My LEGO Western Fort.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My LEGO Western Fort.

A while ago I promised I would rebuild my LEGO western fort and post some pictures, so here we go.

The LEGO Wild West theme contained what I think are the only overt "factual" military sets they've ever made - I'm excluding things like their Castle and Pirates ranges here, these guys are clearly US Cavalrymen - they even have US on their belt buckles.

So then, this is set 6769 - Fort Legoredo! My fort is actually enhanced slightly as I've added a big baseplate to the centre.

A sentry stands on guard near the main gates.

Standing on the upper level to the rear, the General and another sentry watch over the proceedings in the parade ground.

Here is the complete complement of the fort - not all these guys came with this set, some came with other Wild West sets and I simply gathered them all together.

One side of the fort is armed with three cannon - two cannon came from other Wild West sets in the series, it made sense to congregate them here. I imagine that Fort Legoredo must overlook a valley or something and these guns are aimed squarely at any approach.

Reveille!

More pix in a minute, I've reached the limit here.

Dr. S.
    Attached Files
    Imagine a ball of iron, the size of the sun. And once a year a tiny sparrow brushes its surface with the tip of its wing. And when that ball of iron, the size of the sun, is worn away to nothing, your punishment will barely have begun.

www.sinisterincorporated.co.uk

www.tabletown.co.uk

Here's the General in his quarters - he's lucky to have a room, no-one else does. Well, unless you count the cells.

A wagon leaves the fort to head for the town of Legoredo itself.

Uh-oh, some Bandits are looking to cause trouble.

A scurvy bunch of thugs they are.

Luckily, the fort can count on one of the Sheriff's Deputies to assist - and I've ensured that they have more rifles in case of a long siege.

If anyone is interested, I'll post pictures of the other Wild West sets I've got here - including the town of Legoredo itself, a bandit's hideout (an abandoned mine) and a Red Indian (sorry, not very PC I know) settlement.

Dr. S.
    Attached Files
    Imagine a ball of iron, the size of the sun. And once a year a tiny sparrow brushes its surface with the tip of its wing. And when that ball of iron, the size of the sun, is worn away to nothing, your punishment will barely have begun.

www.tabletown.co.uk

Comment

Doc, these are great. Before I came here, I never knew Lego's were into so many areas. And realistic!! I swear I can smell the booze on that Irish Bugler.
      My Avatar: Ivan W. Henderson Gunner/navigator B-25-26. 117 combat missions. Both Theaters. 11 confirmed kills. DSC.

Comment

Nice!
        The safest place in Korea was behind a platoon of Marines. Lord how they could fight! - MGEN Frank Lowe, U.S. Army.
        ----
        We got a kinder, gentler, Machine gun hand - N.Y.

Comment

Doc, I have that same wild west fort as well as the bank and general store. I love the trap door seats in the generals room However, whenever Fort Legoredo was attack the attackers always seem to get in by climbing the rocks up the back of the chiminy and into the back of the fort Thats one of the few weakness of this otherwise impregnable fort.

Thanks for looking!!

Comment

Why aren't you entering something LEGO into the group build?

Comment

Originally posted by SoccerDJ View Post
              Doc, I have that same wild west fort as well as the bank and general store. I love the trap door seats in the generals room However, whenever Fort Legoredo was attack the attackers always seem to get in by climbing the rocks up the back of the chiminy and into the back of the fort Thats one of the few weakness of this otherwise impregnable fort.
              This is true - also, there's a supply entrance at the back which basically allows attackers lots of cover whilst they try to blow the door - I might have to modify that now it's rebuilt.

This set hasn't been built in 8 years - since before I got married!

I intend to show pix of the Bank and General Store soon, as well as the Sheriff's Lockup which I also have.

Originally posted by Duncan View Post
              Why aren't you entering something LEGO into the group build?
              In LEGO terms, something you build yourself is a "MOC" (My Own Creation).

This is just a set, I'm not much of a MOCer.

Most of my bricks are tied up in Tabletown - or in other sets on display or stored. Hence I tend to concentrate on Vignettes.

Dr. S.

www.tabletown.co.uk

Comment

Cool

Comment

Hell Doc, that's so sad.... You remind me of me!
                  The long toll of the brave
                  Is not lost in darkness
                  Over the fruitful earth
                  And athwart the seas
                  Hath passed the light of noble deeds
                  Unquenchable forever.

Comment

Doctor Sinister your lego activities are something to be admired.
                    I look forward to them.
                    Could you do Rork's Drift?
                    That would be cool.

"Advances in technology tend to overwhelm me."

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                    X