No announcement yet.

Chat Thread-Krateros Goes West

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Eh, oversight. Since I was doing the negotiations....but not able to issue group invites and such.

As for hiring mercs and such Pruitt, if you look for only mercs that are locally available, you can get them rather quickly. If you exhaust the local supply of a type, or want mercs from farther away, like Iberia for instance, you have to wait.
    Tacitos, Satrap of Kyrene

Comment

Oh I understand well enough. The problem I have is this game is so much like his old Diadochi Game, that it is hard to find out where he tweaked to rules from it. If you recall we had some long and interesting discussions there as well. We would need GMan in Sicily to instantly hire Mercenaries. The problem is always finding effective Mercenaries. I have my own prejudices about troop types. Sometimes the locals aren't that good!

Pruitt
      Pruitt, you are truly an expert! Kelt06

Have you been struck by the jawbone of an ASS lately?

by Khepesh "This is the logic of Pruitt"

Comment

Pruitt this has been explained to you time after time and this is my last hurrah. This game is not the same game or connected to my Diadochi game. You can't look at rules from a separate game and apply them to this completely different game.
        First Counsul Maleketh of Jonov

Comment

For the guy that's quite possibly 'winning' if scores were tallied.....there's a lot of complaining.

Everyone is operating under the same restrictions. And with the same troop issue problems. Try getting some replacement Skythians, more than a couple hundred worth......you're looking at a quarter of a year at least to get them.

It's war, and more than the GM, we're all going up against our counterparts, in both skill and strategy. That means that unforseen things will happen.....and that players will actually swamp the GM with innovation that's beyond the scope of his rules. It's a testament to our skills if we actually make Lance have to make new rules......because we hit him with something he couldn't anticipate.

As far as the public bitching....chill. The greatest game ever played on ACG...EVER....had almost no rules starting out and everything was being made up on the fly by the GM. And it's legendary.... As for the rules, I think they're fair across the board in that everyone has things they're dissatisfied with....it's war, there will be friction. The secret is how you deal with friction.
          Tacitos, Satrap of Kyrene

Comment

Originally posted by TacCovert4 View Post
            (...) The greatest game ever played on ACG...EVER....had almost no rules starting out and everything was being made up on the fly by the GM. And it's legendary.... As for the rules, I think they're fair across the board in that everyone has things they're dissatisfied with....it's war, there will be friction. The secret is how you deal with friction.
            SPQR ?
            High Admiral Snowy, Commander In Chief of the Naval Forces of The Phoenix Confederation.
            Major Atticus Finch - ACW Rainbow Co.

Comment

I should be on track to get you some orders today, before the deadline.
              Captain Khryses, Silver Star Omnilift Wing

Comment

While surveying the damage-control efforts and the recovery of arms & armor at Panormos, Kolja is handed a report on the progress of the war on other fronts. He casts the papyrus aside with a shrug and asks
                "Where the hell is Euesperides?"
                "Why is the Rum gone?"

-Captain Jack

Comment

I guess our missile troops went silent when the assault was going on.
                  "We have no white flag."

Comment

For the most part yes. They couldn't fire on the enemy melee troops for fear of friendly fire. Instead the enemy missile troops were targeted, but they were heavily protected and had a height advantage.

Comment

We also ordered mines dug under the walls of Panormos. These walls damaged by them should not be repairable as the foundation has collapsed. A Carthaginian Squadron has also shut off Panormos Harbor and will take any merchant ships that try to enter there.

Comment

Your mining was unsuccessful this turn so it was not announced publicly. Your public announcement of your intentions makes it far more likely your next attempt at mining can be countered by countermining from the defenders.

Comment

Originally posted by Delenda estRoma View Post
                          Your mining was unsuccessful this turn so it was not announced publicly....
                          As a refresher, could we see a list of things that we need to announce publicly to make them happen?
                          "Why is the Rum gone?"

-Captain Jack

Comment

What do you mean? You can ask for something to be done any time in the orders thread or by pm. If that requires you to make public announcements I will inform you.

Gman ordered mining attempts on Panormus. His attempts failed, and none of your soldiers or citizens noticed the attempts. Therefore you as a player don't need to know you that Carthage tried it.

Pruitt publicly announced the mining attempt. Therefore you know about it in character.

Comment

Oh!
                              Oh, okay, your wording seemed a little off, as if to accomplish something he needed to make it on a public thread in some cases.

I have one;
                              After the battle is over, I send word out that the Punics can recover their wounded that are laying beneath our city walls... but there are 2 conditions;
                              1- leave their arms and armor, or my bowmen will shoot.
                              2- if you do, take the dead too, I haven't the time to give them funeral rites.
                              "Why is the Rum gone?"

-Captain Jack

Comment

Ex I really appreciate the offer, but we don't really have "wounded" in this game. All those people you see lying there are officially dead. We may try and pull out some of the dead at night. By the way, if my men see your men trying to recover arms and armor we will also shoot! We have Archers and Slingers that outrange the average Missile men. Plus it gives the ballistae operators practice!

Pruitt

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X