assured, they're still about. Got a Johnson living next door to me in a damned Lincoln Log Fort! I hear he's got a brother in "Textiles", wonder what they're up to?
                            That's him!!! Quick, Lord, dispatch the assassin droids!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                            X