Chat Thread-Krateros Goes West

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chat Thread-Krateros Goes West

Chat, bicker, banter, congratulations, and anything else OOC goes here.
    First Counsul Maleketh of Jonov

The Numidian Elephant Corps is on the move .

How to Talk to a Climate Skeptic: http://grist.org/series/skeptics/
    Global Warming & Climate Change Myths: https://www.skepticalscience.com/argument.php

Comment

Well, looks like my little mob is off to a great start!
      We just took Panormos by storm in the dead of the night (no, not by treachery) and what a lovely place it is.
      However, the reaction seems a bit extreme, its starting to look as if I blundered into the center of the Carthaginian main effort.
      And here, I thought Sicilly would be the open flank or something like that...
      "Why is the Rum gone?"

-Captain Jack

Comment

You do realize that Del made us wait a turn to get Mercenaries and he is telling me you get yours right away? I thought you said your "home" was Himera? Why don't you have a home base? As for getting funds from another player, I was told we had to hand deliver them. How did you get yours? We got there just behind your troops and you should be starting next turn with the 3000 troops you said you had. We should see a bit of even handed moderation for both sides.

Our ships will reach you next turn and once you are cut off, we will assault.
        Pruitt, you are truly an expert! Kelt06

Have you been struck by the jawbone of an ASS lately?

by Khepesh "This is the logic of Pruitt"

Comment

Pruitt if you would like to look in your group I stated the exchange of funds would be abstracted and instant.

Mercenaries do not start with territory under their control.

Pruitt you did not wait a turn for mercenaries. That's an outright lie. You had to sail to Sicily then march to Panormus. Exo only had to march a short ways to Panormus.

I am being even handed to every player. If you don't think so please leave my game and don't come back.

Comment

Originally posted by Delenda estRoma View Post
            I am being even handed to every player. If you don't think so please leave my game and don't come back.
            Well since you asked me nicely, maybe I will. You and I seem to have read the same posts and got different results.

Pruitt

Comment

Originally posted by Pruitt View Post
              Well since you asked me nicely, maybe I will. You and I seem to have read the same posts and got different results.

Pruitt
              You seem to forget that I moderate this game in my free time for the enjoyment of others. You also seem to forget that I have no reason to be biased in my moderation. Claims that I am not even handed are offensive and if you continue to make them you aren't welcome to play. Understand?

Comment

At the bottom of our Land OOB page 1, I asked if we had to deliver the funds to the rebels in Eusperides. You said we had to deliver the funds. If The Ex does not have funds until he gets delivery of said funds, he can't hire Mercenaries.

Comment

On page 10 of the Group Discussion thread you have changed the delivery of funds between players to an abstract transaction. I understood this to mean that any player in an Allied group could transfer funds. Changing your rule has given an advantage to one of the players on the other side.

We used the loot we gained at Theveste at the end of turn one to hire Mercenaries in turn two. You said we could not post the troops until the end of turn two. You said we could not start them in Sicily, so I asked for them in Carthage.

I can understand the logic of placing a levy on locals to defend a town, sort of. How a group of Mercenaries arrive out of thin air in a formerly hostile town still seems a bit strange.

Comment

At the bottom of our Land OOB page 1, I asked if we had to deliver the funds to the rebels in Eusperides. You said we had to deliver the funds. If The Ex does not have funds until he gets delivery of said funds, he can't hire Mercenaries.
                    Already addressed this in group and here.

Comment

On page 10 of the Group Discussion thread you have changed the delivery of funds between players to an abstract transaction. I understood this to mean that any player in an Allied group could transfer funds. Changing your rule has given an advantage to one of the players on the other side.

We used the loot we gained at Theveste at the end of turn one to hire Mercenaries in turn two. You said we could not post the troops until the end of turn two. You said we could not start them in Sicily, so I asked for them in Carthage.

I can understand the logic of placing a levy on locals to defend a town, sort of. How a group of Mercenaries arrive out of thin air in a formerly hostile town still seems a bit strange.
                      Your own misinterpretations aren't my fault. I was asked by Exo and Tac about the method of transferring cash and established that funds transfers are abstract. That's it. No

False. You couldn't spawn those troops in Sicily because you had no troops or generals in Sicily. That would have given you an unfair advantage. You don't understand turn based systems. That's obvious. You got those troops at the start of turn 2.

Irrelevant. Mercenaries can be hired wherever your armies or fleets are. Or you can ask them to show up at a certain city.

Comment

Already addressed this in group and here.
                        There are Groups?

Okay, you know I didn't move out of treachery, right? I made my call last week, and then issued my orders. I just went after the best town in reach for my little band to call their own. I went straight there with no preliminaries and did a night-time coup-d-main.
                        Its one town on an island with about 20 of them, what's the big deal?
                        "Why is the Rum gone?"

-Captain Jack

Comment

Social groups for factions with more than one player Exo. You should probably join Krateros's group.

Comment

Social groups for factions with more than one player Exo. You should probably join Krateros's group.
                            Good to know.

I just tried, looks like I need an invitation.
                            "Why is the Rum gone?"

-Captain Jack

Comment

Contact Khryses. The creator of the Social Group has to extend invitations. If you had been okayed for Carthage we would have sent you an invite first thing.

Pruitt

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X