Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I built a model! (OK, so it's LEGO again...)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I built a model! (OK, so it's LEGO again...)

A LEGO Vignette is a small scene using a base 8 studs wide by 8 studs long.

It basically forces LEGO builders to be a little more creative in a very small space if they want to convey the heart and soul of the scene they are creating. Think of it as just a tiny tiny diorama.

Anyway, I built my first vignette today...

This vignette is entitled "Last Stand".

The brave warrior held the line valiantly against the marauding skeleton hordes, and even managed to kill one with his trusty sword, but with his comrades all dead, all seems lost and he now faces death himself as he tries to fend off attack with an axe.

Dr. S.
    Imagine a ball of iron, the size of the sun. And once a year a tiny sparrow brushes its surface with the tip of its wing. And when that ball of iron, the size of the sun, is worn away to nothing, your punishment will barely have begun.

www.sinisterincorporated.co.uk

www.tabletown.co.uk

Nice work Doc, Lego is a lot scarier than I remember!!! I wonder if you can get this one in the 'Paridiso' range!!
    Wolster

Comment

Very nice, Dr. S!
      Love. Where does it come from?
      from The Thin Red Line

Comment

I like the guy's face, reminds me of myself..haha pretty cool Doc.
        I am a simple man. I am by no means smarter than the average man. I am average...yet genius.

Comment

Cool Doc!! I like the action photography.
          If you can't set a good example, be a glaring warning.

Comment

lego or not, nice action, i like the low camera angle too.
            Life is what happens to you when your busy making other plans! Lennon - www.lufttiger.com

Comment

Thanks for the feedback guys! I know this is nothing compared to what you guys do...

On a LEGO forum I frequent, their graphic guy posted yesterday that my first picture above is one of the coolest LEGO shots EVER - especially as I didn't even need to edit it digitally. That's kind of cool eh?

Dr. S.
              Imagine a ball of iron, the size of the sun. And once a year a tiny sparrow brushes its surface with the tip of its wing. And when that ball of iron, the size of the sun, is worn away to nothing, your punishment will barely have begun.

www.tabletown.co.uk

Comment

you think you could make some more!!!

pretty please!!!

please!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Conlin View Post
                  you think you could make some more!!!

pretty please!!!

please!!!!
                  I have made a new one - but it's totally unrelated to the above and not even Military history related (as if skeletons were anyway)...

Want to see it?

Dr. S.

www.tabletown.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Doctor Sinister View Post
                    I have made a new one - but it's totally unrelated to the above and not even Military history related (as if skeletons were anyway)...

Want to see it?

Dr. S.
                    GET ON WITH IT!!!!

Comment

OK, here goes. This one is simply titled "Intruder".

The Police had spent years trying to track down the bearded burglar in the red outfit, and now...they finally had their man.

I like to mess with lighting effects in my LEGO pictures, I was quite pleased with the fireplace effect I managed. Note that I have not edited these pictures in any way (it probably shows!).

The lighting in the fireplace is very low tech'. I just left the back of the fireplace open, put some coloured paper there to filter the light slightly and put a torch behind that!

Here's my exclusive behind the scenes picture.

I used the low natural light from the window to illuminate the scene generally but left the torch really to do the main job of highlighting the fire.

Of course...Santa would be horribly burned if he came down that chimney, but I guess he is magical...right?

Dr. S.

www.tabletown.co.uk

Comment

Brilliant, love the expression an Santas face!!!!
                        Wolster

Comment

I'm off work with a chest infection so I'm kind of bored...it's not as if I can even sleep as I just cough myself to pieces so I have to do something.

Anyway, this one is kind of an experiment. I don't know if it has worked or not, but I'm on medication so my mind is a little frazzled right now.

I call it "Escape to the Cave".

The brave knight had fought long and hard with the Dragon but the battle was too much for him... He flees to a mysterious glowing cave containing water that has magical healing properties, but he can only wonder how long it is before the Dragon finds him...

Dr. S.

www.tabletown.co.uk

Comment

You just had to show us the behind the scenes stuff and spoil the illusion....

Great stuff Doc, you have an overactive imagination.

Comment

I have another two LEGO Vignettes here:

http://www.armchairgeneral.com/forum...ad.php?t=55618

http://www.armchairgeneral.com/forum...ad.php?t=55617

Dr. S.

www.tabletown.co.uk

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X